[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Hey t0mm13b, no plans on getting on the ICS & JB bandwagon??

ICS - did my best with the ics4blade project a while ago...

As for JB... let's just say, I am attempting JB AOSP :)

But not posting anything on that for now to keep the moany whiny users out of it!

Guest lloco73

Odd!

MT9P111 is compiled into the kernel... what sort of blade is it you have there? can you send me the kernel's boot messages for this please? :)

Hello t0mm13b

Strange things happen.

Reinstalled rom and now camera app works (image is inverted) and i can now take pictures and record video. does the inverted image has a solution?

cheers and great rom.

Guest bill48er

Hi tomm13b

I've finally got around to installing ROM 20 - been running it for a few days now and I must say it's the most stable ROM since I stripped my Stock Gen 1 ROM of all the Orange bloat ware!

I do have a couple of issues though....

1. GPS. I've found that it will toggle on/off only once after each reboot.

After the first use, Google's "My Tracks" will toggle GPS on - but I get a permanent "Waiting for a better GPS signal" - manually turning GPS off - gives the expected "No GPS is found".

I suspect this was also an issue with "ROM 13" but was not recognised because of system reboots.

2. I've been using the "HiSurfing" fire wall for over a year now and I am now getting a "Error applying iptables rules.

Exit code:1 etc" error when trying to initialise the fire wall.

I've also found that "Driodwall" also gives the same error.

I've done the usual - re-download of the ROM and manually cleared both caches before the installation of the ROM using "ROM Manager"

Any hints/fixes would be very welcome.

Thanks

Bill

Guest t0mm13b

Hi tomm13b

I've finally got around to installing ROM 20 - been running it for a few days now and I must say it's the most stable ROM since I stripped my Stock Gen 1 ROM of all the Orange bloat ware!

I do have a couple of issues though....

After the first use, Google's "My Tracks" will toggle GPS on - but I get a permanent "Waiting for a better GPS signal" - manually turning GPS off - gives the expected "No GPS is found".

I suspect this was also an issue with "ROM 13" but was not recognised because of system reboots.

2. I've been using the "HiSurfing" fire wall for over a year now and I am now getting a "Error applying iptables rules.

Exit code:1 etc" error when trying to initialise the fire wall.

I've also found that "Driodwall" also gives the same error.

I've done the usual - re-download of the ROM and manually cleared both caches before the installation of the ROM using "ROM Manager"

Any hints/fixes would be very welcome.

Thanks

Bill

Try removing the Droidwall apk since that is clashing with the other firewall... If you have titanium backup, nuke the Droidwall completely and see if that improves "HiSurfing" firewall (which is a new one to me as have never heard of before) ? Do let me know if that works for you :)

Any chance you can send over the logcat with respect to GPS activity and I'll chase it down :)

Cheers

Guest bill48er
Try removing the Droidwall apk since that is clashing with the other firewall... If you have titanium backup, nuke the Droidwall completely and see if that improves "HiSurfing" firewall (which is a new one to me as have never heard of before) ? Do let me know if that works for you :)

Any chance you can send over the logcat with respect to GPS activity and I'll chase it down :)

Cheers

Hi

Thanks for the prompt reply.

"HiSurfing" = "Driodwall" with built in traffic metering - nice.

Unfortunately nuking droidwall and a reboot did not clear the error message :-(

I've used "system tuner" to grab a logcat - I hope it's OK.

After the reboot (no internet connected) I started GPS and My Tracks, being in doors I did not get a satellite lock - but did get the flashing icon. Turned GPS off then On again - this time no flashing icon.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bill

2012-07-21_23-39-10.txt

Guest t0mm13b

Hi

Thanks for the prompt reply.

"HiSurfing" = "Driodwall" with built in traffic metering - nice.

Unfortunately nuking droidwall and a reboot did not clear the error message :-(

I've used "system tuner" to grab a logcat - I hope it's OK.

After the reboot (no internet connected) I started GPS and My Tracks, being in doors I did not get a satellite lock - but did get the flashing icon. Turned GPS off then On again - this time no flashing icon.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bill

I found your logcat very hard to read, please refrain from using tools like system tuner which messed up the logcat - I could not even decipher what's going on.

Can you please use the traditional

adb logcat[/CODE]

instead?

Cheers

Guest bill48er
Can you please use the traditional

adb logcat

instead?

Hi

Sorry about that - but I'm new to android - I understood what you needed but not how to get it.

After a bit of googling I came up with the attached.

The routine was as described above including GPS and HiSurfing.

Many thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Bill

Typo corrected!

logcat.txt

Edited by bill48er

Guest t0mm13b

Hi

Sorry about that - but I'm new to android - I understood what you needed but not how to get it.

After a bit of googling I came up with the attached.

The routine was as described above including GPS and HiSurfing.

Many thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Bill

Typo corrected!

In relation to HiSurfing firewall, this:

E/HiSurfing_FireWall(  708): iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

Since you have Droidwall removed try this, plug in cable and from your windows cmd shell or linux terminal:
  • adb shell
  • /system/bin/iptables -F
That will clear all iptables rules, then try running hisurf firewall again, you may need to reset it and reinitialise it again. If that does not work, then you need to notify the developer to inform the situation, where you tried to run hisurf on a rom that came with droidwall and the two clashed and hisurf is not working. As for the GPS,
E/libloc  (  158): loc_eng_inject_location: GPS not initialized.[/code]

What is the 'MyTracks' that you're running? Have you checked with your app for updates or queried about it, Always check with them first before claiming its the ROM that is at fault! Are you using a toggle widgets, what apps are you running, something is stopping the GPS from working... I have no idea!

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest bill48er

Hi

Thanks again.

Plenty for me to look at when I get some spare time to do some more googling so that I can try and understand what I'm doing and what is going on - I will try a few thing and let you know the out come.

My Tracks is from the Market (Google Play) and is by Google inc. It is up to date I just used it to try an explain the problem - I don't think it's the cause of the problem - and sorry I did not mean to cast dispersions on your most excellent ROM.

Isn't it strange how we are all using basically same phone and yet we see different issues.

For example your latest version of "Gallery" is the only one not to crash my phone, and that includes the original supplied in the GEN 1 stock ROM!!!

I've long since adopted QuickPic as an alternative.

Many thanks.

Cheers

Bill

Guest t0mm13b

rom s link is 404 pl re

huh?

Speak proper english and not text speak then I'll reply! FFS this is a forum here, you articulate your problem clearly, and not munge it up, using shorthand notation and poor grammar!

Am not a nazi-grammar type of person but my pet peeve that completely pees me off is that people who post like that, with text speak, as if treating it as a 4chan kind of thing and expect everyone to read it and answer to them. Have seen once too often on other forums and its an absolute disgrace! Pray, you don't write your school essays/thesis using that kind of manner - I bloody hope not!

A sign of laziness, immaturity and ignorance on your part!

/End Rant!

Guest t0mm13b

Hiya,

The link to the rom gives a 404 dropbox error saying file not found. Please could you upload the rom again?

Hummm... which link? 18/20 are on mediafire - check the second post on the first page? ;)

Edited by t0mm13b

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ricolhaw

IMPORTANT:

DON'T INSTALL ANY CUSTOM MOD ( BOOTANIMATION AND THEMES ) WITH NEEDS TO FLASH THE.ZIP ON THE CWM. THE CELL DON'T TURN ON AFTER I FLASH ANY .ZIP FILE.

PLEASE PUT THEME CHOOSER ON THIS ROM !!!

Guest Snap.IT

IMPORTANT:

DON'T INSTALL ANY CUSTOM MOD ( BOOTANIMATION AND THEMES ) WITH NEEDS TO FLASH THE.ZIP ON THE CWM. THE CELL DON'T TURN ON AFTER I FLASH ANY .ZIP FILE.

Dafuq did i just read?

Guest t0mm13b

IMPORTANT:

This ROM strives and stuck to its clear and simple objective - to be AOSP as possible.

Unfortunately, I will not be implementing themes - that is a CM specific. Really, if you want theming support - it would be best to look at CM instead,

Simples really :)

(There will be an upcoming update shortly - have included another opensource launcher - ADWLauncher to offer you the choice - to use stock or the former ;) )

Guest t0mm13b

Please see the second posting on the first page - t0mm13bROM_21.zip is now available: new addition - ADWLauncher, reclaimed a bit more RAM. :)

Have phun!

Guest bill48er

Hi

I know for some of you guys English is not your first language, but jeez guys if you need some help you need to give the dev a clue to what your issues are - polite rant over :-)

Please, can you try to fix the gps and bluetooth, this is the perfect rom for brazilian blades, except for this items. Thanks!

Is your problem the same as mine?

I’ve been busy-busy lately so I’m still working with the same installation of ROM 20 and this is what I’ve discovered so far:

Use setting to toggle GPS “on” and reboot.

Starting and stopping the apps “Google maps”, “My tracks” and “Compass” and they will happily toggle on and off the GPS as needed, and leaving the GPS set to “on” in settings does not drain the battery at all!

My conclusion is that in this ROM at least (I have not tried others yet) GPS will switch “on” only on demand so there is no need to use settings or a “power” widget to switch it “off” – if I do GPS stop working!

How does my hypothesis check out with you guys?

My next task is to try and track down the outstanding issue I have with iptables, Hisurfing and Driodwall.

I will report back soonish.

Cheers

Bill

Guest ilopez85

Please see the second posting on the first page - t0mm13bROM_21.zip is now available: new addition - ADWLauncher, reclaimed a bit more RAM. :)

Have phun!

The link is to t0mm13bROM_20.zip (4th June version)...

Edited by ilopez85