• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Root Access for Vivacity

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

hey guys im not really sure if this is the right place to post this question but i am literally tearing my hair out in frustration. I need to use a program called link2sd on my Vivacity but cant figure out how to enable administrator privilages on my phone. i've stumbled across something called root access online and tried a program called ginger break but nothing seems to work. im new to the android community and perfectly happy with the stock os,if anyone can tell me how to get root access i will pay you. Neg

My email is [email protected]

Edited by negligentleman

Posted (edited)

Try Doomlord....

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=18805560

I rooted my Samsung gt-i8150 with this.....

Also, check out SOC [super one click] for rooting... from here.....link below.

http://shortfuse.org/

Or try this.....

http://www.unlockroot.com/index.htm

I take no responsibility whatsoever, and you should know that rooting your phone probably voids your warranty......

so don't do it if you care about that!!!!!!!

Edited by irishpancake

Posted

Try Doomlord....

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=18805560

I rooted my Samsung gt-i8150 with this.....

Also, check out SOC [super one click] for rooting... from here.....link below.

http://shortfuse.org/

Or try this.....

http://www.unlockroot.com/index.htm

I take no responsibility whatsoever, and you should know that rooting your phone probably voids your warranty......

so don't do it if you care about that!!!!!!!

Thanks mate its greatly appreciated :D

Posted

Thanks mate its greatly appreciated :D

It's just links man......perhaps one or the other will work....I don't know!!!

My Samsung GT-i8150 rooted OK with Doomlord....but manufacturers are plugging a lot of exploits, which is what the Devs use to root.....

What about another ROM, Custom ROM's are always rooted!!!

Perhaps, even the de-bloated/debranded ROM's...I am not sure, but someone here will know!!!

Posted

easiest way is to just get a custom rom on there, makes everything a lot better

Posted

easiest way is to just get a custom rom on there, makes everything a lot better

This!

Posted

This!

But...the man says he is happy with the stock ROM....just wants root.

I don't know if any of the suggestions I gave will work, coz I don't have the phone yet, but has anyone just simply rooted, without flashing a custom ROM??

Posted

Thanks for all the replies guys :D after a lot of research and thought i've realised that flashing a rom is definitely the right choice for me (man, phones are awesome now). although as this is my main phone (and im not willing to lose all my data either) im gonna buy a cheap android and learn the ins and outs on that one. And seriously, if theres anyone out there needs a donation to develop a microprocessor cooling system then let me know. im using a home customised hardcase with a cooling pad at the moment, doesn't look great but works. and what the hell is up with putting the processor right next to the camera in the first place? is it just my phone model or is this a common flaw in phones these days?

Posted

Thanks for all the replies guys :D after a lot of research and thought i've realised that flashing a rom is definitely the right choice for me (man, phones are awesome now). although as this is my main phone (and im not willing to lose all my data either) im gonna buy a cheap android and learn the ins and outs on that one. And seriously, if theres anyone out there needs a donation to develop a microprocessor cooling system then let me know. im using a home customised hardcase with a cooling pad at the moment, doesn't look great but works. and what the hell is up with putting the processor right next to the camera in the first place? is it just my phone model or is this a common flaw in phones these days?

Phones generally try to do too much and end up failing in some way.

Posted

Hi there again.....I was just going to post again....

as I did all the work on the wife's TMV last night....and this morning...about 02:30 finish....

I tried both Unlocked and the One Click solutions....both failed to Root!!!

However, I was sucessful, SIM unlocking by the guide posted...using QPST Backup and restore...

although restore failed....so stock ROM flashed temp....

Then flashed Recovery by Amphoras eeazzzy TPT.....

Fibblesan's 5.0.2.7....great mate....

Then flashed FNC RLS6....for TMV!!!!

Thanx again guys.....

everything works!!!!

[As much as I could check at 02:00]

.....more later.

But, you should not need to buy another phone....you can do this with your TMV!!!!

And I used Windoze 7 [64 bit] !!!

Will report more extensively....and contribute to the existing guides...maybe ask questions !!!