Am I The First

Guest pinglis

Guest pinglis

Hi..took delivery of my orange tahiti today and first impressions are what a great little device. Good screen and fast to respond.

It would be even better if one of you more clever people could figure out how to root it for me if only to be able to use link2sd or something like it

I have tried superoneclick and universal androot neither worked

it is running on 3.2 with 2.6.35.11 kernal

thanks in advance and hopefully i have opened the floodgates...(I live in hope)

Guest pinglis

Good to hear you got ICS running on your Orange Tahiti.

Whats the device like?

hi ..so far i'm liking it really well

screen quality really good on both resolutions..viewing angles fine apps load and run very smoothly

only real downside is battery life but from fully charged it would be enough to watch a couple of good movies on say a train journey..just make sure a charger is on hand when you arrive ..lol

no phone capabilities but able to send text messages ...skype works well ...camera ok but as usual will never replace a stand alone one

all in all though I like it...just hope some dev can take it and tweak it a bit

Guest Gerry P

I have had my Tahiti for a couple of months and think its excellent, apart from the SMS function being disabled by Orange :(

One question though - there was supposed to be an ICS update for th Mediapas by "end of Q1", which im assuming is end of March, yet nothing offical from Huawei (for unlocked deviced).

Anyone got any news, Id gladly upgrade but Id like an official ROM download first (the one you used was an early release).

Guest pinglis

Hi not come across the official ICS yet but the one I'm have used is very stable and an excellent rom

strange that the sms function doesnt work on yours as mine did from day one even on the stock rom so I added the £5 unlimited text bundle

there is a bit more movement on this pad over at xda but I really hope this forum takes off.... well at least 3 of us now

Guest hecatae

Hi not come across the official ICS yet but the one I'm have used is very stable and an excellent rom

strange that the sms function doesnt work on yours as mine did from day one even on the stock rom so I added the £5 unlimited text bundle

there is a bit more movement on this pad over at xda but I really hope this forum takes off.... well at least 3 of us now

hm only 3.2 available here: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/technicaIndex.do?method=gotoProductSupport&productId=3779&tb=0

Guest Gerry P

Well, I bit the bullet and DL the ICS Rom from a link on xda developers. It appears to be very recent (the post was 17th April I think) - and has been made into a one step install, which gives superuser and root access as well!

Tablet performing excellently on this, and its a pleasure to have all the Huawei apps working (including some free nifty cloud storage and backup solutions), as well as text messaging..

Double bonus now that the stock Orange Rom has been uncovered so I can keep it in case of warranty issues.

Many thanks to all on this thread, very happy!

Gerry P

• 4 months later...
Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Just resurrecting this thread to say I just obtained an Orange Tahiti on contract @£10 per

and have installed HWMODs rom from XDA devs and also got unlocked. Very pleased

with it so far especially portability. Hopefully it can be updated to Jelly Bean sometime

in the future.

Oldbarzo

• 2 months later...

I put an ORANGE PAYG simcard into a normal mobile phone. Comes up as EE network and it works.

When I put ORANGE simcard PAYG into Orange Tahiti it automatically restarts in 7 seconds.

Data enabled ticked. Available networks Vodafone T Mobile Hutchinson 3G Orange 3G

Telefonica O2.

> Registering on Orange 3G

> Unable to connect to this network at this time.

From this info can I assume the slot can read the simcard.

BUT cannot decypher the ORANGE PAYG Simcard OR

The signal isnt strong enough for the Tahiti.

If you put any other Network PAYG simcard it simply comes up with

Unable to connect to this network at this time

So what needs to appear on the screen before I can unlock it. ???

Ciao Ringrazie

Yera pal

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Is your Orange Payasyougo card marked with 3G symbol, if not it will not work. I have a Virgin sim card and this works in the TTF Tahiti because Virgin piggyback on Orange network or should I say EE network.

Stransky