• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Alcatel OT-995

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Alcatel OT-995

Alcatel-OneTouch-995-Android.jpg

This brand new baby from Alcatel seems to be the new 'Blade' in the smartphoneworld.

Specs:

• 4.3-inch WVGA screen
  • 480×800 resolution
  • 1.4GHz Qualcomm single-core processor
  • 5-megapixel camera w/ flash
  • 512MB of RAM

Only a few weeks released but the few reviews available are very promising.

Even a ICS update is promised by Alcatel.

Retail prices (in Holland) are 190-200 euro. Lots of bang for the buck. I hope the Android community will pick this one as fav for developing ROM's for.

Posted · Report post

Looks pretty interesting if the price is right!

P

Posted · Report post

€190-200 in the Netherlands :)

Posted · Report post

Thinking of buying one.

So far my blade is running as it should Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5) and no problems whatsoever.

Really hoping that devs take a closer look on this one, it might be a great test platform.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was also checking this device out last night and I be very interested in getting one as well, but only if dev people are gonna be developing for this device!... There are already people on XDA working on getting a stable root method and so far initial attempts are looking promising :P ... Some people are getting successful root and others are having problems... Would be a nice upgrade for us Skate owners who want to not go below the 4.3" screen size & keep to a budget, and massive upgrade to all Blade owners...

EDIT: [Price change] Expansys has started selling the EU version (comes with UK socket plug adapter) for 170.99£ (link below), should also be sim-free...

http://www.expansys....r-black-232797/

EDIT: Was just wondering whether the screen overlay is made from glass or plastic? Cheers!...

Edited by trueno2k

Posted · Report post

I have bought this Mini monster. In India, a company called Relaince is rebranding the model as Reconnect 4301 for 250$.... Awaiting for ICS upgrade...