[ICS] [AOKP] [4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest sispeer

ok done full wipe fresh install and sign in,market ect all work but no matter what browser i use nothing loads.

if anyone has any ideas let me know. the wi fi and 3g work so there's no problem getting a connection so maybe its only the bowser app.

don't know but very annoying

hope fully this can be sorted as i would use this as my daily rom

Guest domenico lamberti

pretty good ROM daz , few issues for me, certain apps (browser,gmail,FML) close seconds after being opened, but without an error message, its as if i pressed the home button to close out of it, another is that it freezes on the lockscreen quite a bit for me

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dazzozo

If that's how it is that's how it is.any suggestions though what I could do.

The browser does crash. That's that. AOKP obviously just has less support for devices like ours.

I don't know what there is to suggest but use CM9. I could maybe try and get the browser to work for the next build (probably just by stealing everything related to it from CM9).

Guest Dazzozo

I might just do what happens for the Blade. There's a pretty strong "CM9/AOKP remix" over there, which is sort of what this is, just to a lesser scale. (We take some components of CM9 to make it compile already.)

Guest b4da55

Obviously they are your baby's but personally I would prefer the aokp to stay as close as possible to what it is. Now if that can be done.keep up good work

Guest AmbushReality

Obviously they are your baby's but personally I would prefer the aokp to stay as close as possible to what it is. Now if that can be done.keep up good work

Personally,I just want cm9 with the aokp mods :P (softkeys mostly)

Guest Dazzozo

Stay as close to not working?

I'm pretty sure everyone would rather functionality over purity. You wouldn't cosmetically see anything from CM9, it would all be the behind-the-scenes support for our device.

Guest Dazzozo

meant looks wise different notification bar settings, subtle differences that i like

You wouldn't cosmetically see anything from CM9

It would still be AOKP. Everything underneath would be ripped from CM9 to make it run better.

Guest Josef Prusa

Hi Dazz,

tried yesterday on my Vivacity but the phone kept rebooting. It got up to the PIN and after entering the PIN (several times even earlier) it rebooted. And before you even ask - I did the standard wipe & format procedure before flashing.

Not a big problem, though, since your CM9 works reasonably well.

Thanks for your work

Josef

• 4 weeks later...