which option for Storing apps

Guest feckineejit

Guest feckineejit

Hello i've gone into my application settings, and there is an option "preferred install location" the options in there are "internal device storage", "removable sd card", or "let the system decide" i've got let the system decide ticked. Is that the option i should choose? only reason im asking is because i went into "manage applications" and tried to move some apps that i downloaded, to sd card, first time i clicked move to sd card i got an error message saying it cant be moved but when i click it again it moves.

Guest eLJay

Hello i've gone into my application settings, and there is an option "preferred install location" the options in there are "internal device storage", "removable sd card", or "let the system decide" i've got let the system decide ticked. Is that the option i should choose? only reason im asking is because i went into "manage applications" and tried to move some apps that i downloaded, to sd card, first time i clicked move to sd card i got an error message saying it cant be moved but when i click it again it moves.

It did that on the Blade. It's probably a timing/SD Card performance issue. Annoying but not a show stopper.

Guest Simon O

Leave it on "let the system decide" and only move larger apps such as games to the SD. Any application that requires root, any replacement system apps like launchers, any widgets MUST stay on the phone and not be moved to the SD as they can cause the phone to run extremely slowly and even cause force closes to happen.

The /data partition is big enough not to worry about moving apps but I would still move games due to the size of them.