[GB] [CM7] [2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 28/06]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest raverrr

Raverrr..any chance of getting this pinned at the top so it doesn't disappear? To be honest, I would think all the roms should be up there anyways cos they'll be the most popular threads

One step ahead of you phych. I've been meaning to for a while.

|||PINNED|||

Guest Dazzozo

Bluetooth broken logcat when active it: http://pastebin.com/YAVuMFyV (if this can help)

On desactivate airplane mode, strange code request: "SIM network unlock PIN" (Phone not locked)

The Bluetooth issue is as if you don't have the new build installed. This SIM message popped up a while back and I'm not sure what caused it. If coming out of airplane mode causes it 100% I can look in to it.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Not meaning to be awkward or anything but on the 'What's working/what's not working' post the camcorder in both lists, I know it works but it may confuse some people.

Reflashing this ROM tonight ready for the gig on Saturday, I somehow doubt CM9 will survive a full day of taking photos and videos.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

The phone managed to survive from 8am till 11:30pm until it finally lost it's fight and died, not bad considering it went through every usage during the day. It's now been unplugged and used for 27 hours with a whopping 44% battery left. I don't even know how it's coping.

Great.

Guest BLu3HaZe

That's CM7 for you :] And the reason I don't stay more than a few hours in CM9 when a new build comes, just to check it out

Guest MadEye Moody

@Daz

Anything new coming to the CM7 build? I am considering moving to this ROM from your CM9 now that we know have lost hope of getting openmax interfacing for ICS.

Is it worth it except for battery life, I mean are there significant improvements in video playback with CM7? I really like the CM9

Guest Dazzozo

There's not much more to bring to it. For the next build I plan to tidy up the props a bit, and bring it more in line with the structure of the ics branch of my repo.

If front camera gets fixed it will be CM7 that gets it first. It is the easier base for sorting out hardware as proven with BT. I'm a bit busy for about a week, though.

Guest MadEye Moody

There's not much more to bring to it. For the next build I plan to tidy up the props a bit, and bring it more in line with the structure of the ics branch of my repo.

If front camera gets fixed it will be CM7 that gets it first. It is the easier base for sorting out hardware as proven with BT. I'm a bit busy for about a week, though.

I will do a backup and install this....

Guest relaxpn

First of all - Hello :)

I bought my first Android like 1 month ago but I didn't really like the pre-installed ROM it came with. So I decided to try this one and f'n'c7.

First I istalled fnc7, but to be honest, I don't really like it. Then I tried your ROM, and it's really fantastic. There are tons of customizations and options. The phone became like 3 times more functional. But there is one thing which is killing me, and it's only with this ROM - the display is requires too much battery.

Let me explain, at least try to. When the phone is idle and I don't do anything on it, the battery % drops maybe 1-2 in few hours (it acts like any other ROM when in idle). But as soon as I turn it on to check my messages or simply do something it drains like 20% in 5 minutes. It barely survives 1 day while the display is on for only 30 mins.

I thought I did something wrong during the flashing process, but on the stock rom and f'n'c7 I can use my phone for 2 days without any problem. The battery doesn't drop so fast when the display is on (same display settings as cm7, brightness set to minimum and 30 sec screen timeout) and it maybe uses 15-20% of battery life compared to 70-80% on cm7.

I tried re-flashing it, but it didn't help. Any suggestion?

Oh, almost forgot to mention, the phone is TMV, TT+ or ZTE atlas w :)

Edited by relaxpn

Guest BLu3HaZe
I always got horrible battery life with CM9, from first release I had for a few days to the last release even.

Daz - Remember you suggested me to try CM7 and see then? Been using the same ROM I flashed back then, your R0, very stable and awesome battery life even with OC. And HW video decoding works, and strangely, even looks better now to me than ICS

Got it wrong, CM7 gives awesome battery life for me too.

Btw, do note that either stock/stock based ROMs or AOSP ROMs have a difference in calculating battery power used. One is lying and giving a wrong output, but dunno which.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest EmmanuelDESVIGNE

I upgrade my phone to the CM7 28/06/2012-R4 version, and now, I have a bug (I didn't have before).

If I activate the GPS, it works. But after, if I disable it, it don't stop (and the battery drains). The only solution is to reboot the phone to unactivate the GPS.

Have you got an idea about this problem ?

Thanks for your help and for th whole of your job.

E. D.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Quick question;

Before I started to use A2SD my phones battery was incredible even with wifi turned on. Now, I have over 90 apps on my phone, so obviously some of them are draining my battery (By the looks of it ). My phone will survive well but as soon as my WIFI is connected it will drop from 60% to 15% in under 30 minutes.

How can I check what's causing this drain? It's rather annoying.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Quick question;

Before I started to use A2SD my phones battery was incredible even with wifi turned on. Now, I have over 90 apps on my phone, so obviously some of them are draining my battery (By the looks of it ). My phone will survive well but as soon as my WIFI is connected it will drop from 60% to 15% in under 30 minutes.

How can I check what's causing this drain? It's rather annoying.

Install Better Battery Stats on your phone, that will tell you what process are causing your phone to wake and how long each one is waking the phone for so you can see the worst culprits. Quite a lot of the time you'll see it's actually Google processes themselves. i.e. Google Talk seems to be a bad culprit for it, so if you don't use it, I would advise removing it with Titanium.

There's a terminal command you can also use which I used before but can't remember which gives you a lot more info, I'll post it here when I find it again.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Thanks a bunch, I've had that app installed from the XDA thread for ages but I've never really used it, never really had to. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Whilst I'm here, do you know where I can find a Touchwiz GO SMS theme? Can't find nothing via Google.