[Tool][Linux] ZTE Porting Tool [Update: v5.0 - 29.07.12]

Guest XMasterNinni

Guest XMasterNinni

Mehhh.....i can't get Fish'N'Chips booting...

There must be a way, because sacat did it succesfully...

Could you please have a look in your Port.zip?

Look if there is anything right in the structure...

I hope that doesn't depend on the new version. :/

Edit: Just figured out the error...there's a download error on the Skatie ROM.

You can choose Method B and obtain a 2.3.5 ROM yourself...

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest XMasterNinni

Hi

XMasterNinni

Great work. I'll try. I am about to install ubuntu. <_<

I'm curious. Ubuntu and I? That is funny. :D

Thanks man

Gruß aus Graz

Des kriagsch scho hin!

Gruß aus Innsbruck

-------------------------------

I'm currently uploading all ROMs to my own server to avoid DL Errors!

Guest sacat

yes i port fnc_rls7_sf2 with no problem. My skate is a staraddict.

after porting you'll have meta-inf, system and boot.img( size file = 3 725 312 B)

It's depend on rom you port, you can replace the new system/lib/dhd.ko by the skatie's one directly in your zip file

Guest razzmataz1478

The fnc i dl'ed had a data folder and another file in the original zip, so i included them as well as the system,meta-inf, and kernel

I used method b

Guest Viento del Sur

Hello, I need help.

I have ported blade-lg-mode (2.3.5) to skate. All very well, but Wi-Fi and Bluetooth do not work. I have reviewed the files in /system/wifi, libs, etc, but I do not know which copy ...

Any help?

I used PortingTool v3 and skatie 1.0 base rom (Method A)

See log attach [in method B]

Thx!

milog.txt

Edited by Viento del Sur

Guest XMasterNinni

Do you have the Android SDK installed?

If yes, open ddms (or adb logcat) and filter out the errors while pressing the WiFi Button on your mobile...

It should show you, what libs/bins you're missing.

You could also ask sacat or muhahahaah, they both fixed WiFi on their ported ROMs.

Bluetooth will be more tricky...I think you have to change things in the frameworks to get it working.

Look here:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/19262-protip-getting-data-working-on-that-epic-port-you-just-did/

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest Viento del Sur

Do you have the Android SDK installed?

If yes, open ddms (or adb logcat) and filter out the errors while pressing the WiFi Button on your mobile...

It should show you, what libs/bins you're missing.

You could also ask sacat or muhahahaah, they both fixed WiFi on their ported ROMs.

Bluetooth will be more tricky...I think you have to change things in the frameworks to get it working.

Look here:

http://rootzwiki.com...t-you-just-did/

Don't know how to use sdk ...

I looked at the link and I've done some tests but does not work....

This is more difficult than I thought ... although it is a shame because the rom works.

Thanks anyway

Guest XMasterNinni

Well,

without the SDK you might be never able to fix these stuff...

It really isn't that hard. Download the SDK Installer, run it, install the Drivers and doubleclick on /tools/ddms.

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest sacat

can you give me a link at this blade lg-rom ?

some rom (like joyos or miui) have the structure different of skatie rom and i dont't succeed to port them.

wich skate phone is it?

have you read the post before?

"porting 2.3.5 works but remember to replace the good drivers directly in the port.zip with winrar for example : this files are (in /portingtool/.../base rom/skatie)

bin/BCM2070B0_002.001.032.0518.0520.hcd

etc/wifi/wpa-supplicant.conf (for my isp wifi freewifi-secure)

etc/BCM2070B0_002.001.032.0518.0520.hcd

etc/fw_4319.bin, fw_4319_apsta.bin, fw_4329.bin, fw_4329_apsta.bin , init.wlanprop.sh ,nv_4319.txt , nv_4329.txt , test_4319.bin and test_4329.bin (this files are drivers for my skate, perhaps in other skates not this drivers)

lib/dhd.ko"

you have to replace your new rom's file by the file of skatie's rom

Guest Viento del Sur

@ sacat

Thanks for your help.

I have a skate "orange montecarlo" from Spain. Roms as H3blues, atomicICS or skatie run very well.

Blade-LG-Mode is based on Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9-Undervolt-Kernel (Android 2.3.5)

This is the link: http://www.modaco.co...112/page__hl__% 20lg

Doing what you indicate in your post,

bin/BCM2070B0_002.001.032.0518.0520.hcd

etc/wifi/wpa-supplicant.conf (for my isp wifi freewifi-secure)

etc/BCM2070B0_002.001.032.0518.0520.hcd

etc/fw_4319.bin, fw_4319_apsta.bin, fw_4329.bin, fw_4329_apsta.bin , init.wlanprop.sh ,nv_4319.txt , nv_4329.txt , test_4319.bin and test_4329.bin (this files are drivers for my skate, perhaps in other skates not this drivers)

lib/dhd.ko

I managed to work the bluetooth ..!! (confused!) I think that's for init.wlanprop.sh perhaps.

Base rom has no system/wifi but yes the ported rom... I haven't deleted.

Have I missed some step?

Very thx!

Guest sacat

ok i see

This rom is like joyos or miui rom : there is a directory system/wifi (with atheros drivers for wifi ?) in this rom but not in skatie rom. This is not the same structure.

i didn't succeed to port this rom.

what you can do is to take for base rom an other rom than skatie, a skate rom wich contains this system/wifi directory : update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-v9-signed.zip is one of them.

I'm still searching which files i have to replace.

Guest Viento del Sur

I keep trying it this weekend. Maybe it's worth one more try...

Top secret: I have also tried to port the legendary blademix 360; for me the very best.. but same bugs, wifi and blutth. :wacko:

(Yes yes, I know it is 2.3.4 but the author have made a strange mix with 2.3.5, and i can boot perfectly in my montecarlo from portingtool)

I will work with both.Same problem, same solution

We are in contact

Guest XMasterNinni

Right. ;)

You DEFINITELY have to ask muhahahaah, as he's currently working on a Blade Mix 360 Port and fixed WiFi...

Guest XMasterNinni

Hi guys, I've got good news.

To make it short: With next version EVERYTHING on the Port (RIL, BT, WiFi...) will work out the box.

Furthermore I'll probably add a batch resizer, so you can also port from Devices with different Resolution!

Guest sacat

ho yes good news

i still searching to port rom like blade_lg mode or joyos , i mean rom with atheros wifi and directory system/wifi. I can't.

I hope the next version will do it

thx

Guest sacat

hi Xmasterninni

i think you have take a look at muhahahaah 's port rom skatemix365, (wifi and btooth works)

do you plan to update zte portingtool to make blade's rom with atheros drivers (in system/wifi) working ?

Guest muhahahaah

hi Xmasterninni

i think you have take a look at muhahahaah 's port rom skatemix365, (wifi and btooth works)

do you plan to update zte portingtool to make blade's rom with atheros drivers (in system/wifi) working ?

I gave him my internal changelog (what files I changed), that's why in the next version everything will work out of the box.

Guest sacat

hoooo if you do that you'll give to all of us a fantastic tool. Everybody will be able to port his rom.

All the android community, all the world is looking at you making backflips lol

Your next job, if you accept it, will be to make some "zte porting tool kitchen" like skatie's update kitchen to cook rom. :D