[ROM] : de-branded ROM for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300 [gingerbread]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Currently very much a work in-progress custom ROM for the Huawei U8815/Ascend G300 device.

All the Vendor Branding has been removed, and any applications modified by Huawei/Vodafone have been replaced with the AOSP versions. The aim is to revert the device to as close to AOSP as possible.

This ROM is based on the Huawei HuaweiU8815C02B882 ROM shipped the current UK device

Features

• Based on the HuaweiU8815C02B882 ROM
  • Removed bundled applcations.
  • Reverted to default launcher.
  • Reverted to default lockscreen.
  • Reverted to standard Android Splash screen
  • Added Google Voice.
  • Updated Google Market Application.
  • Updated Google Maps.
  • Updated Google Muisc.
  • Updated Google Mail.
  • Updated Google Voicesearch.
  • Added ChainsDD' SuperUser Application.
  • Updated Busybox.
  • Added international APN list.

DISCLAIMER : I am not responsive for any consequences of installing this update, any house-fires, stray cats, legal action resulting from your use of it is ENTIRELY your own look out.

[ROM] : de-branded ROM for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300 [gingerbread]

Guest Frankish

Tried this out earlier and it's very nice. Gone back to stock rooted rom though as i want to mess about myself for a bit. Would be good to deodex the rom though for tweaks and themes etc?

Also you know your stuff seb, any idea on the rear speaker volume? There is a temp workaround. Paul says Huawei are looking into it so i understand if your not wasting your time on it?

Guest putbinoot

The lock screen is something I really like, only wish you could add more apps and pic what apps you want. Can someone point me to a tutorial for backing up this rom and installing vanilla or is it just done in clockwork mod as an update zip . Is it possible to keep the stock unlock and place it in sebastions rom.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest Davidoff59

is superuser working as I saw mention that it wasn't working properly ? you may have changed it since. will the ota update still work with this rom ?

thanks for what you have done so far sebastian,much appreciated

Guest Sebastian404

I tried the regular deodex script that I use, and it resulted in the device not booting, I had a little play with it, but ran out of time, so its not deodexed .. If I get the time this week I will go back and try and work out whats wrong with it.

I saw the thread about the speaker, I was hoping someone else would fix that tho :)

If you want to keep the unlock screen you can get the files (PotterUnlock.apk & PotterUnlock.odex) and from the stock image and install it.

SuperUser should work... I installed an older version of it since I'm not a fan of the new version, but it seems to work fine.. or at least it seems to for me.... if your having problems try updating the Super User App to the newest.

Guest Sebastian404

If you are having problems with Super User try the following...

from a command line

adb remount
adb shell chmod 04775 /system/xbin/su[/code]

This seems to do the trick for some people

Guest mramonks

If you are having problems with Super User try the following...

from a command line

adb remount

adb shell chmod 04775 /system/xbin/su

This seems to do the trick for some people

Worked a charm!

Guest Sebastian404

I deodexed it and it worked fine. Tried a wipe and still worked too.

I didn't really get much chance to play with it, what did you use to deodex it?

I wrote my own script a while ago and its worked fine on other devices.. quite possible I buggered it up with this one tho.. I had to rebuild my development environment, possibly forgot to do something.

Guest Frankish

I cheated. Couldn't be arsed with Ubuntu and I've got Cygwin installed so used that auto kitchen tool forgot the name. It's basically a noob tool does it all for you?

Guest Sebastian404

I cheated. Couldn't be arsed with Ubuntu and I've got Cygwin installed so used that auto kitchen tool forgot the name. It's basically a noob tool does it all for you?

I'll have to check that out, I used a script I wrote that's worked with all the other devices I've used it on... its possibly I'm doing it wrong tho

Guest Simon O

Can I unlock the phone with this ROM?

No. You need to buy an unlock code to unlock the phone (and you have asked this question twice now)

Guest Sebastian404

Well, it took me a while to puzzle it out, turns out that when I recreated my build enviroment I forgot to get zipalign.. and my script just assumed it was there and carried on without it.. DOH

Guest Davidoff59

Would it be possible to work out the unlock algorithm with a few imei numbers along with their unlock codes?

Guest Sebastian404

someone has worked out the code, all those sites that sell unlocks are the results of that.

The only reason we got a 'free' unlock for the ZTE devices was because someone (whos name I dont recall) on the blade forum spend a lot of time reverse engineering it.

unfortuantly when it comes to cell phones it's not as free and open as most people would like...

cash is king etc..

Guest Sebastian404

Im just uploading r1, the only difference is that I've de-odex'd the rom now, updated some of the app that have updated over the last week or so, and added the Car Home app since a couple of people reminded me I'd missed it...

Give it about 30 minutes and it i'll be there

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tommygo

Im just uploading r1, the only difference is that I've de-odex'd the rom now, updated some of the app that have updated over the last week or so, and added the Car Home app since a couple of people reminded me I'd missed it...

Give it about 30 minutes and it i'll be there

I am not able to locate R1. Can you share it?

• 1 year later...
Guest cruzy_cruz

I know it's an old topic but I was looking to donwgrade from ICS CM9.1 back to stock gingerbread and I stumbled across this.

I like the rom but it doesn't have any LED notifications active or the toggle bar in the notifications menu

Is there a way to add them via CWM or apk files?

cheers

• 3 months later...
Guest Radeon7720

The links broken help i love this rom cause i got on older y100 --LOL--

but yeah please please please fix links

or could someone upload it to file sharing site

Thanks In Advance