• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Capacitive button 'back-lights'..........

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

(Running the (brilliant) F&C6 on SFII)

Is there any way to turn off the backlights behind the capacitive buttons?

Posted · Report post

I thought they were physical buttons myself...

Posted · Report post

I thought they were physical buttons myself...

Whatever - you know what I mean......

Posted · Report post

Whatever - you know what I mean......

Would probably require some framework modding. That's the way the lights are adjusted on the Vivacity so it wouldn't surprise me.

Posted · Report post

Aren't the light controlled by the light sensor? So they only really come on if you're in a dark enough place, in daylight I'm sure they don't show cos they're not needed.

Posted · Report post

Aren't the light controlled by the light sensor? So they only really come on if you're in a dark enough place, in daylight I'm sure they don't show cos they're not needed.

Yeah, correct...see me and fr0do here, in the TMV F& C thread....here

I flashed a framework from fibblesans earlier ROM, but it phucked up some Notification and other Icon stuff, but, it solved the back-light problem...

perhaps it could be looked at by someone who knows more than me!!!!

it would really help, as I have said before, my wife has a sight disability, and the lack of back-lit Android buttons most of the time is really quite a drawback, to this otherwise nearly perfect ROM

Posted · Report post

I flashed a framework from fibblesans earlier ROM, but it phucked up some Notification and other Icon stuff, but, it solved the back-light problem...

it would really help, as I have said before, my wife has a sight disability, and the lack of back-lit Android buttons most of the time is really quite a drawback, to this otherwise nearly perfect ROM

There is a mod worth trying on xda witch forces leds to stay on when screen is on. I will link it later when I'm home.

Posted · Report post

There is a mod worth trying on xda witch forces leds to stay on when screen is on. I will link it later when I'm home.

How do you turn them OFF though?!

Posted · Report post

Turn the screen off lol.

Posted · Report post

How do you turn them OFF though?!

Sorry seefman....just saw you OP is about turning off back-lights on Crescent SFII

Apologies if I hi-jacked your thread.....laugh.gif

Posted · Report post

(Running the (brilliant) F&C6 on SFII)

Is there any way to turn off the backlights behind the capacitive buttons?

app called screen filter might allow you to disable them

Posted · Report post

Check this out could help :) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=917441

Posted · Report post

That looks good raverrr ;)

Posted · Report post

Check this out could help :) http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=917441

Put's a widget on the home screen allows you to turn on/off widget "bulb" but Capacitive Android Lights/Buttons don't change....

App description says Samsung Galaxy line of phones......

This is a simple little app for the Samsung Galaxy line of phones. It will not work for the Galaxy Tablet, as this is very hardware specific. E-mail me if it doesn't work for your Galaxy S phone, I'd like to make it work for everyone. REQUIRES root access.

I rebooted also after install...but no dice...no back-lights, stay stubbornly off.....

but that framework flash from fr0do did work earlier, except for all the changes it did to icons, etc.....

the light sensor was much more responsive to lower ambient light....

not just complete darkness, or covering the sensor with your hand.....

if only that could be incorporated into this ROM, without breaking the theme....

fr0do's post

Posted · Report post

Turn the screen off lol.

Er.... a constructive answer might be helpful?

Posted · Report post

There's a setting page in Cyanogen Mod 7 to turn the button lights off and on at set brightness levels, including always off or always on. So it is possible.

I always found those lights behind the physical buttons a complete waste too.

Posted · Report post

Er.... a constructive answer might be helpful?

Ehhh!! not a good idea to pee off the Dev!!! Especially one who has produced such a useful ROM as F&C....

ya know......a little levity, and a sense of humour helps huh.gif

Posted · Report post

Ehhh!! not a good idea to pee off the Dev!!! Especially one who has produced such a useful ROM as F&C....

ya know......a little levity, and a sense of humour helps huh.gif

Thanks to FRODO (see above) for the helpful advice....

:rolleyes: