[2012 Nov 4th][ICS] BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0

Guest burstlam

Guest bezerra

I have no problem with the color in the videos in HQ, but hey, there's a new version 7.1.0 on the first page

I have no problems when i am watching youtube hq videos.

But on other apps, such as "Sapo Desporto" when i watch a video, the video appear with a green line on top and the colours are not correct

Guest judas1977

OK, i wasted the rest of my data plan just to download newest version at work, not wait to afternoon;). And what? Hmm... mms really seems to work, national data roaming option is back. Everything works as supposed to. Thanks Burstlam, you are my hero and my blade will be "home for this rom" for a while;).

Now i have everything i need. Blade is very reasonable choice for it's price. So long, Spica;).

Guest archish

Burstlam have a minor issue with wifi not connecting after the phone wakes from sleep. This issue has been there from many builds.

Switch on wifi and let the phone sleep. Wake up phone and the wifi is on but its not connected to any network. Switch off and on wifi to make it work again.

Edited by archish

Guest chraist

I've been running this rom now for som days and I must be dumb or somthing! Cause I can't find how to add the date in the statusbar when sliding it down. Some help?

Overall this rom is the best ICS rom today :-)

I've been running this rom now for som days and I must be dumb or somthing! Cause I can't find how to add the date in the statusbar when sliding it down. Some help?

Overall this rom is the best ICS rom today :-)

Same problem... I would bet that compete date appeared next to settings buttons, but now is gone and there's no way to activate/desactivate it.

Guest burstlam

Same problem... I would bet that compete date appeared next to settings buttons, but now is gone and there's no way to activate/desactivate it.

I have the date, but don't know how to enable it (it wasn't there from the beginning i think:) )

1. try manual setup the day and time.

2. by default, date and time display merged with weather panel. so u may better enable it and sync the service.

then if u are not using weather panel, just goto

ROMCONTROL > STATUSBAR > NOTIFICATION DRAWER LAYEROUT choose traditional layout then reboot if ui doesnot change after reboot.

Edited by burstlam

Guest chraist

1. try manual setup the day and time.

2. by default, date and time display merged with weather panel. so u may better enable it and sync the service.

then if u are not using weather panel, just goto

ROMCONTROL > STATUSBAR > NOTIFICATION DRAWER LAYEROUT choose traditional layout then reboot if ui doesnot change after reboot.

I've got it to work by doing what you said but I had to activate the weather widget/panel. But after a reboot the date is gone again. Back to scuare one ;-)

So the only way for me to have the date in the statusbar after a reboot is just to activate the weather widget/panel and just set the refresh interval to 0 minutes. Nothing else needed to be changed.

Thanks for your help burstlam! :-D

Edited by chraist

Guest Loren82

I will try this rom now, was your last CM10-AOKP is amazing how fast it is and how well it goes, I hope for the sake of all someday share your secrets on how to accelerate our Blades, at that level graph, each of you brings tremendous achievements, KonstaT, Sej, Ventura, Ganster ... not to mention many others. Great job!.

Guest thewild

Yes, excellent ROM, but I still have the problem that the GPS disconnects my data connections when first trying to catch the satellites. Very annoying.

It happends on all ICS and all JB rom for me (European Blade, Gen1 TPT to Gen2, OLED).

Still on GB just because of this... :(

Excellent work Burslam for this ROM. Almost stable ROM for everyday use and supper smooth. I could see below two issues with this ROM as well as Konstat's ICS ROM:

1. WIFI Battery drain issue --> Within 10 hours flat, battery drain happens from 100% to less than 10% battery, even you do not use phone for anything i.e. in sleep/standbuy mode and keep WIFI ON without doing any data access through WIFI. I have not overclocked the CPU. It is at 600 MHz only. CPU Governer is set to ondemand. Still if you just keep WIFI ON without accessing any data, severe battery drain. If you switch off WIFI, there is no battery drain.

2. Stock browser is not able to display some of the URLs like --> http://www.nse-india...watch.htm?cat=N. Not sure what the reason is. Browser go on trying to display URL contents but nothing comes on screen, just a white screen everytime. But browser is in a loop to refresh the URL. Same thing happens with Dolphin browser, but Opera Mini is able to display this URL withing few seconds. What could be the problem? Any solution for this browser issue other than using Opera Mini?

Looking forward for fixes for above two issues soon. Thanks Burstlam for your efforts.

Edited by anantk

Another wifi related bug... Wifi is always up whatever the suspension policy is selected... Added to the big wifi battery drain... Wifi must be off to save the Batt.

I am running this ROM on 256 RAM Blade. Phone Dialer, Contacts, SMS apps take time to launch (say 10 seconds). Is there a way to lock these apps in memory by creating local.prop file in /data?

If YES, can someone guide me, as I am not sure what the names of the exact apps for this ROM for Phone Dialer, Contacts, SMS apps to be put in "sys.keep_app_1" setting in local.prop file, if this ROM supports this feature.

I am running this ROM on 256 RAM Blade. Phone Dialer, Contacts, SMS apps take time to launch (say 10 seconds). Is there a way to lock these apps in memory by creating local.prop file in /data?

If YES, can someone guide me, as I am not sure what the names of the exact apps for this ROM for Phone Dialer, Contacts, SMS apps to be put in "sys.keep_app_1" setting in local.prop file, if this ROM supports this feature.

You might be better off creating a swap partition with CWM :/

Guest stefeman

Does hardware decoding work for videos? (I would like to watch the movies i have, but im unable to do it with other ICS roms because no hardware decoding support).

Guest Snap.IT

They will be swapped out of mem simply because you do not have enough of them. All apps and unchanged data are swapped right to where they are read from so separate swap partitions will do absolutely nothing if you're not editing large spreadsheets on your phone.

IOW, don't use JB on that phone, 512MB is too little and it's not made for anything less than 1GB even if you can get it to run on half of that you can't get it to run well on one quarter of what it's intended to run on.

Go with Mokee or Lezo, those are roms made for 256MB and they work much better.

Would you try windows 8 on a computer with less than a gig of memory?

You might be better off creating a swap partition with CWM :/

I am already using SWAP partition 128 MB created using CWM. But still Phone Dialer, Contacts, SMS apps take time to launch (say 10 seconds). Is this ROM supports to lock these apps in memory by creating local.prop file in /data?

I am already using SWAP partition 128 MB created using CWM. But still Phone Dialer, Contacts, SMS apps take time to launch (say 10 seconds). Is this ROM supports to lock these apps in memory by creating local.prop file in /data?

opening of diler/contacts and messaging with dely is very furstreating, at least in this rom it opens in about 2-3 seconds, mine SWAP partition is maximum :)

Guest aromano

I cannot for the life of me find the so called "A2SD : open with S2E , download caches automount with CM7 init.d script" spent the last hour searching on modaco and googling without success, could anyone point me in the right direction?

I've been using XeS0r's script for my JB ROMS, is that it?

Thanks.

Guest Pranav Jindal

big thanks to you for making ics possible on our blades.

I've few problems listed:

- The 480p video playback is little choppy, i mean a 24fps 480p video skips few frames and video looks like 20-21fps video (I've tried mx player and built in player)

- Apps like Airdroid do not detect hotspot created by wifi tethering apps, please help me out... (suggest me app that supports airdroid and all).

suggestions--

please add Apex launcher instead of Trebuchet, apex is just a perfect launcher for ICS.

please add option to add custom apps to the toggle buttons in notification bar.

thank you again.