i think i have bricked my optimus x2 - HELP!

Guest kamaleon

Guest kamaleon

Hi everyone,

My x2 is a vodafone, imei unlocked, stock 2.2 and CWM.

Im in the USA now and im using an iphone here so i wanted to update the x2 while not using it.

I read that lg will update trhe x2 to ICS and i had a pending update on my phone which i couldnt install due to a CWM.. Thinking it might be the ICS i went ahead and removed the CWM.

I removed CWM with "r1-stockrecovery-2x-unsigned", This did allowed me to boot into stock recovery. backed up all my data, did a factory reset and looked for update via wifi.

it found the update, downloaded (it was a small file, so no ics i assume), rebooted it self to install the update and thats it.

Now it boots to the LG logo and it stays there.

power Vol- goes to recovery for a brief moment (15 secs or so) and then back to LG logo.

Uninstalled all LG drivers and software from system, W7 64 bit.

I have downloaded 2x-nvflashdrivers and 2x-v10b-1300166062-nvflash (from here)

My comp detects the phone while in recovery mode, but wont take those drivers, hence NVflash cant detect the phone.. Once the phone goes out of recovery more my comp no longer sees the phone as connected.

I know its a lot to read but wanted to clarify in detail as much as i could so we all are in the same page.

Guest ahat :D!

Hi everyone,

My x2 is a vodafone, imei unlocked, stock 2.2 and CWM.

Im in the USA now and im using an iphone here so i wanted to update the x2 while not using it.

I read that lg will update trhe x2 to ICS and i had a pending update on my phone which i couldnt install due to a CWM.. Thinking it might be the ICS i went ahead and removed the CWM.

I removed CWM with "r1-stockrecovery-2x-unsigned", This did allowed me to boot into stock recovery. backed up all my data, did a factory reset and looked for update via wifi.

it found the update, downloaded (it was a small file, so no ics i assume), rebooted it self to install the update and thats it.

Now it boots to the LG logo and it stays there.

power Vol- goes to recovery for a brief moment (15 secs or so) and then back to LG logo.

Uninstalled all LG drivers and software from system, W7 64 bit.

I have downloaded 2x-nvflashdrivers and 2x-v10b-1300166062-nvflash (from here)

My comp detects the phone while in recovery mode, but wont take those drivers, hence NVflash cant detect the phone.. Once the phone goes out of recovery more my comp no longer sees the phone as connected.

I know its a lot to read but wanted to clarify in detail as much as i could so we all are in the same page.

To use NVFlash, you must turn the phone off, take the battery out, then hold vol up and down while plugging in USB and don't let go. Then you can NVFlash.

Guest kamaleon

Thanks ahat, but that wasnt the issue.. the issue with navflash was that my system didnt recognized the phone using the navflash drivers..

Anyways, i got the phone unbricked with another method.

----

Thanks to a guy on you tube for directions, seach for user "iPhoneIac" tittle "LG Optimus 2x - How to flash to stock rom"

Program used:

SmartFlash P990

SmartFlash drivers, if u see modem driver not working under windows try to do the flash anyways.

Youll need ISO and FLS file as well. I found an open european set.

i can post links but im not sure if its allowed here, if it is let me know and ill post them so others can benefit from it.

Now that i got the phone working i can keep experimenting, i know how to unbrick it now