Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UnbelievablyScrewed

Budget Tablets

3 posts in this topic

I have been looking endlessly for almost a year for a good budget tablet. Yet it seems like every time I feel like buying something, two more better tablets come out. It doesn't particularly help that being in England, it's not easy to get a low cost budget android tablet that has decent specs (dual cores) without blowing 200 quid!

So I started looking at the Chinese retail market and found some interesting tablets for less than £200. For example, the SmarQ T20. Unlike the Ainol Aurora, this tablet has a 10.1" IPS HD display screen, dual cameras - 1.3 mp front facing and 5 mp rear facing - as well as a dual core A9 cortex processor clocked at 1.5GHz. This retails at merimobiles.com at $289.99 which equates to £178.58 with free shipping for the 8GB. Similarly pandawill retails this for $339.99 which is roughly £209.99 for the 16GB version, also with free shipping.

Would you recommend this to anyone who's looking for a cheap device?

Which other devices would you recommend?

The SmarQ T20 tablet

Edited by UnbelievablyScrewed

Advent Vega, has a good community and honeycomb and ics roms...

Advent Vega, has a good community and honeycomb and ics roms...

Trouble is finding one, mines damaged and I'm eagerly holding off replacing it until the next modders choice appears, I could afford a more expensive tablet but struggle to justify the cost in my head. I was hoping a sub £250 tablet with great specs would surface and half the Vega community would change over like the blade guys seem to have done with the new huawei