Cannot enter recovery mode + fastboot

Guest Trelo Bifteki

Guest Trelo Bifteki

Hi all,

I wanted to try another custom ROM today and I did a terrible mistake.

I accidentally installed ROM manager and CWM from this application. I never imagined that this would cause me so much trouble.

After this, I came across to the following issues:

a) Cannot enter recovery: I tried to load other recoveries by using Recovery Manager without any success. I tried almost every recovery img available for moon cake in android.podtwo.com. No success there as well.

B) Cannot enter fast boot mode: I turned off phone, removed batter for 5 seconds, hold down VOL+ and pressed POWER button for 2 seconds. Android logo appears and I keep holding VOL+. Red light disappears and phone boots normally.

Can someone answer my questions below:

a) Am I doing something wrong for loading fast boot mode? I tried MANY times without any success.

B) Is it possible to fix recovery mode without fast boot and install properly recovery image?

c) Is it possible that fast boot mode got broken?

Guest equiliym

a) you are not holding button long enough, power on and hold vol+ for 5 secs

B) fastboot is the foremost best option of installing recovery, rom manager sucks and installs broken cwm

c) no

Guest Trelo Bifteki

a) you are not holding button long enough, power on and hold vol+ for 5 secs

B) fastboot is the foremost best option of installing recovery, rom manager sucks and installs broken cwm

c) no

I can try to enter recovery mode by using VOL- instead, but recovery is not loaded. Instead, the phone gets stuck to andoird green logo and red light is turned on. I'm also trying the same way to enter fast boot by pressing VOL+ button instead, but the phone boots normally instead.

Is there any difference that I have not noticed for entering fast boot?

<div><br></div><div>If I can also ask, I have three options when I select 'reboot' from the custom rom. Is it 'boot loader' equals to 'fast boot'?</div>

Edited by Trelo Bifteki

Guest redhawkuk

Perhaps fastboot button sequence has changed I've heard the Telstra Smart Touch (Australian Racer) requires Volume Down + Call + Power instead of Volume Up + Power maybe this is the case for you??

Also try adb reboot bootloader or adb reboot-bootloader I understand it makes your handset reboot into fastboot mode although I haven't tested on my Racer yet.

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

Guest Dabbu

buddy with the help of recovery manager install your previous recovery.which u install earlier.I have read it in some one thread and he get success.Good Luck Buddy.

Guest plegdroid

or, reflash via terminal emulator, make a copy of your cwm recovery image, put it on the root of your sdcard, rename it to recovery.img . then run terminal, type su and press enter, type flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img press enter and you'll get alot of code go past, when it stops you'll have recovery back. but make sure you use a recovery made for the racer and don't go near rom manager as it will ar53 your phone up :)

Guest Trelo Bifteki

I tried installing several times any possible recovery images compatible with gen1. After several attempts, the following one entered recovery mode successully!

recovery-RA-mooncake-gen1-v2.3.img

After this, I installed CM 7.2.0 + Vamshi kernel and now the phone works fine!

Thanks everyone for you help!!

• 4 years later...

I have almost the same problem, I can't access to twrp..can you tell me the steps you following in adb shell? My phone open but i want to put a

the stock rom again but I can't ...sorry for my bad English