(Video) 360 Launcher & How to change LCD display DPI settings (display resolution)

Guest aafi-rocks

Guest aafi-rocks

Hi All,

Wanted to share with you all on how to change the Display DPI settings.

What it does..? It provides you with more space on your screen and may also help you play HD games which requires more resolution.

There are a few apps in the market which will do the same job.. but still this is free & the easiest way to do it.

1. Open Root Explorer

2. Navigate to System folder

3. Open the file name build.prop

4. Scroll down and under 'Additional_build_properties' look for the line ro.sf.lcd_density = 240

The default value for the LCD density is 240, you may change it 200

Then press menu key and click on Save or Save & exit. It will create another build.prop file in system folder.

Reboot phone and your done..!

Njoy..!

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest deniel

I downloaded ES file manager because i dont want to spend for root explorer, specially on a beta. So i open the build.prop with a text editor and it wont let me save it. or it crash or when i open again the file, its still the same as before.

Guest aafi-rocks

I downloaded ES file manager because i dont want to spend for root explorer, specially on a beta. So i open the build.prop with a text editor and it wont let me save it. or it crash or when i open again the file, its still the same as before.

Its permission issue, you can use ubuntu, explore the Android partition, find the file and then edit it inside Ubuntu.

Guest deniel

Its permission issue, you can use ubuntu, explore the Android partition, find the file and then edit it inside Ubuntu.

Still a problem, as i poste on a post some days ago, i dont know how to make the android usb wit pc. i had a guide and first step was to call a number but it give me an error

Guest voyteckst

Hi All,

Wanted to share with you all on how to change the Display HDPI settings.

What it does..? It provides you with more space on your screen and may also help you play HD games which requires more resolution.

There are a few apps in the market which will do the same job.. but still this is free & the easiest way to do it.

1. Open Root Explorer

2. Navigate to System folder

3. Open the file name build.prop

4. Scroll down and under 'Additional_build_properties' look for the line ro.sf.lcd_density = 240

The default value for the LCD density is 240, you may change it 200

Then press menu key and click on Save or Save & exit. It will create another build.prop file in system folder.

Reboot phone and your done..!

Njoy..!

HDPI requires framework and applications to include hdpi resolution graphics. You are describing only how to change DPI which is something different...

Guest aafi-rocks

HDPI requires framework and applications to include hdpi resolution graphics. You are describing only how to change DPI which is something different...

Hmm, My bad.. May be I understood it incorrectly.

Changing the thread title to DPI.

Thanks for correcting me rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...