• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

ClockworkMod Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300

269 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If fastboot does not work how are you guys getting clockworkmod on,as pauls super recovery gives you a stock recovery ?

edit: Its ok now,just realized frankish made a one-click recovery :D

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted

Stupid question - can I remove CWM?

What if i need give a Phone to Service? Varranty is out?

Sorry for bad EN.

Posted

Stupid question - can I remove CWM?

What if i need give a Phone to Service? Varranty is out?

Sorry for bad EN.

When you apply the stock ROM the stock recovery is put on.

Same when running Paul's root (That applies the stock recovery)

Posted

Hi! I need some help. I try to flash the recovery but I can't Would somebody give me the first command line? I mean from the beginning, like C driver and so on. My device is rooted, I have adk installe but I can't do it. Help me, please! It is my wife's phone and she will kill me!!!

Posted (edited)

sorry, the blog suggests i can use SuperRecovery update.zip method (from SDcard) to install this, is that correct? would rather not install ROMManager if it's dangerous.

1) new phone

2) rooted with SuperRecovery from this forum

3) update.zip to install this CWM? Not sure if this would work but i flashed it using fasboot/recovery same as with the SuperRecovery.

4)Make backup

5) start messing with Root Uninstaller/Custom ROMs

Edited by Smiff2

Posted (edited)

when i use nandroid, should i see a yellow indicator bar which shows the progress of the backup? because its not appearing on my cwm - it seems to be working, but no progress bar. any thoughts?

edit: ok just tried to restore the backup i just made and i got a error message

E:format_volume failed to unmount "/system"

:(

Edited by toge64

Posted

would some1 be able to answer some questions about CMR and TeamWin 4 me please? :)

Posted

edit: ok just tried to restore the backup i just made and i got a error message

E:format_volume failed to unmount "/system"

thats a bug in CWM, unfortunately, what you need to do is goto advanced / reboot recovery and then try it again.

would some1 be able to answer some questions about CMR and TeamWin 4 me please? :)

What are your questions?

Posted

What are your questions?

Will my back ups ive done on CWR work on team win?

theres another thread dont saying that back ups in teamWin dont save to the external sd...but there internal, is that true?

will changing to teamwin then back to cmr affect my back ups in anyway?MD5 sums and all that?

do i just use the update.zip for teamWin(already have CMR) and if i want CMR back use the update.zip for CMR?

thanks. :)

*sorry bout the idiotic questions.

Posted

Team win recovery keeps backups on sd card just like cwm.

But the location if I remember right is a folder on root of sd called TWR.

Posted

went ahead and installed TeamWin, can see why people talk about it, its really good. :)

unsure what to tick to back up my rom tho. lol

anyone advise me there?

Posted

Will my back ups ive done on CWR work on team win? theres another thread dont saying that back ups in teamWin dont save to the external sd...but there internal, is that true? will changing to teamwin then back to cmr affect my back ups in anyway?MD5 sums and all that? do i just use the update.zip for teamWin(already have CMR) and if i want CMR back use the update.zip for CMR? thanks. :) *sorry bout the idiotic questions.

The backs are in a similar but disparate format, and they are written to a different directory on the SD card, so best to consider them inoperable with CWMR

It should write to the external SDcard, Ive not checked out that code that closely but I belive it will default to the internal SDcard if and external one is not present (or is not detected)...

you can use the udpate.zip file for TeamWin recovery with CWMR and visa-versa, install it as if it where a rom.

Posted

first i have to thank you about your great work

but i have a Problem with charging battery when i turn off the mobile and want charging it it turn on with recovery mod

hope you help to fix this

Posted

Sorry if this has been asked before , but could anyone point me in the right direction to install CWM in ubuntu ( linux )

Thanks in advance :)

Posted

Sorry if this has been asked before , but could anyone point me in the right direction to install CWM in ubuntu ( linux )

Thanks in advance

Silly me .. found it in the .. Help I'm New And I Can't Do... thread :)

Posted

it's work on U8818 version?

Posted

it's work on U8818 version?

Yes.

Posted

ermm how do i download?

Posted

Hi guys i'm a complete noob at this, i've rooted my phone following paul's instructions but i'm unsure on what to do. Can someone completely dumb it down for me?

Posted

thanks frankie!

Posted

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help, i have a G300 which i have flashed CMRecovery on & also the modaco custom ROM, but i am still getting the low speaker sound issue....

I have tried restoring the original voda ROM back onto the G300 and this then sees that a firmware update is available but then it wont install the firmware update - i think its clashing with CM Recovery somewhere... so is it possible to uninstall CM recovery, i want to take the phone back to voda as its not working properly but the first thing they will see is i have CM recovery installed....

Its my first Huawei device, but i have had HTC in the past - so be gentle :)

Cheers

SF

Posted

Try flashing this stock rom