• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Huawei Ascend G300

56 posts in this topic

Posted

So this is a version 7 processor and not version 6?

Tried looking it up on the Huawei site but nothing lists.

Is this a cut down telephone providers special then?

armv7

And i can imagine that one day it will be available unloked ;)

Posted

Huawei phones are usually unlocked pretty easily.

Posted

Huawei phones are usually unlocked pretty easily.

From a business point of view you would hope theyball saw what happened with the osf and try and stop the unlocking. However from my point of view I hope they've naively chucked this out with an easy unlock

Posted

So this is a version 7 processor and not version 6?

Tried looking it up on the Huawei site but nothing lists.

Is this a cut down telephone providers special then?

Vodafone have a three month exclusive on it.

Posted (edited)

Vodafone have a three month exclusive on it.

Now just need to work it if they do collect in store and if my store will have it, or if I should just order it on-line biggrin.gif

Edited by eLJay

Posted

Now just need to work it if they do collect in store and if my store will have it, or if I should just order it on-line biggrin.gif

Sebastian404 said the exact same thing on twitter

Posted

What do you think, will unlock be so complicated as on OMC, If I remember correctly it was not unlocked for half year or more?

Will they be any ristrictions on how many pieces can each customer buy? Will this only be online shopping or also can be bought in vodafone shops.

Thank you.

Posted

What do you think, will unlock be so complicated as on OMC, If I remember correctly it was not unlocked for half year or more?

Will they be any ristrictions on how many pieces can each customer buy? Will this only be online shopping or also can be bought in vodafone shops.

Thank you.

skate was unlocked within 2 to 3 month, it all depends on who buys the phone really and how well its supported by people who have the know how..

but with those specs at the price of 100 pound i'm sure it will be wink.gif

Posted

skate was unlocked within 2 to 3 month, it all depends on who buys the phone really and how well its supported by people who have the know how..

but with those specs at the price of 100 pound i'm sure it will be wink.gif

Not available on line yet, rumours are the first batch may be contract stock sold as pay as you go, so will be unlocked.

Posted

They're only available in store at the moment. Paul said on his twitter that he'll have a forum online by this afternoon...

Posted

good news. we can start to disscuss g300 in correct forum :)

Posted

Not available on line yet, rumours are the first batch may be contract stock sold as pay as you go, so will be unlocked.

if the first phones will be unlocked, will this help to find a proper unlock more quickly?

Posted (edited)

I'm so tempted to grab one of these, my girlfriend needs a new phone and she's on vodafone anyway, it won't be for me to play with... honest Just checked and they are bow available online

Edited by everett_psycho

Posted

thank you for both links :D

Posted (edited)

And as I got out of work too late to get to the Vodaphone shop... ah well, maybe I should wait until someone works out the unlock method.

Edited by eLJay

Posted

Posted

Posted

Got that 4" sweet spot of a screen.
I thought the Galaxy Note had the sweet spot just between phone and tablet :-). But on the price side it is just out of line.

I think it is the CPU and the memory that puts this phone way above for example the ZTE Skate. I am fed up with the ARMv6 CPU and constantly running out of space on data.

Posted

Why O Why did someone post this in the Skate forum, now I have a skate and a G300.biggrin.gif So far liking it, Orange better dump there san fran II at £90 and MC at £114. Although one draw back so far and may be a deal breaker for me the sound out of the rear speaker is so low it's almost useless well in fact it is useless. Ring tones are not bad but playing a movie on the skate i can sit back in my chair and hear it no problem but on the G300 you have to hold it to your ear. Will try and do a vid to show what i mean.

Posted

Just a FYI. Installed and ran ShadowGun in. Was a tad jerky in firefights but all in all ran quite well

Posted

That reminds me is this phone branded in any way, like with a stupid company logo on the case?