Original factory ROMs from Huawei

Guest Simon O

Guest Davidoff59

what's the lockscreen bug. Mine was freezing at the lockscreen and was extremely difficult to get past it, battery pull made no difference, still froze at lockscreen upon reboot. Using debranded rom that was so thought it was hardware issues. Buttons lighting up when they felt like it also, ie would not light when I pressed the button although the button haptic feedback would work and the button action worked, sometimes.

Guest MrPuddington

uploaded b886 to multi-upload here: http://www.multiuplo...o.uk/WOADN56Z0F

Did anybody try it? Does it work? I am tempted to give ICS a try - it works quite nicely on my TouchPad, and it is a big step forward.

PS: I think was understanding this wrong, so b886 is not actually ICS?

Edited by MrPuddington

Guest bumps

I've been using b886 since last night no problems with it at all . Been testing the lights on the 3 bottom buttons its the light sensor stopping them coming on if you cover the top with your finger I.e. making it "dark" they always come on nothing to do with the lockscreen like I first thought

Guest FrankieADZ

I've been using b886 since last night no problems with it at all . Been testing the lights on the 3 bottom buttons its the light sensor stopping them coming on if you cover the top with your finger I.e. making it "dark" they always come on nothing to do with the lockscreen like I first thought

thats good to know :)

what do ppl think about the B886?

got me wondering if it was from the review models..or is it the early fix rom(unfinished) for the sound issue.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

it seems the three buttons press will always force the update.app to run from the dload folder in the root of the SD card.

try newer b884 rom for a debranded Hauwei sytle rom

try the DEMOb886 rom for a more stock style android rom

both b884 and b886 seem to have fixed the speaker issue

I have personally rooted and clockworkmodded both b884 and b886 without problems, the three button update method still works after root and CWM so looks like easy to return to stock b884 or b886 or the vodarom lol... I also made the cwm backup of voda rom before i played with newer roms

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I;m running b884 as it seems to have more apps in it and less buggy, b886 sometimes was really laggy, but improved after reset / cach wipe

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest feckineejit

http://www.uloz.to/x...r001c00b884-rar

found b884

and b886 is here http://www.uloz.to/x...001c185b886-rar

slow servers, will be re-uploading both to faster servers

uploaded b884 to multi-upload here: http://www.multiuplo...o.uk/H96DGK3954

uploaded b886 to multi-upload here: http://www.multiuplo...o.uk/WOADN56Z0F

Do these revert back to Original factory roms but with the sound fixed?

Guest feckineejit

I don't know what i done with my phone, i cant get it to install original factory rom, i followed the instructions on the first page but just keep getting a pink screen, any ideas ppl? when i try to restore to my nandroid backup i just get the phone rebooting into CWR

:unsure:

Edited by feckineejit

Guest paulus22

I plan to install B886, but without root and CWM is it possible to do a backup (no titanium either) for an easy revert should I later wish to? I am expecting to lose my apps, there are only a few so no big deal, but if they could be recovered into the new version that would be a bonus.

Guest The Silent Man

There's no ringer volume dumping so far. Three buttons are better calibrated in 886. In previous version I had to press a little bit above the buttons...now it's ok.

Guest bumps

yeah the bottom buttons do seem more responsive in 886. you would sometimes have to press a few times on stock voda

Guest paulus22

I installed 886 and restored all of my applications (more than 20) with huawei backup app.

Where will I find the Huawei backup app?

Guest Simon O

Alas, I am coming from the stock (B882) ROM, so do I not have a backup app?

If someone can extract the app from the newer roms it may work on B882

Guest paulus22

Don't worry, will create a clean B866. At least then there is no danger of any of the voda junk apps finding tgheir way across.

Guest dragpyre

I'm running the B866 ROM, no lockscreen bugs, seems faster, volume is so loud its now making the phone vibrate XD.

Rooted it using Paul's method on Windows 7 x64 Pro, Windows update found the fastboot drivers, so I just used the .bat to do it!

Thank you to the Modaco community!

Only thing I'm waiting for now is for Specialize to give me the NCK code for my phone tomorrow morning! :D

Guest alhimyaa

I was wondering whether you are still able to receive any official future updates for fixes to the volume or ICS if you are using the B866 Rom?

Guest dragpyre

I was wondering whether you are still able to receive any official future updates for fixes to the volume or ICS if you are using the B866 Rom?

The OTA update will be done no matter what, Vodafone or your provider have to give it to you. You are still using an official Huawei ROM. The reviewers who have this ROM for their demos/reviews will obviously need the ICS update for their next reviews :)!

Huawei might also post it on their site, they did with the stock ROM for the U8510.

You could always wait for it, and I'm sure someone in this great community will have pulled the stock ROM ready for fastboot/recovery installation!

More than likely Seb! XD

Edited by dragpyre

Guest alhimyaa

The OTA update will be done no matter what, Vodafone or your provider have to give it to you. You are still using an official Huawei ROM. The reviewers who have this ROM for their demos/reviews will obviously need the ICS update for their next reviews :)!

Huawei might also post it on their site, they did with the stock ROM for the U8510.

You could always wait for it, and I'm sure someone in this great community will have pulled the stock ROM ready for fastboot/recovery installation!

More than likely Seb! XD

Thanks, i seem to have a few bugs now that I have come back to this original factory rom. Sometimes the logos at the bottom would be misplaced, i.e. dialer or messaging being apart and needing to scroll through shortcuts at the bottom to make them visible. And also noticed today in the menu that a folder i created had two copies below the home and edit menu button, they were not accessible, just shadow like, doing nothing. A restart of the phone usually gets rid of them but not sure why this is happening. Just to confirm, the ota updates, will they restore any potential differences in the codes between the real rom and these original factory roms (i know they are meant to be the same anyway but just confused why these problems occurred now and not before).

Also, which website do they announce stuff about this phone from, their main website had nothing about phones from what i saw. Or maybe i missed it :/