• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[KERNEL] S series kernel for "all" custom ROMs

293 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear C3C0

Is the kernel with your battery drain really better?

Can I ask one of my answers from experience?

Thanks

Posted

Hi C3C0, is it possible for you to create a similar optimized kernel for blade on cm7 and cm9? Thanks.

Posted

Not sure whether it is kernel or mod related (I'm using your 20/05 build from CFX thread), but entering Airplane Mode reboots the phone. After rebooting, Airplane Mode is on (turning it off doesn't reboot the phone). Had the same with your previous build. Logcat attached.

I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  124): Routing audio to Speakerphone

I/WindowManager(  207): Lock screen displayed!

D/SurfaceFlinger(  121): Screen about to return, flinger = 0xf918

W/ActivityManager(  207): finishReceiver called but active receiver is different

D/AccelerometerListener(  379): enable(false)

D/PhoneStatusBar(  283): disable: < expand icons alerts ticker system_info BACK HOME recent* CLOCK >

W/InputManagerService(  207): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@410c7a70

D/PhoneStatusBar(  283): disable: < expand icons alerts ticker system_info back* home* recent clock* >

I/dalvikvm(  207): Jit: resizing JitTable from 4096 to 8192

D/PhoneStatusBar(  283): disable: < EXPAND* icons alerts ticker system_info back home recent clock >

E/GTalkService(  346): connectionClosed: no XMPPConnection - That's strange!

E/GTalkService(  346): connectionClosed: no XMPPConnection - That's strange!

D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine(  207): HotOff process message: 55

D/CommandListener(  118): Clearing all IP addresses on wlan0

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 10

E/BluetoothService.cpp(  207): setBluetoothTetheringNative false

D/ConnectivityService(  207): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED

I/wpa_supplicant( 1381): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING 

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 9

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 8

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 7

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 6

D/BluetoothEventLoop(  207): Property Changed: UUIDs : 5

D/ConnectivityService(  207): Attempting to switch to mobile

E/ConnectivityService(  207): Exception trying to remove a route: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate with native dameon to add routes - com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException: Cmd {interface route remove wlan0 default 10.16.248.1 32 0.0.0.0} failed with code 400 : {Failed to remove route from default table (No such process)}

E/ConnectivityService(  207): Exception trying to remove a route: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate with native dameon to add routes - com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException: Cmd {interface route remove wlan0 default 0.0.0.0 0 10.16.248.1} failed with code 400 : {Failed to remove route from default table (No such process)}

D/NetUtils(  207): android_net_utils_resetConnections in env=0x22ed58 clazz=0xda900001 iface=wlan0 mask=0x3

D/ConnectivityService(  207): resetConnections(wlan0, 3)

D/ConnectivityService(  207): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED

D/NetUtils(  207): android_net_utils_resetConnections in env=0x22ed58 clazz=0xdc900001 iface=wlan0 mask=0x3

D/ConnectivityService(  207): Attempting to switch to mobile

D/ConnectivityService(  207): resetConnections(wlan0, 3)

I/bluedroid(  207): Stopping bluetoothd deamon

W/InputManagerService(  207): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@410d6030

D/PhoneStatusBar(  283): disable: < expand* icons alerts ticker system_info back home recent clock >

W/Netd    (  118): No subsystem found in netlink event

D/NetlinkEvent(  118): Unexpected netlink message. type=0x11

Posted

Same issue

Posted

It's a common issue as far as i know. Or did I miss anything? :)

Posted

Not sure. How this will help have no idea but good luck

Posted

First post updated. Link to new ICS kernel that fixes the airplane mode reboot.

Posted

could you make a kernel (ics) for blade too?

Posted

This one is based on burstlam's sources so I suppose this wouldn't bring any special improvements to blade.

Posted (edited)

First post updated. Link to new ICS kernel that fixes the airplane mode reboot.

I also had that problem, so I've installed the update (while airplane mode connected). Now I don't have wifi. Is it the same version both links?

I'm running CM9. Thanks!

Edited by xr529

Posted

Second link is for CM9 (ICS).

First link is for CM7 (Gingerbread)

Posted (edited)

I mean, the mirror and the google link.

EDIT: It doesn't matter, same result: I don't have wifi, can't connect it.

wLb1k.png

EDIT: Backup restored and kernel reinstaled. It seems ok.

Edited by xr529

Posted

Anyone tried S3-kernel with tilal's latest CM9 build yet? (26-05)

Might do it myself, but first checking the build as is, other kernel perhaps tomorrow.

Posted

Anyone tried S3-kernel with tilal's latest CM9 build yet? (26-05)

Might do it myself, but first checking the build as is, other kernel perhaps tomorrow.

I installed it after seeing the kernel that came with it doesn't put the phone into deep sleep mode. It works fine and everything seems to be working just fine. Even deep sleep is working okay :)

Posted

I installed it after seeing the kernel that came with it doesn't put the phone into deep sleep mode. It works fine and everything seems to be working just fine. Even deep sleep is working okay :)

Are you sure about deep sleep not working? My battery drain on the original kernel is not that excessive.. But if everything works with S3 kernel I'll just flash that.

Posted

Google docs link doesn't work for me and the dropbox link is disabled.

Any other mirror avaliable?

Posted

Are you sure about deep sleep not working? My battery drain on the original kernel is not that excessive.. But if everything works with S3 kernel I'll just flash that.

Yeah. I installed the rom and then left it for about 6 hours. I then checked CPU Spy and Deep Sleep wasn't used, but 122MHz had the longest usage. I flashed S3, went to sleep, woke up and checked CPU Spy and it had been in deep sleep the whole time I was sleeping.

Posted

New mirrors (MIRROR2) added in the first post.

Posted

Yeah. I installed the rom and then left it for about 6 hours. I then checked CPU Spy and Deep Sleep wasn't used, but 122MHz had the longest usage. I flashed S3, went to sleep, woke up and checked CPU Spy and it had been in deep sleep the whole time I was sleeping.

Thanks couldn't check that without leaving my phone alone for a long time and that's not possible during the day :-p.

Posted

I mean, the mirror and the google link.

EDIT: It doesn't matter, same result: I don't have wifi, can't connect it.

wLb1k.png

EDIT: Backup restored and kernel reinstaled. It seems ok.

yea had that wlan problem also so iam on tilals stock kernel for now :D

Posted

Does the current Kernel also work with the newest ColdFusionX build(31/05)?

Posted

I personally can't see a reason why it shouldn't. But everything is possible so Backup to be on a safe side.

Posted (edited)

sui785

Does the current Kernel also work with the newest ColdFusionX build(31/05)?

Yes, it works, at least for me ;) - no any problem for 2 days runtime.

C3C0

Ceco, will you continue build your version of Lalit's CFX? In my opinion your 20/05 build runs smoother and even bit faster (~100-120 extra AnTuTu marks) than original CFX patched with your S3 kernel.

Edited by SingleWolf

Posted

New update in the first post - S3 for CM7 ROMs with volume boost hack.

Read the first post for more info.

Posted (edited)

New update in the first post - S3 for CM7 ROMs with volume boost hack.

Read the first post for more info.

Thnks matie........i had been avoiding CM ROMs for this reason and many others are avoiding too.......this should give new life to CM ROMs.....gr8 work

I had shared one liner change in build.prop which increased volume steps to 100 and hence had given better in call volume........is this the same hack ?

Cant find latest link on first page........ :blink:

Edited by jtharmor