"Wi-Fi disconnected"

Guest bananas33

Guest bananas33

My biggest problem with this phone is the popup when leaving wi-fi coverage:

Wi-Fi disconnected

Continuing Internet access will lead to traffic. Continue?

This regularly happens unseen behind the lock screen leaving me disconnected.

It looks identical to this topic: http://android.modac...affic-continue/ and I guess the fix would be the same, alter the setting in build.prop, but that's root write only and I'm trying to avoid rooting the thing.

Is there any alternative, like a trusted app which could toggle the ro.config.hw_new_wifitopdp value without risking the warranty?

Guest bananas33

Fair enough, but I assume it would be possible for Huawei to make such an app, if suitably pressured... Or perhaps one of the devs.

I've no idea how this works in android - like would it need to be a setuid root binary? And if so how to get something like that to run - probably needs root too right?

Guest dbaseii

Is there a way to let the wifi stay on even when the screen is locked as it doesnt sync emails when its in this state

Guest Frankish
Is there a way to let the wifi stay on even when the screen is locked as it doesnt sync emails when its in this state

Go into wifi settings and press menu. Then advanced. Set wifi sleep policy to never. Surely that works?

Guest dbaseii

Go into wifi settings and press menu. Then advanced. Set wifi sleep policy to never. Surely that works?

dammit, i always forget the advanced menu

Guest EddyC01

I have just been searching my build.prop and can't see "ro.config.hw_new_wifitopdp" anywhere in there, am I just blind or is it not there?

Guest bananas33

Yes, that variable isn't in mine, but there's a similar one:

# DTS2010090602461 kange159607 20100906 begin

ro.config.hw_RemindWifiToPdp=true

# DTS2010090602461 kange159607 20100906 end

which seems to be the right name - sorry, I didn't check when I copied from the other topic :blush:

The problem remains the same though: no root so can't change the value.

Guest EddyC01

Yes, that variable isn't in mine, but there's a similar one:

# DTS2010090602461 kange159607 20100906 begin

# DTS2010090602461 kange159607 20100906 end

which seems to be the right name - sorry, I didn't check when I copied from the other topic :blush:

The problem remains the same though: no root so can't change the value.

Ah good spot!

I can confirm that changing this setting to "false" does indeed disable that really annoying popup when you switch between WIFI and mobile data.

Thanks!

Guest bananas33

Good point, thanks.

I saw this recently: http://www.modaco.co...t/#entry1947148 suggesting that the SuperSU app can do it, if that's right I'll give it a go, although with my luck it'll probably fail just after I've rooted and I'll get refused a warranty repair/replacement.

Edited by bananas33

Guest Frankish

If it "fails" you can just flash vodafone stock rom. Unless it fails to a point it wont switch on...where they couldn't tell its rooted anyway.

Guest bananas33

You'd hope so, but this is more or less the argument I'm having over a stone dead OSF right now - 'they' claim to have found 'unauthorised software' on it and won't repair under warranty, so I'm trying to avoid ending up in the same position.

Guest bananas33

Would it still need to show as connected via USB? I thought the OSF was similarly robust, but once it'd stopped working it didn't show at all so I couldn't try any kind of clean up.

• 1 year later...
Guest highlandbuck

I can confirm that altering build.prop 100% worked.

I used this guide to root and it only took 5 minutes and no need to unlock bootloader which is EXCELLENT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2290610

Then I just used ES File Explorer, mounted system as R/W, browsed to Root>System, opened build.prop with file explorer's own built-in text editor and looked for this line, it's about two thirds down the entire list:

ro.config.hw_GSensorOptimize=true

ro.config.hw_proximity=true

ro.config.hw_menu_unlockscreen=false

ro.config.hw_lockscreen=true

ro.config.hwft_PinPukUnlockscr=true

ro.config.xtra_support=true

Change it to "false":

ro.config.hw_GSensorOptimize=true

ro.config.hw_proximity=true

ro.config.hw_menu_unlockscreen=false

ro.config.hw_RemindWifiToPdp=false

ro.config.hw_lockscreen=true

ro.config.hwft_PinPukUnlockscr=true

ro.config.xtra_support=true

I also changed this line which is not far from the end of the list:

ro.config.hw_battery_percent=true

because I like the battery percentage next to the battery icon.

Hope this helped!