How to root your Huawei Ascend G300 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest EviL FazZ

Can I ask efix_LT or palec69 to please explain what you did to root your B927's as I'm stuck using the default batch.

Edit: No worries, sorted it all out... working great with iCS 4.0.3 :D

Edited by EviL FazZ

how to root B927. Installed it, and it's giving me error

writing recovery: (5074KB) ... OKAY

Writing recovery ... FAILED (remote: command not allowed)

I'm on W7 X64. How to root?

Edited by grox

Guest Hogweed

how to root B927. Installed it, and it's giving me error

writing recovery: (5074KB) ... OKAY

Writing recovery ... FAILED (remote: command not allowed)

I'm on W7 X64. How to root?

Follow the instructions for B926 (same as for B927) here http://www.modaco.co...l-ics-403-b926/

You need unlockbootloader.exe for ICS

Edited by Hogweed

Guest pelago

Can someone (Paul?) change the first post to make it clear that it only covers Gingerbread. Or even better, add text for ICS too.

Guest saltorocks

Hi there! I'm a Mac user having trouble rooting this phone. I'm new in technology stuff, so I found the mac instructions a little bit tricky for basic users. I mean, I barely touch Terminal, so it would be cool if anybody could explain me how to make this work. I managed to set the phone in the "bootloader" mode, I connected it to my mac, but then I didn't knew what to do. Once I opened the "install-superrecovery-mac.sh" file with terminal, but after rebooting the phone, everything was aparently normal. I checked if the root was complete, and it wasn't. Could anybody help me? (Sorry for these dumb questions, and thank you) :)

Guest Titas

Just want to say that although I am an experienced user, I find all to be too cryptic. From where do I get Win7 drivers? My device is not recognized in device manager. On Huawei site there is no software for g300.

Everybody gives short and undocumented answers.

Could someone post a step-by-step guide?

Something like:

1.You have to disable fastboot (A: Go to Settings/Applications)

2.You have to tick USB debugging mode (A: Settings/Applications/Development)

3.You have to install drivers from ??? (A: Go to http://flibblesan.co...t_WinDriver.exe)

Or you can find them on the CD drive that your phone creates when you connect to your PC. So it creates 3 drives, one CD and 2 drives.

4. ????

N.What you should do after rooting: uninstall vodafone crap, and what else?

Thanks guys.

Also it should be made clear that you can skip rooting and install ROM B888 made by Paul. Also lacking of clear instructions how to do that.

Firstly, thanks to Paul for providing (potentially) a fairly straightforward method. However, I couldn't agree more with the comments above. I too am fairly experienced but it took me several hours of reading/piecing together info from posts & installing the various drivers suggested on a trial & error basis before realising I needed to disable fastboot & enable USB debugging. It was a bit frustrating cos it should/could be a lot easier & I imagine newbie's must be alarmed by what is referred to as a "ridiculously easy" procedure. Yes, it could be, if the OP included all the necessary info as suggested above. Btw thanks to "putbinoot" for breaking down some of the steps (post #10)

Guest robtyketto

Hi,

I rooted my phone with B885 installed, all was good. Then I installed official B892 from the online upgrades and plugged the phone in and appeared to have lost root access, as couldn't browse all the files when plugging my phone into the PC and using Android commander it stated I didn't have root access. SuperSu app was left on the phone.

I then followed the same steps as I did to originally root the phone ensuring I'd disabled fastboot & enabled USB debugging, put a pause statement in the batch script which suggested all commands were executed OK. However it's not rooted, I cleared everything back factory settings, repeated and still don't have root access.

Not sure where I'm going wrong, I remember the first time I rooted phone in recovery mode and rebooted there was lot's of text suggesting it was doing something I don't see this now.

Anyone got any tips?

Thanks

Rob

Guest insplat

I had b888 atomic installed upgraded to ics b2030 4.0.3 kernel 3.0.8 but lost root. When I try to rooy again I get the following error

< waiting for device >

sending 'recovery' (5074 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

./install-superrecovery-mac.sh: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `('

./install-superrecovery-mac.sh: line 3: `echo Now reboot to recovery to root your device (pull battery, then hold volume up and press power).'

Cheers for any help for newbie ta

Guest insplat

Also when I had GB on it the sound on calls was really crap could hardly hear the other person. I saw some posts about it being a bug and thought an update to 4 would help would it's the same I have to select speaker phone to hear the caller anyone with the same problem ?

Guest Alexius321

I had b888 atomic installed upgraded to ics b2030 4.0.3 kernel 3.0.8 but lost root. When I try to rooy again I get the following error

< waiting for device >

sending 'recovery' (5074 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

./install-superrecovery-mac.sh: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `('

./install-superrecovery-mac.sh: line 3: `echo Now reboot to recovery to root your device (pull battery, then hold volume up and press power).'

Cheers for any help for newbie ta

i've got the same error, basically the same case... i've done some searching so far with no results... anybody can help please?

EDIT1: Tried this guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iis5GoA8_8YcCkqS0cLT3c6Ckli9XmnG_Kq10K_-aeM/edit?pli=1) no change at all :(

Edited by Alexius321

Guest robtyketto

Can anyone help in my situation where following the rooted guide on an updated B892 doesn't work?

I don't know how to find out exactly wha't going wrong as when running the windows batch script to root it, two lines are executed and they say "OK" what else can I do to find out exactly why it looks like it's been rooted but really hasnt?

Gone from B885 to B892 and have SuperSu installed but no root access.

Thanks

Guest JokerNJ

This post is maybe from the Department of the Obvious for most users - but anyone using Windows XP to run Paul's batch file, make sure that ActiveSync is installed.

It was cracking me up yesterday, I couldn't get the phone to connect in order to run the batch file.

So for XP users:

• Download and install ADB drivers
  • With the handset switched on and not connected, go to Settings > Development and make sure USB debugging is switched on.
  • Also in Development settings, make sure Fastboot is off.
  • Connect the handset to your PC with USB cable.
  • Go to My Computer, you will see 3x extra hard drives. One will be called 'ISO'. Open it.
  • In the ISO drive is a folder for drivers and a shortcut to download ActiveSync from Microsoft.
  • Install the USB drivers and download and install ActiveSync.
  • Restart your PC if advised to.
  • Follow Paul's instructions on the first post in this thread.

I'm not sure why you would need ActiveSync at all... I have certainly never installed it and can run the .bat files and root fine without it.

Guest irishpancake

This post is maybe from the Department of the Obvious for most users - but anyone using Windows XP to run Paul's batch file, make sure that ActiveSync is installed.

It was cracking me up yesterday, I couldn't get the phone to connect in order to run the batch file.

So for XP users:

• Download and install ADB drivers
  • With the handset switched on and not connected, go to Settings > Development and make sure USB debugging is switched on.
  • Also in Development settings, make sure Fastboot is off.
  • Connect the handset to your PC with USB cable.
  • Go to My Computer, you will see 3x extra hard drives. One will be called 'ISO'. Open it.
  • In the ISO drive is a folder for drivers and a shortcut to download ActiveSync from Microsoft.
  • Install the USB drivers and download and install ActiveSync.
  • Restart your PC if advised to.
  • Follow Paul's instructions on the first post in this thread.

Just for clarity, on my Ascend G300, the "Fast boot" option is not in Settings/Applications/Development........

it actually lives in the Settings/Applications Menu, and there is a "check box" there to enable/disable....

"Fast boot" should be unchecked for this procedure!!!! [to be able to get to Bootloader]

And, in case anyone is confused, this Huawei "Fast boot" option has absolutely nuffing to do with ADB fastboot, which Paul uses to flash recovery.superrecovery.img to our phone via that batch file in Windows..........this is all there is:

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.superrecovery.img

echo Now reboot to recovery to root your device (pull battery, then hold volume up and press power).

Of course, the batch file is in this folder in Windows, which contains adb, fastboot, etc

Root%20environment.JPG

Edited by irishpancake

Guest umangu2000

Hi,

Sorry for being a bbob but I did what is written and thought things worked as they were supposed to be ... But think my device was not rooted ...

How do I check if it indeed is the case & in case it's not rooted actually then what do I do to root it?4

Thanks in advance ...

cheers

Guest servalan

Got my G300 today. Thanks very much for this root :)

Hi,

Sorry for being a bbob but I did what is written and thought things worked as they were supposed to be ... But think my device was not rooted ...

How do I check if it indeed is the case & in case it's not rooted actually then what do I do to root it?4

Thanks in advance ...

cheers

Install Root Checker app from Play store.

Edited by servalan

Guest umangu2000

Yey.... tried the entire thing again & it worked .... thanks Paul .... And thanks MoDaCo Ad Free your "For Boobs" instructions couldn't have been better

Guest Stribog

I have problem with getting into bootloader mode :/ As it was said, I unchecked "fast boot" and checked "usb debugging" - still my phone stays on huawei logo for about 10 sec. and then boot normally. Did I missed some step?

Guest Hogweed

Uncheck fastboot if it is on. Also make sure you continue to hold the volume button for several seconds after the phone powers on or it will boot normally.

Guest Hogweed

hey guys im having problems with root on my g300 running icecream sand is there a way to root tried pauls with no success

You need unlockbootloader.exe for ICS ROMs

These instructions are only for GB ROMs. There should be a bolded message about that at the start of this thread. Despite repeated requests for one there isn't though. Follow the instructions here to root ICS ROMs http://www.modaco.co...l-ics-403-b926/

Edited by Hogweed