• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[MOD] Change your splash screen

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If you wish to change your Splash screen to something else here are some alternatives, these are in the form of an update zip file that need to be flashed with Clockwork Mod Recovery

Stock Splash Screen: (preview)

hwu8815_splash_stock-update-signed.zip MD5 : 8632a181b8d77d5e9ce0254ceaa62a72 Standard Android: (preview) hwu8815_splash_bugdroid-update-signed.zip MD5 : 77e2608c8b3efad4590672a151723942

Huawei Ascend (as seen in the boot animation) (preview)

hwu8815_splash_huaweiascend-update-signed.zip MD5 : 62362f364b2aee07c685632f72a2f94e If you wish to make your own, you need a 480x800 PNG file and ffmpeg, like so:
ffmpeg -i logo.png -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb565 oem_logo.mbn

then you simply need to replace the oem_logo.mbn in one of the update files and flash it

Posted · Report post

Lovely thanks for sharing. I'll just make a request that someone dumps their stock splash image before they use any of these as we need a stock one please thanks!

Posted · Report post

And here at last is a STOCK splash screen, happy times!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks for this any what of changing the boot animiation?

I now have the Green Andriod on boot, but still have the manufacturer logo splash screen animation.

I had the stock ANDROID boot anmation (the word "Andriod" wiggling) when applying the new ROMs before applying the Vendor update.app which reinstated the Huawei animation.

Edited by FrownBreaker

Posted · Report post

Is it an easy job replacing the boot animation with something else? Thanks for splash screen flash.

Posted · Report post

Is it an easy job replacing the boot animation with something else? Thanks for splash screen flash.

Never mind, found the bootanimation.zip file and replaced with a custom animation. Works great now.

Posted · Report post

I now have the Green Andriod on boot, but still have the manufacturer logo splash screen animation.

I had the stock ANDROID boot anmation (the word "Andriod" wiggling) when applying the new ROMs before applying the Vendor update.app which reinstated the Huawei animation.

To easily change boot animation use the app ROM Toolbox.

Thanks a lot for this Sebastian. This worked on my U8818 (chinese version of U8815 with NFC) just to let you know.

Edited by weckl

Posted · Report post

this completely removes any/all Huawei startup logos.

(Android logo > android shimmer text (using GR1 888 ROM) > lock screen)

thanks Seb!

Posted · Report post

Hi Seb,

I've tried each of these zips with the new official ICS 4.0.3 but sadly they don't seem to work. I flashed them with TeamWin and there were no errors but I still have the default chinese splash screen.

Did I do something wrong or do I specifically need CWM to flash the zips or is it that these zips would need updating to work with the new ICS update. Sorry for the noob questions.

Thanks in advance.

Posted · Report post

Just a quick note to report this method worked first time on the stock ICS release.

If you wish to make your own, you need a 480x800 PNG file and ffmpeg, like so:

ffmpeg -i logo.png -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb565 oem_logo.mbn

then you simply need to replace the oem_logo.mbn in one of the update files and flash it

Anyone know if I can create this file (ffmpeg -i logo.png -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb565 oem_logo.mbn) in photoshop? Or do I need a specific piece of software?

Thanks for any info.

ps. running stock ICS and it worked for me too. :)

Edited by Rico_89

Posted · Report post

works for me stock ics

Posted · Report post

I used cwm recovery btw

Posted · Report post

yeah worked fine for me using cwm on official chinese ICS. It seems that teamwin recovery has trouble with quite a lot

Posted · Report post

Worked great on chinese ICS too, thanks!.

Posted · Report post

so this flashing method works then?

*I mean the ZIp's and all that*

Posted · Report post

yes I m back to the huawei splash no more Chinese 3g icon

Posted · Report post

yeah worked fine for me using cwm on official chinese ICS. It seems that teamwin recovery has trouble with quite a lot

I think that must have been the problem when I tried it, I used teamwin and it didn't take. I guess CWM is needed.

Posted · Report post

Could you post a picture of every splash screen?

Posted · Report post

Just flashed the stock one, quality of the picture doesnt seem as sharp as the original one. Would be good if we could get some more, im guessing it doesnt support animation?

Hehe just flashed both the logon screen (to the bugdroid) and the animation (to the huawei ascend one)... worked like a charm :) thanks all :)

Done on 927, btw :)

Edited by chico2069

Posted · Report post

Just flashed the stock one, quality of the picture doesnt seem as sharp as the original one. Would be good if we could get some more, im guessing it doesnt support animation?

Considering it IS the original Image.. is your imagination

Posted · Report post

what rom did you flash the vendor update.app for?