• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bootloader

11 posts in this topic

Posted

My HTC One X AT&T model is, I believe, a retail spec unit, yet I get the 'MID error' when trying to unlock on HTCdev, which as I understand it is 'you're not allowed to unlock devices from this carrier'.

Have you managed to unlock your device? Rogers devices unlock I believe, but i'm trying to get a report of a AT&T retail device unlocking!

Mine is running software version 1.73.502.1, hboot version 1.09.0000 (locked, S-ON obviously).

I hope it's just mine!

P

Posted (edited)

WTF, sorry to be a little off topic, but as i own a One X european edition, i am angry at HTC for restricting flashing boot.img from recovery, and usb access (adb and mount storage)

but if wouldn't be at least able to do the S-ON Unlock i would not buy the device or bring it back 100% sure!

Edited by endursa

Posted

Yeah, indeed! Hopefully it's limited to just early units...!

P

Posted

I can confirm that the Rogers unit on the same HBOOT version is unlockable!

Posted

I think it must be CID related...

P

Posted (edited)

Paul,

I also got an MID error for my review unit. That means either:

A) HTC blocked review units from the unlock program.

B) The AT&T one isn't available for unlock yet

I'm leaning towards "A" since the Rogers ones already unlocked.

On a side note, could you give the exact commands you used to extract and repack the boot.img from the Endeavor? We've been trying to unpack and repack a boot.img for the Evita one and we're having no success with flashing.

Thanks,

Kenneth

Edited by Kenneth Pennington

Posted

The Endeavor and Evita boot images are completely different and incompatible.

P

Posted

The Endeavor and Evita boot images are completely different and incompatible.

P

Yeah we know that. But, we were thinking you can probably use the same commands to unpack and repack the two. How did you unpack and repack the Endeavor boot.img? Which perl scripts, etc?

Posted

You can't use the same commands to unpack / repack them.

I'll grab an Evita boot image today and make it insecure then post here for you to try.

P

Posted

Here's a test superboot image folks!

P

Posted

Here's a test superboot image folks!

P

Paul, are you willing to share the commands you used to unpack and repack this boot img?