SIP not avaliable in stock ROM

Guest maaslo

Guest maaslo

I can't find the settings for SIP calls in the stock ROM. I thought that they are avalible since 2.3 in all versions. Should I install or remove some app?

Guest FlatPackPete

Search for sip on the play store you can get CSipSimple for free that should work fine. Note I haven't used it on this phone but I have on others and it's pretty good, even supports text messages to other sip mobiles.

• 6 months later...
Guest FrownBreaker

Is there anyway to flash the native SIP support back on the G300?

I think Voda took SIP out of the stock ROM. I'm trying out the apps suggested here (Thanks FlatPackPete) but would like the native support as the call quality on third party apps may not be good on 3G as the codec needed require a licence that Google has already paid for.

Guest unaszplodrmann

Yes, you can restore native SIP support; no need for 3rd party app. I think I posted the procedure here ages ago. It's the same for ICS as it was in GB, AFAIK. Grab the missing XML file from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1109962 and drop it into /system/etc/permissions/ on the phone. You'll need root access, of course. You can ignore the rest of the guide unless you want full support for SIP over mobile data.

Manufacturers often disable SIP support at the behest of many carriers; Huawei and Vodafone are not alone in this.

Guest unaszplodrmann

Thanks. Downloading the toolchains now. I notice the post talks about GB but I suppose the XML endpoints are the same in ICS.

Yes, there are only 2 and they haven't changed.

• 2 months later...
Guest petjun4ik

Hello, Everyone!

unaszplodrmann, thanks for a solution! It works perfectly also for Huawei G500 Pro.

But now I have another issue: I can place a sip call, but they can't hear me on the other side... What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Guest raverrr

This will copy the file to the right place for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dr8w1148gq2d2v6

Flash in CWM or TWRP, reboot and SIP over WIFI should be enabled.

This zip uses busybox to mount/unmount system so will only work if you have busybox installed.

If you haven't there is a busybox installer available on the play store. (ROOT required)

Enjoy

Well, I don´t know, if I'm being thick, but I have the

"/system/etc/permissions/android.software.sip.voip.xml"-file in its place and restarted the device.

Twice. -Fastboot is off.

I should see the SIP settings under:

Dialer->Menu->Settings->Internet Call Settings

right?

but it's not there ...

any idea?

B926 rom with B934repack on top, rooted and CWM

Edited by KaterM