• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Help needed mounting external sd

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just updated to the 0413 build of CM9 Nightly and for some reason the sd card no longer mounts.

Usually mounted/accessible on emmc or mnt/emmc but not anymore and it won't mount by tapping mount sd card in settings storage.

It's mounted just fine in CWM recovery and all my files are there but not in the rom for some reason.

Rolling back to the previous nightly build didn't fix it and I have a horrible suspicion restoring my backup won't either.

Anyone have any ideas? Not getting much help from the XDA thread so far.

GT-9100 CM9 using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Just updated to the 0413 build of CM9 Nightly and for some reason the sd card no longer mounts.

Usually mounted/accessible on emmc or mnt/emmc but not anymore and it won't mount by tapping mount sd card in settings storage.

It's mounted just fine in CWM recovery and all my files are there but not in the rom for some reason.

Rolling back to the previous nightly build didn't fix it and I have a horrible suspicion restoring my backup won't either.

Anyone have any ideas? Not getting much help from the XDA thread so far.

You have to move everything off your SD card and then re-format it within the android system. Then it will work fine!

Posted · Report post

Thanks Didn't think of that. Sounds sensible. Will give it a go but still wonder what caused it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm having similar problems - SD card not recognised in recovery mode.

There's no option to format the card in the Storage section of Ice Cream Sandwich. Formatting via my PC didn't work either. How can I format the card in an "Android environment"?

Edited by V5er

Posted (edited) · Report post

Realised the same thing. No way to format external sd in settings/storage. As I still have access in recovery I figure I'll try a backup, factory reset and restore.

XDA thread moves too fast for anyone to pick up my issue and help so hopefully someone on modaco might have some ideas.

Have you tried checking mounts in recovery? There might also be an option to format in there. But take care its emmc/external sd rather than internal sd.

Edited by CoolCheese

Posted · Report post

Realised the same thing. No way to format external sd in settings/storage. As I still have access in recovery I figure I'll try a backup, factory reset and restore.

XDA thread moves too fast for anyone to pick up my issue and help so hopefully someone on modaco might have some ideas.

Have you tried checking mounts in recovery? There might also be an option to format in there. But take care its emmc/external sd rather than internal sd.

No I'm running a stock, unrooted version of ICS flashed via Odin. I'll root the phone and see if that helps.

Posted · Report post

Update: I tried something as simple as putting in another sd card and low and behold it works fine so I'm going to try copy everything and reformatting the 32gb before moving it back. Hopefully that should do it but it is strange that the card is recognised just fine on my laptop, cwm recovery etc but not on the rom.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I'll try that. My solution was to install from internal memory in CWM.