Vodafone Online Orders problems/update

Guest BillBong

Guest BillBong

I ordered one of these on Friday evening and got the acknowledgement email/text saying I'd get another update once it's gone out. Still hadn't heard anything as of this morning (Tuesday) although I did get a verification call from my credit card company to authorise it as a valid transaction so I know it went through security.

I've just got off the phone with Vodafone and was told that the order had been rejected - apparently there's a problem with order fulfillment and it's now being passed over to another team who will be contacting all customers by phone within 72 hours of the original order date. She couldn't confirm if the order would be fulfilled but advised not to re-order it but to wait until they contact me.

Guest MrPuddington
I've just got off the phone with Vodafone and was told that the order had been rejected - apparently there's a problem with order fulfillment and it's now being passed over to another team who will be contacting all customers by phone within 72 hours of the original order date.
"We will call you yesterday." Somehow that does not inspire confidence :-)

Did anybody see it at Morrisons? Our local shop did not have it.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I ordered one of these on Friday evening and got the acknowledgement email/text saying I'd get another update once it's gone out. Still hadn't heard anything as of this morning (Tuesday) although I did get a verification call from my credit card company to authorise it as a valid transaction so I know it went through security.

I've just got off the phone with Vodafone and was told that the order had been rejected - apparently there's a problem with order fulfillment and it's now being passed over to another team who will be contacting all customers by phone within 72 hours of the original order date. She couldn't confirm if the order would be fulfilled but advised not to re-order it but to wait until they contact me.

Same here they taken money but not processed it further gonna call me back by thursday.....

Guest Gary_J_Wright

check your bank they have cancelled mine AND CHARGED ME!!!

Bank say it needs to be cancelled by vodafone and gave me a authorising i.d to reverse transaction.

vodafone say they haven't taken my money , its in a holding account.... will take 3 days to return

Guest MrPuddington
I'm betting it's so that they can re-flog them with a mandatory topup.
Yep, that sounds like a reason. But are the 5 pounds extra profit worth all the bad publicity? Or maybe they just don't care - it seems that the Vodafone online shop is used to bald publicity...

Guest kradcliffe

should i bothering ordering then?

Just get one in store.

I had exactly the same problem and when I phoned on Monday night I was told the order had been referred ?????

I told the lady to Cancel the order but their system was down. s*** after waiting over 30 minutes just to talk to someone!

Keith

Guest wolsnah

I ordered one online from Vodafone yesterday (17th) at around 17:30. I've had an email this morning saying that it'll be delivered sometime today (18th) and to ensure someone will be in. Can't beat that really, hopefully it'll turn up.

Guest toge64

I ordered one online from Vodafone yesterday (17th) at around 17:30. I've had an email this morning saying that it'll be delivered sometime today (18th) and to ensure someone will be in. Can't beat that really, hopefully it'll turn up.

Did you pay a 10 pounds top up? Let us know if it turns up

Guest wolsnah

No top up paid, just the flat £100 fee. DPD delivering and have texted me this morning to say deliver will be between 14:58 and 15:58. Fortunately the missus is at home to accept it. I'll drop you guys an update and let you know when it's there.

Typically, I've got work colleagues visiting from another office so am out with them tonight, and on a drinks/leaving do tomorrow, so won't get much chance to play with it. I'll at least check it over this evening when I get home though, and let you know if the missus tells me it's there.

I have to admit, I was a bit concerned having ordered it, then read about the cancellations, and then more surprised by the confirmation of delivery so quick this morning.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

No top up paid, just the flat £100 fee. DPD delivering and have texted me this morning to say deliver will be between 14:58 and 15:58. Fortunately the missus is at home to accept it. I'll drop you guys an update and let you know when it's there.

Typically, I've got work colleagues visiting from another office so am out with them tonight, and on a drinks/leaving do tomorrow, so won't get much chance to play with it. I'll at least check it over this evening when I get home though, and let you know if the missus tells me it's there.

I have to admit, I was a bit concerned having ordered it, then read about the cancellations, and then more surprised by the confirmation of delivery so quick this morning.

That's interesting. Did you use a cashback site? I wonder whether Vodafone are quibbling about that or something? I am about to try re-ordering. It's encouraging that somebody who ordered more recently than I did is getting one.

Guest MrPuddington
It's encouraging that somebody who ordered more recently than I did is getting one.
I would not call that encouraging, I would rather call it a right mess. But if somebody actually receives an online order, that would demonstrate that they are doing at least something, even if it is messy.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Agreed. I am just encouraged that I may still actually get one for less than £100 (after cashback). I don't want to have to buy £10 credit I am not going to use.

The balls-up is hugely irritating though.

Guest wolsnah

No cashback site used. I just went straight through the www.vodafone.co.uk website yesterday, although it was extremely painful and slow, which in itself almost put me off buying one.

I agree with MrP's comment above. It's a bit crap that earlier orders have been messed up for people and my later one completely OK and turned around in less than 24 hours (assuming it turns up and is the right phone). I have a feeling that Vodafone just didn't see the demand for this when they started accepting orders.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

No cashback site used. I just went straight through the www.vodafone.co.uk website yesterday, although it was extremely painful and slow, which in itself almost put me off buying one.

I agree with MrP's comment above. It's a bit crap that earlier orders have been messed up for people and my later one completely OK and turned around in less than 24 hours (assuming it turns up and is the right phone). I have a feeling that Vodafone just didn't see the demand for this when they started accepting orders.

yeah gotta wait for my money back before i can either re order or go instore to collect.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

yeah gotta wait for my money back before i can either re order or go instore to collect.

I've tried re-ordering again this morning. Interestingly, it has tracked on Quidco this time. It didn't do that when I ordered on Monday, suggesting my order never reached the payment processing stage.

Edited by Konstipated Kiwi

Guest kradcliffe

I got an email this morning to say the order I placed on Friday has been cancelled and no money has been taken.

Shambolic customer service comes to mind!

Guest MrPuddington
I got an email this morning to say the order I placed on Friday has been cancelled and no money has been taken.
Same here, so the rumours seem to be true. I think I will wait before I order again - there are quite a few things coming out that I probably don't like about it, and I want to see whether Orange has a credible alternative. But at least I know now that I do not want to have a ZTE Skate :-)

Guest wolsnah

Just got home, phone has been delivered. I've taken it out of the packet, but not the box, have to dash now, food and colleagues waiting!!!