[ROM] VegaCream for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra

Guest Scanno

Guest 010967djg

*WARNING*

As you might already have read, some people have problems with their touchscreens after flashing a new ROM (this can happen with any ROM). In worst case their touchscreen has died. There has been an investigation into this problem and the conclusion is that there are bad batches of touchscreens that can die when they overheat. This is also due to a design flaw of our tablets. As a precaution it is strongly adviced to disconnect the power from the tablet when booting the first time after flashing a new ROM. This because after flashing a new ROM, the tablet needs to do a lot of processing and that generates heat and increases the change of overheating the touchscreen.

If you feel VegaCream is worth it and would like to show your gratitude (the donate link is added on request):

btn_donate_SM.gif

AND also do NOT forget about ejtagle and brucelee666 for their great work.

[DOWNLOADS]

VegaCream BETA RC2:

If you use the CWM zip, please do not forget to do a *Full Wipe*

CWM-Flashable ZIP: VegaCream-RC2-120dpi-Apex.zip

NVFlash: VegaCream-RC2-NVFlash.exe

VegaCream BETA RC1:

If you use the CWM zip, please do not forget to do a *Full Wipe*

CWM-Flashable ZIP: VegaCream-RC1-120dpi-Apex.zip

NVFlash: VegaCream-RC1-NVFlash.exe

VegaCream BETA 4.1:

*Warning* This version uses the new 3.1.10 kernel and can still cause problems. If you are not sure if you want to use this version, then please do not download and install !!!

CWM-Flashable ZIP: VegaCream-Beta4.1-120dpi-Apex.zip

NVFlash: VegaCream-Beta4.1-NVFlash.exe

VegaCream BETA 3:

CWM-Flashable ZIP: VegaCream-Beta3-120dpi-Apex.zip

NVFlash: VegaCream-Beta3-NVflash.exe

VegaCream BETA2.1:

CWM-Flashable ZIP: VegaCream-BETA2.1-120dpi-Apex.zip.zip

NVFlash: VegaCream-Beta2.1-nvflash.exe

===============================================

VegaCream BETA1: VegaCream-Beta1-120dpi-Apex.zip

VegaCream Alpha2: VegaCream-Alpha2-120dpi-Apex.zip

VegaCream Alpha1: VegaCream-Alpha1-120dpi-Apex.zip

[CHANGELIST]

RC2:

- New kernel based on the latest NVidia rel-15r7 kernel.

RC1:

- Latest Apex Launcher

- Wifi working as it should

- Hopefully no lockups anymore

BETA 4.1:

*THIS IS STILL EXPERIMENTAL*

- Kernel 3.1.10

- WiFi working as it should

- Suspend problems should be solved

BETA 3:

- Updated sources to latest AOSP 4.0.4 version (IMM76L)

- Recompiled the kernel:

- Fixed clock frequency staying locked at 1000 Mhz

- Kernel version shows up in About

- TUN module is compiled into the kernel (not as a seperate module)

- Updated proprietary drivers

- Small change in vold.fstab. You can now see connected USB mass storage devices in settings/storage.

BETA2.1:

- Newly compiled from scratch

- Mms.apk is back.

- LatinIME now has build in languages for spellcorrections and hints

BETA2 (compared to BETA1):

- Removed provision.apk. This may conflict with Google Apps

- Added Advanced Wifi Lock to /system/app

- Changed keyboard

- Updated to latest AOSP 4.0.4 version (IMM76I)

- su, busybox, superuser build from source

- SystemUI.apk force closing should be solved.

- Sound problems (stuttering) solved (thanks brucelee666)

- 3G should be working (it is working on my Huawei E153 dongle)

- Browser updated and includes setting to change useragent

- Webkit updated

- OpenVPN compiled from source

BETA1:

- Bluetooth working (Thanks Brucelee666)

- Video problems should be solved (not all libraries needed were included)

- Enhanced Powermenu implemented (Thanks Brucelee666)

- Both Apex Launcher and Stock Launcher included. You can choose at first boot which launcher you want to use)

ALPHA2:

- Squashfs working, all the apps now on /system.

- Camera working.

- All Languages added

- Added a Filemanager on /data/app (can be removed)

- Added a Terminal on /data/app (can be removed)

- Added tun.ko in /system/lib/modules/

- OpenVPN binaries added

Hi please be gentle as im a total novice, i have the vega running vegacomb and would like some info on which of the above roms i need to run vegacream, and if poss a full break down on how to install it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bilbobagpipes

Installed recently and works with a wireless mouse & separate wireless keyboard whilst plugged into the docking station. Dock USB works on some memory sticks (reading NTFS as well) but not all. The on board USB does not register any memory sticks, even when I used the USB app from the R8 rom to change it over. (sneaked this on via ti backup)

Overall it is snappier than R8 & the vortex wallpaper is well cool off my telly. I love the fact that No longer have to mess around with flash players any more. Many thanks for this ROM. It's prompted me to donate to Paul for the sterling functionality R8 has given me. Who knows, if this ICS RC2 holds up, I may part with another tenner...

Will post any problems as they come

Thanks to all.

Guest Bilbobagpipes

Update on ICS RC2.....

Bluetooth & Camera good. Have been Skyping & passing around photos to/from phone.

I-player, DVD file Daroon player & MX Player working very well.

A Kingston G3 Data traveller 8GB stick NTFS formatted works from the dock only, but files transfer ok. Haven't managed to get older sticks to work FAT32 or NTFS. The on board USB won't dig a memory stick though, even when utilising the R8 USB swap slave / Host app.

Advent wireless keyboard works a treat & automatically suspends the android pop up keyboard.

Microsoft wireless Arc mouse works a treat with a blue cursor arrow that pops up when I unfold the mouse for use. Just as well as I could not copy in the 'Cursor Fix' into System Framework folder (Read Only Folder, even with Root Explorer)

TI backup allowed me to recover apps & data from my R8 setup. Just awaiting a fast 32GB micro SD card before I retire the current class 4 16GB card with my R8 setup & go mad for apps.

Stock Browser & Chrome do work but I have experienced some freezing up where the 6 second power button reboot is the only way to get past this. (Shame that)... Turns out that is not just the browsers, reactivated ShadowGun (FPS) and got another freeze up during the 400mb(ish) Download. Another attempt was all it took & what used to graphically screw up on R8 runs like a dream on ICS RC2. Game on :-)

All in all a very polished experience bar the odd bit of freezing...

I did install the stock ROM NVFlash to reset from R8 before I NVFlashed the ICS RC2. Noting problems from other folk with CWM attempts I'm glad to have gone this way.

Any pointers on the occasional freeze up's would be greatly received.

Thanks again to all

Guest Dave Marchant

R8 USB Host / Slave swap will not work with this ROM (and may well mess it up as that employs a mod to the kernel to work). I think there is an embedded app (haven't got my Vega with me to check) which allows Host / Slave swap. Maybe the use of the R8 USB Host / Slave app is the underlying cause of the lockups.

R8 USB Host / Slave swap will not work with this ROM (and may well mess it up as that employs a mod to the kernel to work). I think there is an embedded app (haven't got my Vega with me to check) which allows Host / Slave swap. Maybe the use of the R8 USB Host / Slave app is the underlying cause of the lockups.

Use Shuttle tools for switching host / slave. It is indeed included in the ROM.