[ICS] [AOKP] [4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Presenting... the first ever build of AOKP for the ZTE Crescent!

You need a 200MB system partition minimum for this ROM (160MB without Google apps). Stock partition layout is ideal but if you are having problems such as missing Google apps, use the TPT at the bottom of the post.

For those who have no idea what Ice Cream Sandwich looks like...

Thumbnail_2012-05-07-10-40-53.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-10-41-09.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-14-04-33.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-14-04-51.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-14-05-16.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-18-24-18.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-18-25-04.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-18-27-48.png

This ROM is suitable for both the Orange San Francisco II and the T-Mobile Vivacity. It is the collaborative efforts of tilal6991, Fuzzra and me (in that order!) and is hacked together from the AOKP sources using some elements of CM9 (such as webkit and dalvik). What does this mean to you?

Details:

• Android 4.0.4 - Ice Cream Sandwich in AOKP flavour!
  • AOKP: Android Open Kang Project!
  • Adreno 200 ARMv6 GPU drivers for awesome 3D performance - Ice Cream Sandwich running smooth on the Crescent!
  • Hardware acceleration!

Check the second post for known issues and the third for a change log.

Sources:
    • Device: github.com/Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2
    • Proprietaries: github.com/Dazzozo/proprietary_vendor_zte
    • Kernel: github.com/CyanogenMod/zte-kernel-msm7x27

This is a continuation of the work from the previous thread created by Fuzzra: http://android.modac...test-cm9-build/

Instructions:(have some sense and read them)
Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Working:

• Hardware Acceleration
  • Mobile Data - 3G/2G
  • Network and RIL
  • Sound
  • Sensors
  • Live Wallpapers
  • USB Mass Storage
  • Calculator
  • Gallery
  • Rear Camera
  • Wi-Fi and indicator
  • Bluetooth (needs Wi-Fi on)
  • Camcorder

Not Working:

• Panorama
    • Hardware decoding (and probably never will work)
    • Front Camera
    • Hardware decoding: Qualcomm are required to release an OpenMAX integration layer update that is compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich due to the device unfortunately being one of many which are MSM7227 QDSP5. The chances of this happening are pretty much zero. If you want more information, or a petition to sign (again) in the hope it actually gets somewhere: http://www.groubal.c...-from-qualcomm/

We are listed in the petition in the device list as "ZTE Blade S".

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Change Log:

07/04/2012 - R0

• Initial release
  • - No Wi-Fi
  • - Adreno 200 drivers

11/04/2012 - R1
    • Overclocking
    • Wi-Fi
    • MP3 support and other missing decoders

13/04/2012 - R1a
      • Wi-Fi indicator
      • wpa_supplicant 8

14/05/2012 - R2
        • Massive catch up to the current CyanogenMod 9 state
        • Huge changes in AOKP
        • Fixed Google Play app compatibilities
        • Fixed red borders on touch input
        • Fixed P736E buttons on all screens
        • Fixed camera - no camcorder or panorama yet
        • Working Bluetooth
        • Performance gain - similar to CM9, less of an alpha
        • Now a userdebug build

30/05/2012 - R3: Build 37

• Synced with AOKP repos
          • Fixed video recording (panorama still broken at this stage)
          • Proprietary lib updates
          • Wi-Fi improvements and changes
          • Changed camera HAL
          • Fixed ringtones not repeating
          • Performance gain
          • 30/05/2012 - R3a: Build 37

[*]Add in missing Camera app (stupid issue)

01/07/2012 - R4: Build 40

[*]Finally fixed the Bluetooth dependency on Wi-Fi

[*]Fixed some battery drain issues

[*]Fixed the PITA build procedure so I don't have to build it twice to build everything...

[*]Camera fixes

[*]Performance gain

[*]Fixed some ARMv6 compatibility issues

[*]Fixed Browser closing itself

[*]Synced with AOKP repos

[*]New boot animation

[*]Some other minor changes you (probably) won't notice

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest jasonleeds

Top work, will flash this now and let you know how things go in the morrow.

Cant thank you enough for your work......been playing with cygwin etc myself and wasted a full day laugh.gifmad.gif

Keep it up dude!!!

Guest Dazzozo

any hopes on getting the wifi fixed?

could the zte skate offer any clues?

Currently setting up a build environment on a VM that PsYcHoKiLLa lovingly set up.

We already have working Android-level firmware, the problem is in the kernel. It's my next priority, don't worry.

Guest misodoctakleidist

This ROM sounds amazing.

At the rate Dazzozo is going he'll have the Crescent running Jelly Bean by the end of the week.

Edited by misodoctakleidist

Guest app10336

Most instable than cm9.

Lux and proxymity captor no work

GPS/accelerometer/compass/magnetic running fine.

Freeze when phone screen off.

Edited by app10336

Guest Dazzozo

Most instable than cm9.Lux and proxymity captor no workGPS/accelerometer/compass/magnetic running fine.Freeze when phone screen off.

This is a very early build. There are some graphical glitches (such as a red border around the screen on some touch input). Be as specific as you can when reporting issues. Expect problems, and don't plan on staying on this build of the ROM.

Making this more stable isn't a focus for me at this point, the Wi-Fi issue is as I think that's what's really hitting people hard. Honestly, just use CM9. This is more of a proof of concept at the moment.

Guest app10336

Making this more stable isn't a focus for me at this point, the Wi-Fi issue is as I think that's what's really hitting people hard. Honestly, just use CM9. This is more of a proof of concept at the moment.

I have only tested for feedback. Just hope that help you :)

Guest RedZombie

Good. I really don't want people thinking this is stable :P

Looks very exciting dude, as you say the graphical glitch makes it quite difficult to test properly but is good as a proof of concept... guess this will be for further dev once CM9 is stable or will you work on both?

Guest Dazzozo

Looks very exciting dude, as you say the graphical glitch makes it quite difficult to test properly but is good as a proof of concept... guess this will be for further dev once CM9 is stable or will you work on both?

I'll work on both. As progress is made I'll put a build out in both flavours.

Guest misodoctakleidist

I've just tried this out and, apart from the known issues (WiFi, camera, red borders), the only issue I had was the LED torch not working.

I will definitely be switching to this ROM permanently as soon as the WiFi and camera are working.

Guest Dazzozo

Why do people keep coming here looking for Blade roms?? The forum is called "ZTE Crescent" not "ZTE Blade"

They seem to stop reading at "San Francisco".

Guest gooey1994

I'm new to Modaco and I have tried out the beta for this splendid version of Android on my San Francisco II and I have found out that every now and again, when testing out the software, the phone turns off and restarts a few minutes later when pressing the on button, don't know whether this is because I'm charging the phone using my PC and also when this happens, the usb port on my PC also malfunctions yet I plug-in other devices and the same port works as normal. Does anyone else have the same issue as this may need addressing, I'll post more on this later on.

Guest Dazzozo

I'm new to Modaco and I have tried out the beta for this splendid version of Android on my San Francisco II and I have found out that every now and again, when testing out the software, the phone turns off and restarts a few minutes later when pressing the on button, don't know whether this is because I'm charging the phone using my PC and also when this happens, the usb port on my PC also malfunctions yet I plug-in other devices and the same port works as normal. Does anyone else have the same issue as this may need addressing, I'll post more on this later on.

It's far from beta software.

In both CM9 and AOKP distributions I've noticed this too on the Crescent, though it seems to have cleared up in CM9 somehow and I've only seen it happen once since I started releasing builds, which has been a good few weeks now.

Guest misodoctakleidist

I've just flashed this.

The GPS is working.

Trying to turn on the LED torch gives the error "Unfortunately, system UI has stopped." Probably because it depends on the camera.

Haven't seen any other bugs yet apart from the ones that are already known (wifi indicator, camera, red borders).

Edit: Google Places is force closing whenever I try to search for something in it. Don't know if it's because of this ROM.

Edit 2: Seems to be working now after a re-start.

Edit 3: Auto-brightness is a bit glitchy. When you first toggle it on, it just stays at previous brightness levels until you either turn the screen off or cover up the light sensors. Not really a major issue though.

Edited by misodoctakleidist

Guest Dazzozo

Edit 3: Auto-brightness is a bit glitchy. When you first toggle it on, it just stays at previous brightness levels until you either turn the screen off or cover up the light sensors. Not really a major issue though.

Probably an AOKP specific thing. On CM9 I tick that box and it fades out instantly.

Edit: Your description of this seems to be... working as intended? That just seems to be the behaviour of it in a light environment.

Edited by Dazzozo