• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

How to root your Huawei Ascend G300 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

329 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi

Having trouble rooting. Follow all the steps without any problems but superuser isnt showing. Im thinking maybe driver issue?

Cd drive mobile partner opens when usb connected.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Really new to this, have not used forums before but could use some advice. Did everything as instructed, didnt get a prompt to recovery mode,had to pull the battery booted into recovery got dos screen restarted found the superuser icon, opened that no apps present,if it is rooted how do I remove the vodafone rubbish.

You need a app like titanium backup. Superuser is just a program that lets you control what gets root privilege. It does nothing else

Posted · Report post

Tried unlock bootloader and now phone doesn't boot. Huawei logo keeps blinking and phone vibrates. What to do?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks guys. G300+gingerbread rooted. I think what's key here is that you have working USB drivers BEFORE you try the update.

I am now playing with tasker's dpad function - lets you move the cursor around apps and press buttons...automatically. This could be dangerous;-)

PS. If you want to see what install-superrecovery-windows.bat does stick a pause at the end. IE

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.superrecovery.img

echo Now reboot to recovery to root your device (pull battery, then hold volume up and press power).

pause

Edited by Mobilerab

Posted · Report post

Looking to root my phone but on osx. Any mac users managed to root their phones and if so was it straight forward. Also phone is on B885 should i update that first? Never rooted before, jaibreaking is so much easier :) so any help appreciated.

Posted · Report post

best doing it on win 7 for best results

Posted · Report post

Could use my daughters laptop I suppose but rather use my MacBook doesn't the root work in osx or is it unreliable?

Posted · Report post

get it done easier on win 7 okay

Posted · Report post

get it done easier on win 7 okay

Thanks rooted with my daughters laptop with win7 working a treat thanks for your help

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

because I am newbie in the android world I have one stupid question ... I successfully root the phone according mentioned procedure (firmware U8815V100R001C02B892). Now I want to update to B895, but it doesn't work.

The thing is that I deleted LiveWallpapers app and update now says:

Checking patch file ...

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk")

Error in /sdcard/Download/update.zip

(Status 7)

Do I have to re-flash original ROM or the factory reset could help ?

Thanks for any idea.

Nowass

Posted · Report post

I did exactly as mentioned above, but stil in root explorer I get the error:root acces failed (segmentation fault)I tried to fix the error but could not because superuser needs root acces to update the binary.Advice please.

Posted · Report post

use pauls root .

use pauls root .

I tried too many ways to remember which one is Paul's one....Rootg300.exe,UnlockRoot_downloader_by_UnlockRoot,Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v11,b926-root-bl,and I have cwmrecovery used to flash b924.Still no root acces same error as mentioned above...??????????

oh and also the superrecovery method.same effect.no root acces...

Edited by shadywest

Posted · Report post

please read pinned topics and you will get their ,dont try anything till you are ready to do so.

Posted · Report post

please read pinned topics and you will get their ,dont try anything till you are ready to do so.

Im getting very frustrated since I have been reading them for the last 7 days and still stuck.So please help me Il provide any info needed

Posted · Report post

are you shure its a g300 mobile.

Posted · Report post

are you shure its a g300 mobile.

huawei u8815,2030 baseband,b934,bought it from vodafone one week ago...

ah thats better b934 not b924 you had. use the unlockbootloader to root .and unock the bootloader . then use clockworkmod okay.

Edited by wrtease

Posted · Report post

ah thats better b934 not b924 you had. use the unlockbootloader to root .and unock the bootloader . then use clockworkmod okay.

Did it.No effect.Noticed that during the root proccess a "No space left on the device" an then the window just closed.I mention I have almost nothing on the internal storage

Posted · Report post

well maybe someone will also help you .dont understand why you have problems.

Posted · Report post

well maybe someone will also help you .dont understand why you have problems.

:) thanks

Posted · Report post

and how to get rid of the android system recovery 3e? i would like to flash cwm, but trough adb does not work. any ideas?

Posted · Report post

in the recovery you have just install clockworkmod zip ,with update zip method.that will work