Frankish

Discount?

9 posts in this topic

Is there any possible way to get this phone even cheaper? I know someone who works in a Voda store, wonder if he gets discount on pay as you go too? Was also wondering if there is a way to avoid paying mandatory topup? As you can tell I'm a cheapskate...

Also I feel sometimes my threads are just like my own thoughts spilling out by accident? Oh well! Discuss?

IIRC you can avoid the top up by buying online.

Is there any possible way to get this phone even cheaper? I know someone who works in a Voda store, wonder if he gets discount on pay as you go too? Was also wondering if there is a way to avoid paying mandatory topup? As you can tell I'm a cheapskate...

Also I feel sometimes my threads are just like my own thoughts spilling out by accident? Oh well! Discuss?

If your already on Vodafone you don't need to buy the topup.

I have a Vodafone PAYG SIM card I haven't used in 2+ years. Does that count? Or does it have to have been used regularly and recently?

regularly topped up in the last 6months should do it for voda...i think :unsure:

I just popped into Vodafone and picked one up for £100 today, I said to the bloke if I new someone with a Vodafone sim would I be able to get it for £100, he said i could go to the shop and buy a £1 vodafone sim and they will do it for £100, I said don't have need to have the sim registered for a while and he said no, but he then said we can give it to you for £100 without out the sim. :) so I bought it :)

Edited by feckineejit

That's good so just under 108 pound for this phoned it unlocked. Bargainous.

I just popped into Vodafone and picked one up for £100 today, I said to the bloke if I new someone with a Vodafone sim would I be able to get it for £100, he said i could go to the shop and buy a £1 vodafone sim and they will do it for £100, I said don't have need to have the sim registered for a while and he said no, but he then said we can give it to you for £100 without out the sim. :) so I bought it :)

I think that was just luck

Just got one for 100. said I had a sim at home, and was waiting for my credit to run out before switching as I was getting bad reception on my current provider. He gave me a sim but no top up required. I said phones locked to vodafone anyway so can't use it with another provider, just for added effect, authenticity and naivety lol. Now just to research a free unlock.