• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is this how forum page should display after Modaco redesign?

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi...prob wrong place for this but anyway, here goes...been having page render/display issues after the redesign:

Is the page under the ZTE Blade ROMs forum supposed to render like this (see pic)? The nav bar is double height and partially obcures links underneath.

Also if I click to enter a thread on the forum after the page loads the black nav bar briefly enlarges like a black blind being pulled down before returning to its previous size.

Any one else have these issues please....using Firefox 12 and Aurora and also Chrome...many thanks.

post-769028-0-87654500-1335909835_thumb.

Edited by leetron1

Posted

Well, mine is almost like that, but does not overlap the back..

However, I'm having trouble with this layout, it is kind of confuse.. Can't visually separate the different threads.. I prefer the old layout..

Posted (edited)

Mine used to do that but is OK this morning.

Now I've seen it in your screenshot, it's clear that your browser is not wide enough to show the forum you're in and the view new content section on the same line. What's odd is your font in use there is much larger than mine currently is.

So maybe they've fixed it by using a smaller font?

Edited by targetbsp

Posted

Now I've seen it in your screenshot, it's clear that your browser is not wide enough to show the forum you're in and the view new content section on the same line. What's odd is your font in use there is much larger than mine currently is.

Thanks target...I'll give it a try

Posted

Firefox is set at default font size...still getting double height nav bar and 'window blind' effect opening forum threads..weird!

Posted (edited)

Thought someone else had same issue that I've had for last few days where the details of poster take up half the screen then the messages have to fit in what's left.post-862144-0-25837000-1335974381_thumb.

Edited by Pondlife

Posted

try cleaning cache

Posted

Tried that...its just the same unfortunately.

Posted

What it looks like here, I presume it's correct since it looks good.

(Chrome)

post-683844-0-40080400-1336068946_thumb.

Posted (edited)

On a side note is anyone using the mobile site? It was bad before it's even worse now sure it looks good but, how the hell do you navigate a thread, how do you get to the first page if it's set to go to first unread? Press prev 100 times? Did anyone actually test it beforehand?

edit: CM7 thread is 707 pages does that mean I need to press prev 707 times to get to the first post? Or do I have to switch to the full site change my settings to take me to the first post, then I have to close browser, delete cache then I'm back at mobile site on the first post. But wait... how do I now get to the last post?

Edited by youngsta2010

Posted

Hi...prob wrong place for this but anyway, here goes...been having page render/display issues after the redesign:

Is the page under the ZTE Blade ROMs forum supposed to render like this (see pic)? The nav bar is double height and partially obcures links underneath.

Also if I click to enter a thread on the forum after the page loads the black nav bar briefly enlarges like a black blind being pulled down before returning to its previous size.

Any one else have these issues please....using Firefox 12 and Aurora and also Chrome...many thanks.

Hmmm, what screen res are you on? The long breadcrumbs to the forum are pushing it down a line. I could potentially truncate that a bit...

P

Posted

Thought someone else had same issue that I've had for last few days where the details of poster take up half the screen then the messages have to fit in what's left.post-862144-0-25837000-1335974381_thumb.

On all threads or a particular one? What's your machine config?

P

Posted

On a side note is anyone using the mobile site? It was bad before it's even worse now sure it looks good but, how the hell do you navigate a thread, how do you get to the first page if it's set to go to first unread? Press prev 100 times? Did anyone actually test it beforehand?

edit: CM7 thread is 707 pages does that mean I need to press prev 707 times to get to the first post?

That is kinda silly. If I made the topic name at the top clickable to go to the first post, would that at least help in the interim?

P

Posted

That would help a lot, I hope something can be worked out. Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Hi Paul...res is 1440x900 if that helps...thanks mate

Edited by leetron1

Posted (edited)

On all threads or a particular one? What's your machine config?

P

All threads

If the post text goes further down the page than the posters details it then has the remainder of the text further to the left than the details were.

acer aspire one 751 netbook 11.6" screen 1366x768 resolution intel gma running firefox 12 on windows 7.

Edited by Pondlife

Posted

Has anything been changed today? I'm no longer seeing the * that you can click to go to the first unread post. Threads with new posts have a bold title, but I can't go directly to the latest posts any more. Its happening on Chrome and Firefox.

Posted

Something peculiar happened... I rebuilt the skins and it's happy again now. :)

P

Posted

Thanks, working again today.

Posted

yeah and the green arrow's back too

Posted

Also unable to get to first page in a thread using mobile site without going back through every page.

Perhaps the white on black thread title could be clickable as suggested in the interim?

Posted

You can now click the topic title to go to the first page. :)

P