Original factory ROMs from Huawei

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Original ROM from Huawei if you ever need to restore to 100% stock. This will wipe your phone completely so only use this if you need to return your phone for any reason.

This list will be kept up-to-date with any updates Huawei release and I will continue to mirror them on my own website.

HUAWEI_U8815_Android_2.3_V100R001C02B882_England_Vodafone_05010XJM.zip (mirror link) 216 MB MD5: C335B11C4CEC514286C31CA74A328266 (check with HashTab)

Installation guide:

Step 1. Prepare a Micro SD card which at least has 512MB available space and make sure it can be read and write.

Step 2. Copy the entire dload folder (with update.app in it) to the root directory of the MICRO SD card.

Step 3. Make sure your handset is switched off. Insert the MICRO SD card into the handset. Press and hold the VOLUME UP key and VOLUME DOWN key simultaneously, then press the POWER key to power on the phone so all three buttons are pressed. The phone will then enter the Software Upgrade Mode.

Full instructions can be found in a PDF file located inside the ROM ZIP.

Guest Frankish

Hmm I thought it was a Huawei unbranded rom at first. Excitement gone.

First link goes to usb driver. Mirror link is the rom.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Simon O

Hmm I thought it was a Huawei unbranded rom at first. Excitement gone.

First link goes to usb driver. Mirror link is the rom.

Thanks. Fixed link

Guest Frankish

Looks like it could help me restore the stock splash image so thanks for this upload flib. Hurry up and get one too as we need some more active development going on it's far too quiet here ;)

Guest Sebastian404

McSpoon wrote a perl script that splits those update files, I think you'll find it in the Pulse section here..

Guest Frankish

I just flashed the full thing, then flashed recovery and restored my nandroid. I much prefer this stock splash image :)

Edited by Frankish

Guest Simon O

McSpoon wrote a perl script that splits those update files, I think you'll find it in the Pulse section here..

Doesn't work with the new style Huawei images :(

Guest Gary_J_Wright

it also does not relock the phone, but it does restore phone fully to stock and restores the hauwei splash image

Guest Sebastian404

Doesn't work with the new style Huawei images :(

Interesting, no-one updated it? hows your perl skillz? :)

Guest The Silent Man

Hello guys,

I've just switched to android and I'm totally new to customization so my question might be stupid.

Do I need to perform anything else but the procedure from the first post in order to revert to stock ROM? No matter what I did previously, like rooting, custom recovery etc. all I need to do is put dload folder on the sd card and boot the phone in Software Upgrade Mode?

In other words, whatever I do with phone customization I can't screw this Software Upgrade Mode, it will always be accessible by pressing this 3 keys?

Guest hecatae
Hello guys,

I've just switched to android and I'm totally new to customization so my question might be stupid.

Do I need to perform anything else but the procedure from the first post in order to revert to stock ROM? No matter what I did previously, like rooting, custom recovery etc. all I need to do is put dload folder on the sd card and boot the phone in Software Upgrade Mode?

In other words, whatever I do with phone customization I can't screw this Software Upgrade Mode, it will always be accessible by pressing this 3 keys?

Do you already have a dload folder on your sd card, and does it contain update.app?

Guest The Silent Man

Do you already have a dload folder on your sd card, and does it contain update.app?

I don't have it but let's say that I copied dload folder on sd card with update.app file from link in the first post. No matter if I rooted phone and installed clockwork recovery I can easily convert to stock with just booting into software upgrade mode? Will the software upgrade mode be present on my customized phone no matter what I do with the phone?

Guest The Silent Man
silent man plz dont reflash your phone b4 you dump your newer build rom for us please /beg

I will not but could somebody please answer to my questions?

Guest The Silent Man

...and my build also has a ringer volume issue but little bit different. I described behaviour of my phone in the relevant thread.

Guest hecatae

http://www.uloz.to/xzUfw5A/u8815-g300-v100r001c00b884-rar

found b884

and b886 is here http://www.uloz.to/xnB2eBs/demo-u8815-v100r001c185b886-rar

slow servers, will be re-uploading both to faster servers

uploaded b884 to multi-upload here: http://www.multiupload.co.uk/H96DGK3954

uploaded b886 to multi-upload here: http://www.multiupload.co.uk/WOADN56Z0F

Guest Simon O

Why does the B886 say demo?

Also it goes without saying that flashing these unbranded ROMs will void your warranty and may even brick your device. The source for these is unknown so be careful

edit: they seem legit

Guest Sebastian404

B886 has some interesting usernames and passwords with it.... not sure thats and 'offical' release at all

Guest bumps

i think they are just accounts to use for test purposes but it def looks like an internal test rom of some sort

Edited by bumps

Guest hecatae

B886 has some interesting usernames and passwords with it.... not sure thats and 'offical' release at all

B886 also has a lockscreen bug