CWM 5.x.x.x with ext4 support question?

Guest trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

Hey all, and a good evening as well,

Was just wondering whether anyone is willing to compile a newer version of CWM for the Blade, I've got a HTC Wildfire and I've got fastbooted to it CWM 5.0.2.7 on to it and noticed that it can partition ext 2, 3 & 4 partitions on you SDcards... I think this would be a great addition to the Blade and it saves us time from messing around with adb, parted print commands and manually partitioning sdcards using guides shown on the net just to get ext3 & 4 partitions...

So, hows about it guyz and girlz?... Please can someone take up the challenge!?...

PS. I would do it myself but have no clue to decompiling/porting and compiling CWM language codes, and if I do take up the challenge I'll probably be upgraded to a new device by then as I'm very slow at grasping today's programming languages :P

Edited by trueno2k

Guest targetbsp

I'd be more interested in an official Touch Recovery. We had one for a day or so but it was pulled as it didn't actually work. :(

You're also lacking ambition... it's up to 5.8.2.x on some phones. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest trueno2k

I'd be more interested in an official Touch Recovery. We had one for a day or so but it was pulled as it didn't actually work. :(

You're also lacking ambition... it's up to 5.8.2.x on some phones. :D

:P

Thats where the + comes into the story... LOL :P

Guest t0mm13b

From what I can see here,

RECOVERY_VERSION := $(RECOVERY_NAME) v5.5.0.4
it seems to be the latest so far officially, from gleaning on the github....

Guest KonstaT

You should probably ask tilal6991 to compile one.

I compiled ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4 on the early days of Coldfusion/CM9 source. It was fully working other than it didn't mount sd-ext partition. It should be fixed by now.

Edit. Just compiled another one and still can't mount sd-ext. Can't see any obvious reason why...

Anyway I'm happy with my ancient 4.0.1.5. :P I attached the 5.5.0.4 image if someone wants to play around with it. Only for testing purposes. Credits go to Koush and tilal6991.

Edit2. See post #14.

Guest Amphoras

For people wanting a touch recovery, there is always the one t0mm13b and Phoenix Silver made. The sensitivity can be a bit funny sometimes, but it works pretty well.

Guest targetbsp

For people wanting a touch recovery, there is always the one t0mm13b and Phoenix Silver made. The sensitivity can be a bit funny sometimes, but it works pretty well.

Is it compatible with Rom Manager though?

Guest trueno2k

You should probably ask tilal6991 to compile one.

I compiled ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4 on the early days of Coldfusion/CM9 source. It was fully working other than it didn't mount sd-ext partition. It should be fixed by now.

Edit. Just compiled another one and still can't mount sd-ext. Can't see any obvious reason why...

Anyway I'm happy with my ancient 4.0.1.5. :P I attached the 5.5.0.4 image if someone wants to play around with it. Only for testing purposes. Credits go to Koush and tilal6991.

http://www.mediafire...b42xbcpx8z52yz6

I'm not really bothered about touch screen recovery tbh, I more than rather have ext4 support really!...

I thought you compiled this for the OMC / Skate?... I currently have this on mine, but if you read THIS, you can see I'm also having problems with using it from cold boot!...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest KonstaT

I'm not really bothered about touch screen recovery tbh, I more than rather have ext4 support really!...

I thought you compiled this for the OMC / Skate?... I currently have this on mine, but if you read THIS, you can see I'm also having problems with using it from cold boot!...

See post #38

Guest ..Abel..

where can i get this ?

Guest Amphoras

isnt that an old version ? i wish we could get the latest touch recovery !

That's the only touch recovery for our phone that actually works.

Guest trueno2k

I compiled it for Blade but I never released it because it had that sd-ext issue. I've managed to fix that now and here is a new image.

recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...vn0v8w2eebgxdpv

I can confirm that it also has that cold boot issue as described. It works ok if you select reboot to recovery from your ROM (or adb reboot recovery). Keys stop working if you boot to recovery using volume down key while booting. Should be fully working other than that.

Got any checksums so that I can verify that this has correctly downloaded please :D

Guest t0mm13b

I compiled it for Blade but I never released it because it had that sd-ext issue. I've managed to fix that now and here is a new image.

recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?vn0v8w2eebgxdpv

I can confirm that it also has that cold boot issue as described. It works ok if you select reboot to recovery from your ROM (or adb reboot recovery). Keys stop working if you boot to recovery using volume down key while booting. Should be fully working other than that.

That problem is the kernel used in the recovery!

The keys do deliberately get frozen and locked as a result due to this stupid FTM mode (on the face of it, no one hardly uses it, its there by default on the compiled cm7/cm9 kernel AFAIK) which I found it to be very very annoying, not alone that, the more recent kernel version of .32 fails to work with recovery. I recall having to do a lot of rooting around looking for the exact .32 version that works with recovery when working on the clockworkmodgui recovery :)

Guest shmizan

I mean, can Rom Manager control it?

I have it running and yes Rom Manager can control it (although it shouldn't. it thinks my version is 5.0.2.0 and thus doesn't want me to update before I use the flash new ROM feature) but the only thing I couldn't get to work is canceling the progress bars which make the backup and restore REALLY REALLY slow. like 10-20 minutes each!

That problem is the kernel used in the recovery!

The keys do deliberately get frozen and locked as a result due to this stupid FTM mode (on the face of it, no one hardly uses it, its there by default on the compiled cm7/cm9 kernel AFAIK) which I found it to be very very annoying, not alone that, the more recent kernel version of .32 fails to work with recovery. I recall having to do a lot of rooting around looking for the exact .32 version that works with recovery when working on the clockworkmodgui recovery :)

Hi there! didn't see you post for a while. I wonder what it takes to make a newer version of the touch recovery you did a few months ago (and works really well for me since my vol rocker doesn't work).

Guest t0mm13b

I have it running and yes Rom Manager can control it (although it shouldn't. it thinks my version is 5.0.2.0 and thus doesn't want me to update before I use the flash new ROM feature) but the only thing I couldn't get to work is canceling the progress bars which make the backup and restore REALLY REALLY slow. like 10-20 minutes each!

Hi there! didn't see you post for a while. I wonder what it takes to make a newer version of the touch recovery you did a few months ago (and works really well for me since my vol rocker doesn't work).

It most certainly can be done... ;)

Guest Amphoras

Try enabling the progress bars. I think on the official version 4 ones the setting was reversed somehow, maybe its the same here.