• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Screen capture

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi forum,

my G300 comes (as expected) with Android 2.3.6. I have tried the usual combinations to take a screen capture on Gingerbread (power + home, power + back...) and non of them really worked for me.

Is there any way to screen capture without root / external apps in the Huawei Ascend G300?

Thanks!

Edited by dancg

Posted (edited)

very easy. Search for screenshot on the market. there are some few available for free.

Sorry should have read properly. not found a built in way yet

Edited by Davidoff59

Posted

So I understand there is no native way to screen capture in the Android 2.3.6 that comes with the G300? Looks strange to me...

Posted

I'm not aware of a native screen capture tool. CM have the feature as standard though, perhaps you're thinking of that?

Posted

I'm not aware of a native screen capture tool. CM have the feature as standard though, perhaps you're thinking of that?

Well, as far as I know some Androids 2.3 have a native screen capture tool. For example:

Posted

Power Button + volume Down button :) :)

Posted

Power Button + volume Down button :) :)

That's only on ICS not GB and the video showing screen capture on GB is an extra Samsung put on for the Galaxy , as far as I know there is no native built in screen capture on GB you will need to install an app or use a custom rom if you want that feature.

Posted (edited)

Lots of apps on the play store claim to work without root. Work through those. Alternatively, use a camera ;)

.. and your G300 comes with ICS via a free update. All you do is say yes to the installer. Once on ICS, screenshot is built in as explained above.

Edited by fr0do

Posted (edited)

I assume k0va thinks they just discovered the screenshot feature :lol:

We had it a long time ago mate, everyone knew about it, and this thread is months old if you look at the dates.

Edited by kyan31

Posted

I assume k0va thinks they just discovered the screenshot feature :lol:

We had it a long time ago mate, everyone knew about it, and this thread is months old if you look at the dates.

agreed