[GB] [CM7] [2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 28/06]

Guest Dazzozo

Wich app2Sd script should i use for app2sd gui ? Found on the first page

Do I have to wipe my sd card in order to add an EXT3 Partition ?

Wich tool is best for adding it Gparted on linux mint (Ubuntu) ?

I don't need Clockwork mod to install this rom, do I ?

Edited by gbosh

Guest BLu3HaZe

Yup, the one on first page is the DT script. Note that it doesn't "show" the extra memory as in the screenshot I attached earlier, it just works transparently in the back.

Using a card reader, I believe it's possible to resize the first partition and create the EXT partition using gparted. Then format the sd-ext in CWM just to be sure.

If you use CWM to partition the card, it will erase the whole card and offer a fixed set of ext sizes.

Edit - You do need ClockWorkMod (CWM), think its mentioned in the OP?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Wow flashing this was so much easier than I thought. Clockworkmod is so awesome, so much better than how i had to flash my Nokia 5800, wich I always had to flash via PC.

Really great rom, it's so fast and looks so awesome, and if the battery life really is better than stock, this rom is perfect

Edited by gbosh

Guest Keeper-ZTE

Is there a "double boot" for me only? Interesting.... :unsure:

I disable all sevices, BT, Wlan, Camera, Radio interface.. etc, but the f..ing AlarmManager does not function properly.... :angry2:

Would TPT do you use with this ROM? My wife has the FnC but struggles with not enough space on standard TPT. I tried for her CM9 but she didn't like it (to many FC supposedly and slower) I am looking to use CM7 but not to sure whether to keep stock TPT or change it. It is all the bloody FB which is sooo big now.

please let me know your views.

Guest AmbushReality
Would TPT do you use with this ROM? My wife has the FnC but struggles with not enough space on standard TPT. I tried for her CM9 but she didn't like it (to many FC supposedly and slower) I am looking to use CM7 but not to sure whether to keep stock TPT or change it. It is all the bloody FB which is sooo big now.

please let me know your views.

My CM7 Uses about 110MB system :P

Guest BLu3HaZe

What do you use the front cam for? :) I was keeping hope on Skype, but the processor is inadequate.

As for a fix, I recall Daz mentioning it'd probably be GB which should get it first, if at all.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Sure it can't be used for that..... Ever!

Technically it could according one person I asked who's knowledgeable in this stuff, but it's way too much work even for many devs and not worth it, as Crescent isn't very popular nor are there many (if any except Chinese knockoffs) armv6 phones with front cams, to dedicate that much time.

Solution - Get a supported device :) Got myself an iPod

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest BLu3HaZe

My mate was telling me the same. Facetime or somesuch

Yup, FaceTime between iOS devices and Skype mainly for everything else, quality is good too so gets the job done well without many recharges in between too.

the modded skye app on xda...

You got an app that works? Post up! The ones I checked last when with stock and debranded didn't work so never bothered after that.

Guest BLu3HaZe

From what I read video calling does not work on armv6 it just crashes on sign in

It did crash on trying to make or receive a video call for me earlier, voice calls worked through the hacked app too.

@lohtse - Which one? There are many versions