[KERNEL] S series kernel for "all" custom ROMs

Guest C3C0

Guest oscar-mark

Flashed the CM9 normal version on latest CFX version, got bootloop.

Is it not working on the 28/6 version?

First time ever I did a nandroid backup, didn't know it was so easy.

Well now I'm glad I did! :D

Darn, when I restored the backup the phone only reboots into recovery again. Should I do wipes first?

Edited by oscar-mark

Guest oscar-mark
Kernel flashing doesn't require wipes. And it should work on 28/06 release as far as I know.

Well I did a full wipe and then flashed kernel, ROM and gapps in one go, but I don't know if it worked.

What's the kernel name in "About Phone"?

The kernel name looks the same except with a "+" in the end.

Edited by oscar-mark

Guest oscar-mark
S3 must be flashed last. You have overwritten it by flashing rom... about info on kernel should say ceco@HP-Linux.

Ok will try to flash the Kernel now, but I will backup with TB and Nandroid.

Lol, how do I backup everything with Titanium Backup?

Edited by oscar-mark

Guest Zunex

C3C0, is that volume boost pobbible for the blade (on ICS) too? Because my blade isn't loud enough compared to my X10 or Xpress Music. Sorry for my bad english it's very early in the morning :P

You should ask the maintainers of Blade kernel (TomG, tilal, ...) to include my (dirty) patch.

If you just want to improve the volume level scaling (without kernel boost that causes distortion on high levels anyway)

you can take the libmedia.so from update ZIP and use it on blade. Should work.

Guest Zunex

You should ask the maintainers of Blade kernel (TomG, tilal, ...) to include my (dirty) patch.

If you just want to improve the volume level scaling (without kernel boost that causes distortion on high levels anyway)

you can take the libmedia.so from update ZIP and use it on blade. Should work.

thanks, I'll try it =)

Guest oscar-mark

Aww, tried flashing again but I still get bootloop.

Stupid nandroid backups won't work.

Clean flash worked and the battery is really good.

Thx

Might be that the volume boost version is not compatible with the JB. That's because it contains modified

libmedia.so library that is designed to work on ICS.

Basic version should work, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Bad news... Links will be down because of the following... It will take some time to get them up again...

Good day,

As a recipient of this e-mail, you are currently registered as a developer on Goo.im. I do wish this mail was in better tidings, however, it is not. During our maintenance yesterday, expansion of the Lustre FS that files are stored on, was on the todo list, and was done. However, during this, the old primary OST for Lustre died, causing a race condition where the new server was seen as primary, and the metadata server blanked itself, causing a critical loss of all files stored on the FS. Unfortunately, there is no recovery of files from this. At this time, all home directories have been re-created, and users re-linked to /dev/ folders on Goo.im at this time.

• 1 month later...
Guest poludeli_kaktus

S2 kernel work on stock medion life rom, nice&smooth. only issue is google play store stop working sollution is wipe data/factory reset through recovery.

post-990523-0-73484600-1348060059_thumb.

post-990523-0-60196300-1348060086_thumb.

Edited by poludeli_kaktus

It have "Deep Sleep"?

Use it on cm 7.2. i put down my skate at night with 34% battery left and in the moring still have the 34%. which has never happened to me with cm7.2 :D

Could someone comment on your experience with the S3 kernels against the IceArmorIII+? I used the ROM IceArmorIII+ for a long time; still in my mobile despite having tried many others, but I wonder if putting it on the kernel S3 of C3C0 (thank you, C3C0) would improve the behavior in some aspect. Thank you very much.