MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alternative download sites, SFII and vivacity

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Due to some sites closing a lot of people have been asking for alternative download sites because they cannot get the files they need. I have one or two in this post, please add any more you come across and I`ll update as we go along. I've also added a link to a free MD5 file verifier that works directly on the phone itself and interogates the SD Card as you select a file to check.

File Verification:

https://play.google....d=sa.afv&rdot=1

This post is for SFII:

Files and "How To"

http://sanfranciscoa...co-ii-for-free/

Unlock only;

http://www.mediafire...b6gobcqnwg6ccpk

http://www.mediafire...dkc74m95074i85c

Looks like a full guide and download files (please report back);

http://www.getandroi...co-ii-for-free/

Edited by Reider59

Due to some sites closing a lot of people have been asking for alternative download sites because they cannot get the files they need. I have one or two in this post, please add any more you come across and I`ll update as we go along. I've also added a link to a free MD5 file verifier that works directly on the phone itself and interogates the SD Card as you select a file to check.

File Verification:

https://play.google....d=sa.afv&rdot=1

This post is For Vivacity;

Unlock:

http://android.modac...y-unlock-files/

Looks like a full unlock guide and files (please report back);

http://www.getandroi...acity-for-free/

Fish n Chips R6, fix for upside down cam;

Dennis Elbow Post #933 - Source of Info:

I use QuickSnap Camera both front / back cams, work fine (TMV RLS6)

See/get it here;

frOdo Post #934 - Source of Info as above

Camera360 lets you set the orientation of both cameras. Does a neat tilt shift effect too

See/get it here;

Titas Post #938 - Source of Info as above

I can confirm Camera FX pro works fine for both camera's too

Edited by Reider59

Posted · Report post

Thanks mate, just found 1 and added it + yours, better to put all known links in then if any fail their are alternatives. Thanks again.....

Posted · Report post

I've also added a link to a free MD5 file verifier that works directly on the phone itself and interogates the SD Card as you select a file to check.

File Verification:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sa.afv&rdid=sa.afv&rdot=1

Once installed you open it and select a file on the SD Card, mine pointed to the SD Card from default. It displays an MD5 Code for the selected file and you can hold the phone up and compare it to whats on the screen. This ensures the integrity of the file and that it's fully downloaded. It allows print and has other features too.

As most people know the Vivacity has an upside down front camera when used with the FnC R6. The SFII has a kernel file with a flipped cam but their is none available for the Vivacity and Support is officially dropped for it. Though Raverrr does his very best to help but does not have this phone available to test.

Thankfully the good folk of this forum like Dennis Elbow, frOdo and Titas responded to a request for help. They used/found an APP which in one case displays both cams correctly and the other allows the user to rotate either/both cams themselves. Cool!!! Links are now in the Vivacity post above and I`ll continue to update any more links and cool fixes we get, so we have some parity between services on the Vivacity and the SFII. Thanks again lads.....

Edited by Reider59

Posted · Report post

As most people know the Vivacity has an upside down front camera when used with the FnC R6. The SFII has a kernel file with a flipped cam but their is none available for the Vivacity and Support is officially dropped for it. Though Raverrr does his very best to help but does not have this phone available to test.

Thankfully the good folk of this forum like Dennis Elbow, frOdo and Titas responded to a request for help. They used/found an APP which in one case displays both cams correctly and the other allows the user to rotate either/both cams themselves. Cool!!! Links are now in the Vivacity post above and I`ll continue to update any more links and cool fixes we get, so we have some parity between services on the Vivacity and the SFII. Thanks again lads.....

Support is officially dropped for what and according to who?

If people want a Vivacity kernel with a flipped camera I can look in to how Fuzzra did it for the SFII... not too much work.

Support is officially dropped for what and according to who?

If people want a Vivacity kernel with a flipped camera I can look in to how Fuzzra did it for the SFII... not too much work.

I think this is about F&C RLS6.....

My link

ROM's are just now SF II......

but, can be flashed on TMV ...as long as OC kernel is also flashed.....

Also had camera issue, which seems to have been resolved.....I think??

Edited by irishpancake

I think this is about F&C RLS6.....

My link

ROM's are just now SF II......

but, can be flashed on TMV ...as long as OC kernel is also flashed.....

Also had camera issue, which seems to have been resolved.....I think??

I don't see what the huge problem is with supporting both phones. It pretty much entirely lies in the kernel and once they're built by someone they have quite large compatibility. The kernels for the customised stock ROMs all work with each other, some CM7 kernels I'll throw up when I get CM7 working will work with anyone else's CM7 based ROM (if one gets released by anyone else), and the same can be said for ICS based ROMs, which is already being demonstrated. The AOKP and CM9 kernels are the same files. Literally the same zip linked in both threads because they're both built off AOSP ICS.

In fact, the only reason the CM7 kernel has to be separate is because it requires VMSPLIT_3G which the stock ROMs don't have.

Edit: I don't really follow raverrr's work so I don't know what troubles he's been facing, but my experience of building kernels is that they're generally quite ROM unspecific.

Edited by Dazzozo

Posted · Report post

I don't see what the huge problem is with supporting both phones. It pretty much entirely lies in the kernel and once they're built by someone they have quite large compatibility. The kernels for the customised stock ROMs all work with each other, some CM7 kernels I'll throw up when I get CM7 working will work with anyone else's CM7 based ROM (if one gets released by anyone else), and the same can be said for ICS based ROMs, which is already being demonstrated. The AOKP and CM9 kernels are the same files. Literally the same zip linked in both threads because they're both built off AOSP ICS.

In fact, the only reason the CM7 kernel has to be separate is because it requires VMSPLIT_3G which the stock ROMs don't have.

Edit: I don't really follow raverrr's work so I don't know what troubles he's been facing, but my experience of building kernels is that they're generally quite ROM unspecific.

I used to post 2 versions of my customized stock ROM because the TMV stock kernel makes the touchscreen slightly off when used on a SanFran2.

The TMV doesn't boot with the SanFran2 kernels.(i think)

Ive never built a kernel. Although it is on my list. First i'm trying to learn by playing with cyanogenmod source in ubuntu but repo sync has frozen twice now after 2 days of downloading ...Getting a bit frustrated with it.

Posted · Report post

I used to post 2 versions of my customized stock ROM because the TMV stock kernel makes the touchscreen slightly off when used on a SanFran2.

The TMV doesn't boot with the SanFran2 kernels.(i think)

If you choose to support them again you're probably better off hosting the SF2 version, and having a separate kernel patcher for the Vivacity.

Are people still having issues with a flipped camera?

Posted · Report post

If you choose to support them again you're probably better off hosting the SF2 version, and having a separate kernel patcher for the Vivacity.

Are people still having issues with a flipped camera?

Thats essentially What TMV users have been doing using The stock kernel with overclock patch by Fuzzra.

The camera has a mirrored image on the front facing camera i think. At the moment it means using a third party app.

A user called Joseph has tried several different fixes. He is more up to date on this than me.

Ps: soz for the off topic Raider

Not a problem mate, go at it. As long as the first two links are up to date what transpires in the rest of the thread is secondary. Apart that is if any firm fix comes out of it and the Vivacity doesn`t require a third party app for parity between the two phones. In that case I`ll update the post. Besides you`re keeping the thread active and the links are there for all. :)

Edited by Reider59

Posted · Report post

Thats essentially What TMV users have been doing using The stock kernel with overclock patch by Fuzzra.

The camera has a mirrored image on the front facing camera i think. At the moment it means using a third party app.

A user called Joseph has tried several different fixes. He is more up to date on this than me.

Ps: soz for the off topic Raider

If it's definitely kernel related I'll probably come across it at some point for CM7 and ICS. I need someone I can work closely with who has a Vivacity.

Not a problem mate, go at it. As long as the first two links are up to date what transpires in the rest of the thread is secondary. Apart that is if any firm fix comes out of it and the Vivacity doesn`t require a third party app for parity between the two phones. In that case I`ll update the post. Besides you`re keeping the thread active and the links are there for all. :)

A Chinese guy....[sorry, I will get name and link asap]... posted a camera.apk replacement for TMV in the main F&C thread...which could be injected into ROM....

seemed to fix camera issue...??

Edit: that was iharrybao in this post..

Edited by irishpancake

Posted · Report post

A Chinese guy....[sorry, I will get name and link asap]... posted a camera.apk replacement for TMV in the main F&C thread...which could be injected into ROM....

seemed to fix camera issue...??

i think it was just the stock TMV camera.apk

Can I just ask what camera app is used in F&C 6.....

and would there be a downside in replacing this with the TMV's stock camera.apk on the TMV??

Edited by irishpancake

Posted · Report post

If this is the be-all and end-all complete fix for all Vivacity users then it can easily be built in to the kernel flashable zips.

Guys, raverrr has relented....new thread for TMV.....

Fair Play to him

Edited by irishpancake

I see our friend

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/

as I remember from my Blade days

has a "guide" for the SF II......no mention of unlocking, and of course, ROM version is outdated.

:edit....

Sorry, here's the unlock guide:

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/unlock-orange-san-francisco-ii/how-to-unlock-the-orange-san-francisco-ii-for-free/

Edited by irishpancake