Screen capture

Guest dancg

Guest dancg

Hi forum,

my G300 comes (as expected) with Android 2.3.6. I have tried the usual combinations to take a screen capture on Gingerbread (power + home, power + back...) and non of them really worked for me.

Is there any way to screen capture without root / external apps in the Huawei Ascend G300?

Thanks!

Edited by dancg

Guest Davidoff59

very easy. Search for screenshot on the market. there are some few available for free.

Sorry should have read properly. not found a built in way yet

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest dancg

I'm not aware of a native screen capture tool. CM have the feature as standard though, perhaps you're thinking of that?

Well, as far as I know some Androids 2.3 have a native screen capture tool. For example:

• 8 months later...
Guest bladebuddy
Power Button + volume Down button :) :)

That's only on ICS not GB and the video showing screen capture on GB is an extra Samsung put on for the Galaxy , as far as I know there is no native built in screen capture on GB you will need to install an app or use a custom rom if you want that feature.

Lots of apps on the play store claim to work without root. Work through those. Alternatively, use a camera ;)

.. and your G300 comes with ICS via a free update. All you do is say yes to the installer. Once on ICS, screenshot is built in as explained above.

Edited by fr0do

I assume k0va thinks they just discovered the screenshot feature :lol:

We had it a long time ago mate, everyone knew about it, and this thread is months old if you look at the dates.

Edited by kyan31

Guest krishang3
I assume k0va thinks they just discovered the screenshot feature :lol:

We had it a long time ago mate, everyone knew about it, and this thread is months old if you look at the dates.

agreed