[ROM] VegaCream for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra

Guest Scanno

Guest Daedric1383

Yeah, somebody over at TabletRoms has mentioned this problem ( www.tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-development/4843-%5Brom%5D-vegacream-advent-vega-pov-mobii-tegra-46.html )...

Just flashed test2 myself and didn't encounter have this problem.

Bit of a long shot this, but try rotating your tablet through 90 degress into portrait mode and see if it'll unlock then.

GED.

Nothing...

Yet you're right. It is the wizard. I added ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED and was greated with the "Pick your launcher" screen this time.Perhaps one should be made default... no ?

I have a network signal, tomorrow i'll test the 3G.Now i'm only missing GPS :D

Edited by Daedric1383

Guest GedBlake

Nothing...

Yet you're right. It is the wizard. I added ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED and was greated with the "Pick your launcher" screen this time.Perhaps one should be made default... no ?

I have a network signal, tomorrow i'll test the 3G.Now i'm only missing GPS :D

Maybe you should let Gonzo76 over at TabletRom's know... who apparently has flashed this ROM a 'zillion' times!

I'm curious myself actually, how you managed it... given you couldn't get past the lock screen.

I'm assuming ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED goes in build.prop ...

Anyway, it's great you've got it working.

GED.

Guest Daedric1383

Maybe you should let Gonzo76 over at TabletRom's know... who apparently has flashed this ROM a 'zillion' times!

I'm curious myself actually, how you managed it... given you couldn't get past the lock screen.

GED.

Yes, i'm sorry. It's a build.prop setting.

Now i faced (yet) another recurring problem. I shutdown the tablet, inserted a sim card, powered it on, BANG!

Blackscreen. No matter what i do, blackscreen.

Guest Daedric1383

@GedBlake, followed instructions, i've yet to reboot/shutdown, but everything seems to be OK :D

Now, biggest report. Viewsonic Viewpad 10S. 3G Works, if the tab powers on with the SIM card there. This is normal, expected.

What i didn't expect, was for GPS to work. I got lock, inside a warehouse :D

Guest Daedric1383

@All,

VegaCream BETA2=test3 available... see second post.

Scanno, for someone on B2T2 with tremendous success, would you advise the update?

I have no issue with B2T2, everything just works :) (except for Chrome, for some weird reason..)

Guest Scanno

Scanno, for someone on B2T2 with tremendous success, would you advise the update?

I have no issue with B2T2, everything just works :) (except for Chrome, for some weird reason..)

There was a problem with SystemUI fc'ing when you switch off notifications. The fc'ing is looping also after reboot. So if you do not switch off notifications you can wait for a beta2 release.

Guest Mrcapo

I mentioned earlier earlier in the thread(or tabletroms thread) that the chrome problem is not a rom fault its chrome not being compatible with 120dpi resolutions. You can either install a older version of chrome from an apk (its the last update that caused the problem) or use a dpi changer app from the play store to change to 160dpi. I really like the look of 120 doing so went for the older version of chrome but without the latest update it loads mobile sites so now I do without. Besides its a massive memory hog.

Edited by Mrcapo

Guest lohtse

flashed this BUT if I reboot it hangs at a blank screen only way to fix is reflash with vegaics THIS HAPPENS ON EVERY REBOOT...BBC iplayer opens then will open web browser at bbc iplayer page,yes flash is installed,gps doesn't work,nor does usnb stick, mouse or usb card reader, pc see's and transfers ok.Chrome FC's... have gone back to vegaics as too many issues...

Guest freakyfreddy

flashed this BUT if I reboot it hangs at a blank screen only way to fix is reflash with vegaics THIS HAPPENS ON EVERY REBOOT...

I´ve got the same problem, blackscreen on every reboot... :( Any solutions?

Guest Richard_Arkless

@All,

VegaCream BETA2 is available. See second post.

Thanks, however on first boot it got stuck on finishing boot on android is upgrading, so I held down the power button and now it wont boot at all, just stays on the boot animation

To solve this issue I went into adb on my pc and booted into the recovery from there, now back on test 3

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Scanno

Thanks, however on first boot it got stuck on finishing boot on android is upgrading, so I held down the power button and now it wont boot at all, just stays on the boot animation

To solve this issue I went into adb on my pc and booted into the recovery from there, now back on test 3

Did you wipe before upgrading?

Guest Richard_Arkless

Did you wipe before upgrading?

No, was I suppose to? I thought the wipe was only necessary when switching from one rom to another

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Scanno

No, was I suppose to? I thought the wipe was only necessary when switching from one rom to another

Well as long as i am changing things that are related to the framework, it can cause bootloops or other strange things when you do not do a wipe. If you encounter things like bootloops or fc's you should have wiped -_-

Guest Richard_Arkless

Well as long as i am changing things that are related to the framework, it can cause bootloops or other strange things when you do not do a wipe. If you encounter things like bootloops or fc's you should have wiped -_-

ok thanks, just hope this isnt going to be a regular thing

Guest Scanno

ok thanks, just hope this isnt going to be a regular thing

You do not have to update to anything. You can stay on your current rom / version

Guest d_borghi

For people who have an internal 3G card and have problems with the lockscreen at first boot, please flash VegaCream BETA2 from recovery and right after flash the following ZIP file. It will add the line ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLE to the BUILD.PROP.

DOWNLOAD:http://www.mediafire.com/?botig3ws9azaa9g

hi scanno,

any news about skype issue? beta2 solves it?

tnx 4 all

db

Guest jimsie

Just downloaded and flashed Beta 2 cwm install and can't seem to get link2sd to create a mount script. was ok in alpha 2. Is there any other method to move apps to ext-sd, like S2E or Darktremor. any help would be appreciated. BT seems to be ok, transferred a couple of files from my blade.

Guest Aleeh

GED.

It is possible that you are one of the lucky ones who got a tablet from the very first batch which has a different model tp.i noticed this in the past when i tried to do a screen calibration and the tablet totally freezed. My friends tegra did not have this problem.

what i noticed when i looked sidways into the screen to the tablet clearly saw the grid of the TP while the on the other tablet this was not visible.

another way to test which tp you have is by installing the egalax calibration tool and do a calibration. when you are able to calibrate the screen you have the earlier batch if it freezes during calibration you have the other TP.