• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[GB] [CM7] [2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 28/06]

252 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wich app2Sd script should i use for app2sd gui ? Found on the first page

Do I have to wipe my sd card in order to add an EXT3 Partition ?

Wich tool is best for adding it Gparted on linux mint (Ubuntu) ?

I don't need Clockwork mod to install this rom, do I ?

Edited by gbosh

Yup, the one on first page is the DT script. Note that it doesn't "show" the extra memory as in the screenshot I attached earlier, it just works transparently in the back.

Using a card reader, I believe it's possible to resize the first partition and create the EXT partition using gparted. Then format the sd-ext in CWM just to be sure.

If you use CWM to partition the card, it will erase the whole card and offer a fixed set of ext sizes.

Edit - You do need ClockWorkMod (CWM), think its mentioned in the OP?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Posted · Report post

Yes, should be. Vivacity?

Posted · Report post

Atlas W, should be the same as vivacity

Wow flashing this was so much easier than I thought. Clockworkmod is so awesome, so much better than how i had to flash my Nokia 5800, wich I always had to flash via PC.

Really great rom, it's so fast and looks so awesome, and if the battery life really is better than stock, this rom is perfect

Edited by gbosh

Posted · Report post

Is there a "double boot" for me only? Interesting.... :unsure:

I disable all sevices, BT, Wlan, Camera, Radio interface.. etc, but the f..ing AlarmManager does not function properly.... :angry2:

Posted · Report post

Would TPT do you use with this ROM? My wife has the FnC but struggles with not enough space on standard TPT. I tried for her CM9 but she didn't like it (to many FC supposedly and slower) I am looking to use CM7 but not to sure whether to keep stock TPT or change it. It is all the bloody FB which is sooo big now.

please let me know your views.

Posted · Report post

Would TPT do you use with this ROM? My wife has the FnC but struggles with not enough space on standard TPT. I tried for her CM9 but she didn't like it (to many FC supposedly and slower) I am looking to use CM7 but not to sure whether to keep stock TPT or change it. It is all the bloody FB which is sooo big now.

please let me know your views.

My CM7 Uses about 110MB system :P

Posted · Report post

only thing stopping me moving to this rom is the front camera issues....any chance of a pssible fix?

Posted · Report post

What do you use the front cam for? :) I was keeping hope on Skype, but the processor is inadequate.

As for a fix, I recall Daz mentioning it'd probably be GB which should get it first, if at all.

Posted · Report post

Video chat when away!!

Posted · Report post

Through what?

Posted · Report post

Sure it can't be used for that..... Ever!

Sure it can't be used for that..... Ever!

Technically it could according one person I asked who's knowledgeable in this stuff, but it's way too much work even for many devs and not worth it, as Crescent isn't very popular nor are there many (if any except Chinese knockoffs) armv6 phones with front cams, to dedicate that much time.

Solution - Get a supported device :) Got myself an iPod

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Posted · Report post

My mate was telling me the same. Facetime or somesuch

Posted · Report post

Through what?

the modded skye app on xda...

Posted · Report post

My mate was telling me the same. Facetime or somesuch

Yup, FaceTime between iOS devices and Skype mainly for everything else, quality is good too so gets the job done well without many recharges in between too.

the modded skye app on xda...

You got an app that works? Post up! The ones I checked last when with stock and debranded didn't work so never bothered after that.

Posted · Report post

Just nip over to xda and do a search..

Posted · Report post

Just nip over to xda and do a search..

From what I read video calling does not work on armv6 it just crashes on sign in

Posted · Report post

From what I read video calling does not work on armv6 it just crashes on sign in

It did crash on trying to make or receive a video call for me earlier, voice calls worked through the hacked app too.

@lohtse - Which one? There are many versions

Posted · Report post

What ever happened to CrescentParts? I never seem to get it after installing anymore, so I can't calibrate the sensor

Posted · Report post

Inside Settings --> Device Settings?