[ROM] Onyx (CM7; updated 2012 04 22)

Guest twrock

Hi

I did use this rom but now my market is not working at all. It crashes everytime. I tried clearing the system cache, dalvik cache etc etc but no luck.

Other than that, this is very fast and smooth. Can anyone help me sort out this market issue. I tried many apk version but everytime no luck.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

ashok

Which rom specifically did you install? Did the Market app ever work, or did it not work from the beginning?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mojeimezaforum

Hi guys, I have a problem with my camera. It doesn't always make this lines across picture, but it often does. I cant figure it out why....

I've posted pic so you can see the problem.

Lines are not always on same place or same length.

img20130318171936.jpg

You should be able to see two horizontal lines on this picture.

Can it be fixed?

Guest pedrojaime

Try Downloading zoom camera or buying Vignette, both are very good. Then go into the settings of these applications and set the resolution of the pictures to take to be the best (ie the highest possible). then, download Ghost Commander, grant it root access (I am assuming you have rooted your phone), then in file build.prop add the following lines which will improve picture quality:

ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000

ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000

Thinking about it, you will probably get larger than normal files with

ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

setting without any difference in quality so its probably better to set this at 90

Hope this helps, the above are my settings but I am now considering setting quality to 90 or 85% since reading around tells me that 85% is a good compromise between quality and compression), and that's why the GIMP software defaults to this.

Hope this helps you. Both changing camera program and editing build.prop solved this issue for me. Come to think of it the crucial change was changing to Zoom camera because I had these settings in there before and still the lines appeared but with different program I have never seen lines again in my pictures!

Peter

Guest mojeimezaforum

Thank you Peter! Installing zoom camera solved the problem. I've tried to change build.prop but after I save changes, close file and reopen it, those three lines were not there.

With zoomCamera, camera operations are fester and there is no restarting on video mod.

I love this phone, but now when spring is coming, direct sun light will make use of this phone impossible outside. :)

The only thing that is going on my nerves is constant restarting or even not opening TouchPal while i type message or use browser. Any cure for that?

Guest pedrojaime

Because I live in Quito, Ecuador, at 2600m and on the Equator, direct sunlight is very strong and bright here so I have 'Phone Scheduler' schedule full brightness during daylight hours. Its a very good scheduling program. I also use it to switch wifi on intermittently and have aquamail program check email only on wifi conection. I can also use this program to set airplane mode overnight for longer battery life when I am not using it. I finally bought the full version of Zoom browser. The only difference is that you don't get ads displayed, other than that the functionality is identical. What I like about this program, even more than the highly acclaimed Vignette, is that you can see the effects on the display before you take the picture.

I am wondering, what rom are you using? I use Styx and its very stable. Also, do you have overclocking of the CPU set too high? Could this be why the phone keeps rebooting? Mine can handle up to 710 before I start to get spontaneous reboots. I keep it at the standard 528/245 since it works very well and the battery lasts longer.

If you have your phone rooted and use a root uninstaller you can go to beta.swype.com/android/get/ you can download swype keyboard which I really like and then uninstall touchpal. If you use an application like Link2sd you can verify that you have enough free space in /data and /system partitions. Freeing up some space will make the phone faster and more stable (this can be done with link2sd app also).

Hope it helps you. My pulse may not be the fastest but with a few good apps on sd its faster than many newer phones! Good luck

Peter

Guest mojeimezaforum

I'm using Onyx ROM downloaded from first post of this thread. My phone is not rebooting and I left Max. CPU freq. 528 MHz it's just my keyboard restarting. Especially while I'm in browser. Sometimes it just won't open. I'll try to install that swype keyboard.

I don't have installed Link2sd because I'm trying to keep minimum number of applications, and free as much as possible internal memory plus I' m using swapeer 2 and have formated my sd card to have one swap partition one ext4 partition and one fat32. But after a while my sd card got damaged and just crashes every once a awhile and I'm trying to avoid often formating. That's why I start swapper just when it's necessary and don't install apps on sd card.

Guest pedrojaime

I see, have you tried reformatting the SD card recently? Did that fix things or has it been a long time since your last format (a year or more). Maybe this might solve your issues with unstable software. Just an idea. Maybe even reinstalling the stock keyboard fixes it. As long as your sdcard is in a good state and working, I have found good performance from moving apps to the sdcard but keeping Dalvik running on internal phone storage. I used darktremor a2sd to do this with these commands:

# a2sd reinstall

# a2sd nocachereset

# a2sd check

I have also run:

# a2sd zipalign

# a2sd lowmem-moderate

# a2sd reswap

# a2sd swappy12

Its working very well for me in this configuration (in Cyanogenmod settings, I have jit turned off, 24 heapsize, no compcache)

Make sure you have a nandroid backup first though if you decide to try this. i also use ext4 partition btw

hope this helps.