Intermittent blob appearing inside the screen

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Guest daivatam

Please tell me if your phones become realy warm when plaiyng games especially intensive games like osmos...or just warm when browsing internet. It is important for me because if I go in service and because now the blob is gone my justification will be that ...the phone overheat.

I am curious if the phones without screen blob problem suffer from the alarmant warming...maybe not and that warming is the problem....

Tx!

Guest daivatam

My old htc explorer was heating significantly only after I overclocked from 600 to 800 Mhz...and the heat level that the htc has at the overclocked 800 is very similar to g300 heat now with stock rom and speed...maybe bad batch of processors?

Edited by daivatam

Got this issue with my new g300 and I have only been texting not doing anything else so doubt its a heat issue (I resolved by pressing under battery). Hope this blob dosent become a regular problem !

Guest Soberskin

I had this problem for a while and someone mentioned using a suction cup for separating the screen to remove the blob. Well I just want to say thanks for this suggestion because it worked a treat. Haven't seen the blob since but I know how to get rid of it if comes back now . I guess this is good enough evidence that it's not water perspiration that's causing the issue.

I took mine back to tesco and got another. Early days with replacement but so far so good. I thought problem was rubbing in pocket. But night before last when I went to bed inperfection was tiny when I work it was back to fingernail size and all the time it was lying on bedside table.

Guest PandaThing

I've had this a couple of times, its simply pressure on the screen that causes it. Hod it in my back pocket on a plane, while i ate lunch, stepped on my backpack... Now I'm more carefull with it, and it hasn't happened in weeks, and the screen is perfect (no damage).

Replacement just done same thing. Back to Tesco I go again armed with a print of this thread... Going to go to a different store this time so hopefully I get one from a completely different batch previous 2 had very close serial numbers.

Guest Superking

Hi

I bought the G300 from Vodafone Ireland one week ago.

The blob appeared after 3 days - was in my pocket with screen facing inwards.

Bought it on-line so intend to return it...........problem is the blob comes & goes.......if I return it by post chances are the blob will be gone & they'll return it.

I brought it into a Vodafone store & the lady advised to return it...it looked faulty.........she couldn't accept it in the shop as it was bought on-line.

I've tried to contact Vodafone but their customer phone service is a disaster...........can't talk to an operator.......press 1, 2, etc. to listen to a machine!!!!

I hope to post it to Voafone on Monday for a replacement.

HauweiAscendG300.jpg

Edited by Superking

Guest daivatam

Update....the problem get whorse...now every day if I put the phone in pocket the blob appear ...in any type of pocket includding large and losse...it is realy anoing...pushing the screen or in the back of phone will not help just making the blob eventualy bigger...in one of 10 occurences squizing the phone from laterals resolved the blob...but in rest only thing to do is waiting for the blob to dissapear without intervention.

My phone was fine for a month, got the same blob as others today, sent in for repairs because store refuses to give me a refund, will be approx. 3 weeks without it now :( I was just getting to enjoy it. Not buying another huawei budget phone again.

Edited by pborg

Guest Mark6167

Just had the same problem.

Thanks to posts on this site, I took the battery and sim card out and just gently tapped the top of the phone against my hand. The blob reduced on each successive tap into smaller circles and totally disappeared on about 3rd or 4th tap. This may work without having to take the battery and sim out.

I had been putting the phone in my front jeans pocket for about a month (different pair of jeans!) but today I was wearing some old trousers with smaller and tighter pockets whilst doing some menial tasks. I think the combination of the tighter pocket and bending down alot whilst working may have 'flexed' the phone too much and caused the problem of something pushing against the screen and inducing the blob.

Will monitor.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Aye, Mark6167; that's the impression I got as well. It first happened to me after I had been squatting down with the phone in my front jeans pocket. I can tell when doing that that the phone is being squeezed. It has hardly happened at all over the past three months since I started wearing regular trousers most days rather than jeans. It does seem from my observations that it is something to do with flexing/bending of the unit.

Worth noting. As this appears to be a well documented manufacturing defect, there is no fixed time limit on repair/replacement under the UK Sale of Goods Act

I have never seen this fault on my phone and it spends a lot of time in my pocket. If I did see it then I would be looking for a replacement or repair immediately.

Edited by Hogweed

I returned mine today to Tescos due to this problem. Such a shame as no Tesco near me has any left at all now!

you gonna get a repair / replacement or gone for a refund?

Guest Szpilman

I got this blob a couple of times. First time it went away after 30mins didn't even have time to take a photo. I got it today too, but now I have a solution for it! So you don't have to replace a fully working device!!!

You will need either some wide scotch tape or a suction cup.

First cut about 10cm of tape, stick it on your phone so you cover the blob (or even a bit more - 1-2cm around the blob), get as much air out as you can so you have a good grip, use the slack piece of tape to pull the digitiser away from lcd away from the screen at about 30-45 degree angle.

Or you can try using a suction cup - place it on top of the blob and then slowly pull it away from the screen until the blob is gone.

It helped me, hope it helps you guys!

Edited by Szpilman

[It happened to me and to make it go away I blew into the USB port

i laughed when i read this but as i already had tried every other suggested remedy i decided to give it a go,

unbeliveable it worked the second time.

thanks fraska

Guest bladebuddy
[It happened to me and to make it go away I blew into the USB port

i laughed when i read this but as i already had tried every other suggested remedy i decided to give it a go,

unbeliveable it worked the second time.

thanks fraska

Just tried and it works ?

FRASKA THANKS :D