[GB] [CM7] [2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 28/06]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest fr0do

Your battery usage looks way too choppy ohmy.gif mine is usually a nice gradient when I use the phone and almost flat at standby, so that's something odd there in your case, as you've barely used the phone. And there was a setting to turn off WiFi when the screen is off. could be very useful for you.

Also I never let the battery drain so much. Apparently, the battery will have less charge/recharge cycles before it loses it's capacity to unacceptable levels if you deep discharge it. Trade off it, it loses capacity faster if high charge is held for a long time at high temps like for me. But you're in UK so shouldn't be an issue I guess.

k found that setting thanks. That is what happens all the time. I usually just leave wifi on. When I turn on and use the phone the battery life plummets.

I never deliberately let the battery discharge too much. Today was accidentally down to 12%. Still not too bad I think.

Guest BLu3HaZe

k found that setting thanks. That is what happens all the time. I usually just leave wifi on. When I turn on and use the phone the battery life plummets.

I never deliberately let the battery discharge too much. Today was accidentally down to 12%. Still not too bad I think.

No problem, hope that'd save your battery more than usual. As for sudden drop you see, that's probably cuz the battery has no way to measure its exact capacity but uses voltage to approximate the percentage.

Yup, just don't let it totally drain, ruined one phone real fast for me once

Guest fr0do

Battery life loads better today with those settings thanks. Seems like a different phone, not running anywhere near so hot. Auto screen brightness seems to have fixed itself, it's usable now. Camera and video both still working fine. Messing with all settings doesn't faze it either.

post-922633-133495826297_thumb.jpg

post-922633-133495828634_thumb.jpg

Finally found my old SE BT headset. Paired and can confirm the headset gets cut off with BT on the TMV. It has the paired icon still, but won't connect.

Edited by fr0do

Guest fr0do

Continually gobsmacked by CM

Just found the settings to set screen brightness and button backlight threshholds

screenshot-1335028480574.png

The light level in my room was, at that moment: 663 /601

--- So the screen brightness was 170 and the capacitive button backlight was set to 0.

I've since added more steps. The button backlight is either on or off, so if you set it to "1" they still turn on full. I've upped my screen brightness at minimum levels so my issues with it being too dim are gone.

I've also set my button backlight to off except in near darkness. The default was on up to 1000.

Nice one CM ;)

Edited by fr0do

Guest IronFarm

I'm loving this ROM but I'm also having a few problems on my San Francisco II.

Wifi doesn't function. It says it turns on but doesn't show any APs and turns itself off less than a minute later.

Camera force closes with the warning "Cannot connect to camera." The camera appears to work fine in Goggles.

Edit: Autobrightness also doesn't seem to work. It remains at max. brightness at all times.

(Could these problems be down to me restoring my data from an old ROM using Titanium Backup or not correctly clearing a cache when installing the ROM?)

The tilt sensor doesn't work properly but I've never had a ROM in which it does.

I've seen you requesting logcats and I'd be happy to provide them if you can explain how!

I've read all the posts in this thread so I hope I haven't missed anything relevant to me.

Hope this helps and thanks for your great work. It's much appreciated.

Edited by IronFarm

Guest Dazzozo

I'm loving this ROM but I'm also having a few problems on my San Francisco II.

Wifi doesn't function. It says it turns on but doesn't show any APs and turns itself off less than a minute later.

Camera force closes with the warning "Cannot connect to camera." The camera appears to work fine in Goggles.

Edit: Autobrightness also doesn't seem to work. It remains at max. brightness at all times.

(Could these problems be down to me restoring my data from an old ROM using Titanium Backup or not correctly clearing a cache when installing the ROM?)

The tilt sensor doesn't work properly but I've never had a ROM in which it does.

I've seen you requesting logcats and I'd be happy to provide them if you can explain how!

I've read all the posts in this thread so I hope I haven't missed anything relevant to me.

Hope this helps and thanks for your great work. It's much appreciated.

No wipe no whine. :P Clear everything, especially as these ROMs are AOSP and not modified stock.

Guest stokietom

What's the best ROM to go for?

I was getting an awful battery drain in CM9, so I suppose it is a toss up between CM7 and Fish n Chips.

Guest Dazzozo

What's the best ROM to go for?

I was getting an awful battery drain in CM9, so I suppose it is a toss up between CM7 and Fish n Chips.

There is no "best" as it's subjective. I have best battery life on CM9 so I use that as I want ICS.

Guest BLu3HaZe

I'm also using a SFII and got a few issues, yes, but none of the ones you pointed out. WiFi and Bluetooth work ok, just that tethering gives an error in CM7 at the moment. Works in CM9 though. Only thing, to turn on BT, you need to turn WiFi on first and keep it like that.

Camera will have issues if you change the scene settings and not open anymore. Happened to me once but a factory reset solved that and I'm not touching that for now. All other camera options work except a few filters which do nothing.

Auto brightness is a bit slow, but works well. As for you restoring, may be so. Then again, you could clean everything and do a clean flash and see. I keep 3 separate SD's with nandroid backups for Seb's debranded GB, Daz CM9 and 7 :)

Tilt sensor works properly too, in all ROMs I've had. Only that in this (CM7) it won't change from one landscape position to complete opposite, that is it won't flip the screen, if you don't take it through normal right way up orientation first.

Guest fr0do

Hmm weird, my screen flips 180 no problem. Still my permanent rom. Camera closes shortly after opening it, but I'm not missing it. Thinking I should give CM9 a punt.

Guest domenico lamberti

my battery life has steadily gotten worse over time since using this rom, so bad as to say that i take it off the charger at 7am and by my first break at college at 10:30 its down to about 70 odd percent after doing not much more than brief texting

Guest Dazzozo

my battery life has steadily gotten worse over time since using this rom, so bad as to say that i take it off the charger at 7am and by my first break at college at 10:30 its down to about 70 odd percent after doing not much more than brief texting

Interesting, what do your battery stats say?

Guest AmbushReality

Whats the easiest way to install CMW on this ROM, as there is no Install Update option on the menu and Vol+/Power does Nothing. Cheers :-)

Edited by AmbushReality

Guest gabriwinter

New build live.

Hi, I've been using this ROM for the last months and it has worked great for me, so to my question ¿what is new in the build? Thanks

Guest Dazzozo

Hi, I've been using this ROM for the last months and it has worked great for me, so to my question ¿what is new in the build? Thanks

EGL libs (better performance)

A month of various CM 7.2 changes upstream

Multitouch issue with some apps fixed

Guest Josef Prusa

Installed today on my TMV. Worked great, no unexpected problem there. The front camera was disabled as expected. Had to return to F'N'C though, since no CM7 ROM can run the few 3D games I like (NFS Shift for example) while F'N'C runs them just fine. But this is not a problem with this particular ROM - it is something with the Cyanogen as there was the same problem on my previous phone - the Blade.

Anyway - thanks for your hard work, Dazz!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Always look at the third post in this thread, it will have the data of each update along with a changelog.

06/05/2012 - R1

Fixed multitouch

Added new EGL libs for better performance

A month has passed - plenty of improvements in upstream CM 7.2

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest gabriwinter

proximity sensor not working on call?

I noticed that when the call ends screen is still off, and if I want to end the call I need to turn the screen on.