Help needed mounting external sd

Guest CoolCheese

Guest CoolCheese

Just updated to the 0413 build of CM9 Nightly and for some reason the sd card no longer mounts.

Usually mounted/accessible on emmc or mnt/emmc but not anymore and it won't mount by tapping mount sd card in settings storage.

It's mounted just fine in CWM recovery and all my files are there but not in the rom for some reason.

Rolling back to the previous nightly build didn't fix it and I have a horrible suspicion restoring my backup won't either.

Anyone have any ideas? Not getting much help from the XDA thread so far.

GT-9100 CM9 using Tapatalk

Guest geko95gek

Just updated to the 0413 build of CM9 Nightly and for some reason the sd card no longer mounts.

Usually mounted/accessible on emmc or mnt/emmc but not anymore and it won't mount by tapping mount sd card in settings storage.

It's mounted just fine in CWM recovery and all my files are there but not in the rom for some reason.

Rolling back to the previous nightly build didn't fix it and I have a horrible suspicion restoring my backup won't either.

Anyone have any ideas? Not getting much help from the XDA thread so far.

You have to move everything off your SD card and then re-format it within the android system. Then it will work fine!

I'm having similar problems - SD card not recognised in recovery mode.

There's no option to format the card in the Storage section of Ice Cream Sandwich. Formatting via my PC didn't work either. How can I format the card in an "Android environment"?

Edited by V5er

Guest CoolCheese

Realised the same thing. No way to format external sd in settings/storage. As I still have access in recovery I figure I'll try a backup, factory reset and restore.

XDA thread moves too fast for anyone to pick up my issue and help so hopefully someone on modaco might have some ideas.

Have you tried checking mounts in recovery? There might also be an option to format in there. But take care its emmc/external sd rather than internal sd.

Edited by CoolCheese

Realised the same thing. No way to format external sd in settings/storage. As I still have access in recovery I figure I'll try a backup, factory reset and restore.

XDA thread moves too fast for anyone to pick up my issue and help so hopefully someone on modaco might have some ideas.

Have you tried checking mounts in recovery? There might also be an option to format in there. But take care its emmc/external sd rather than internal sd.

No I'm running a stock, unrooted version of ICS flashed via Odin. I'll root the phone and see if that helps.

Guest CoolCheese

Update: I tried something as simple as putting in another sd card and low and behold it works fine so I'm going to try copy everything and reformatting the 32gb before moving it back. Hopefully that should do it but it is strange that the card is recognised just fine on my laptop, cwm recovery etc but not on the rom.