• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Huawei Ascend G300 unlock

204 posts in this topic

Posted

So its 20 quid to unlock with Vodafone. You don't need to be existing customer?

So phone 100? Mandatory topup? 10? Then unlock 20.

Still a good deal for 130!

If bumps is correct then when you buy it do a £20 top up don't use it and contact them for unlock as you will have more than £19.99 on phone so that would be £120 all in.

Posted

So its 20 quid to unlock with Vodafone. You don't need to be existing customer?

So phone 100? Mandatory topup? 10? Then unlock 20.

Still a good deal for 130!

nope u can topup just £15 so £125 in total (you need 25p for the call to them so adding just 10 more aint enough)

Posted

frankish is here too hmmmmmmm

What's that supposed to mean? :)

Posted

means all the people who were interested in the zte blade are now here - good news for development!

Posted

My Sister has a Vodafone contract, can I get her to phone up and get the g300 unlock for free?

Posted

worth a try

Posted

means all the people who were interested in the zte blade are now here - good news for development!

i can assure you alot of us not just from zte blade and skate forums are watching this closely.

Posted (edited)

My first try at an unlock site came back unsuccessful and not on their database. I am getting my fiver back. I think vodafone is the way ahead.

Edited by teacake

Posted

vodafone will sell you the unlock code. you need to have atleast £19.99 on your voda sim that u got with the phone. It's instant aswell they give u the code right away did it myself this afternoon

For info I have just contacted vodafone. They are emailing huwaei?. Does not seem to be instant for me but will see how long it takes. Instant would have been very nice. Maybe it is because it is the weekend?

Posted

maybe, yesterday i just told the guy the model then my imei and he read the unlock code to me a few sec later.

Posted (edited)

reposted in new post thanks

Edited by Patrick73

Posted

maybe, yesterday i just told the guy the model then my imei and he read the unlock code to me a few sec later.

That would have been spot on bumps. They are saying 3 working days unfortunately !.

Posted

why are some people saying the unlock is £15 and some £20? which one is it?

Posted

the unlock costs 19.99 but you start with £10 credit so you only need to top up another £15

Posted

Why 15? Would you not need just another 10?

Posted

the call to voda costs 25p so no :(

Posted

Ahh but do you have to call off the phone you want unlocking?

Posted

good point not sure the price from calling from other phones.

Posted

Would it not be better to get the shop to ring to unlock the phone? Then it wouldn't cost 25p and save £5 on a sim you might not be using!

Posted

Hi All.

I purchased my new Huawei Ascend G300 only yesterday and applied for a unlock code as I am on the 3 network.

I received my unlock code this morning via email and now I have an unlocked handset.

The code cost me around £16 from the address below.

No messing - it just works.

http://unlockphonenetwork.com/

Posted

unlock from £7.50 from a famous acution site ;)

Posted

It's defo worked from that eBay seller?

Posted

Has anyone start investigating how the phone is locked?

Is lock hidden in android or phone internal memory....?