MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

MoDaCo Custom ROM Gr2 for the Huawei U8815 / G300 (B888) - New: PartitionSwap

175 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just a quick thanks for this rom - I got the handset a few weeks ago and this site has been my introduction to rooting and flashing it.

So I've subscribed, partly to say thank you and partly to enjoy the rom kitchen :)

Baking and installing a rom that excludes the app for my pet hate, Facebook (and of course dropping the Vodafone bloatware) makes it worth every penny! Thank you!

Posted · Report post

Hi! can someone please tell me if the Gr2 ROM har the volume issue fixed? Is the sound like on a ICS rom or is it still low , like when i bought my phone from vodafone? thenk you

Posted (edited) · Report post

[quote name='Umrtvovacz' timestamp='1344153066' post='2001008']
AnTuTu Benchmark score, Paul's GR2, supercharged, with Holo launcher: [b]3012[/b]. Will post screen if requested.

Amazing, thanks a lot Paul!
[/quote]

3089 here with Go Launcher nothing else no overclock or supercharging :)

ETA: Cannot attach to WIFI network though since the 'sidegrade' - Tries to connect to existing networks then goes to disconnected/failed, this is on previously working networks, also retried resetting the credentials.

I may have to go back to stock as I cannot have the phone without WIFI - Do I just perform a full restore via CWM of the backup I performed before applying the prebake?

ETA2: Well completed a CWM restore and that was fine, however WIFI still refuses to attach :( works on a blackberry and a laptop still just not the G300 (which was perfectly attached before the sidegrade) - Phone can still see networks out there..

ETA3: Hmm, not WIFI in the phone as a colleague has a MIFI connection which I could connect to. Will have to try more tests tomorrow but looks like for some very odd reason I can no longer attach to the work WIFI when I could before changing to this ROM and I still can on a BB and a Laptop? Edited by Hoggonator

Posted · Report post

Any screenshots of this mod or does it simply look like stock but with more options?

Posted · Report post

Is there going to be an ICS Modaco ROM? I see bits of info here and there, but not sure if it exists or not.

Posted · Report post

im sure its just me being stupid but ive been using this rom for a while and its been great although im trying to take the plunge and go ICS. Every upgrade i try from my old baseband fails. Is that because ive got htis rom installed? and if so how do i get back to something that will let me do it?

Thanks

Andy

Posted · Report post

Are the custom roms easy to make, because ive just cooked a custom rom using Paul's Online Kitchen and am not sure what to do next

Posted · Report post

next should be test....... for selected users or ur self.....

Posted · Report post

sorry, but i have no idea what im doing here

Ive cooked the custom rom, what now?

Posted · Report post

Right, ive finished the custom rom and im trying to test it out on the android emulator, how can i do this

[quote name='Craigy1892' timestamp='1354288156' post='2060648']
Right, ive finished the custom rom and im trying to test it out on the android emulator, how can i do this
[/quote]

Have you seen this?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/357243-explained-like-youre-5-install-custom-roms-from-scratch-install-the-official-ics-update-root-more/

You will probably find it really helpful.

Read it and understand it. Google the words you don't understand.

Have you rooted your phone? Edited by intensedarkness

Edit. Edited by Oresteso

Posted · Report post

Hi

I recently uploaded my custom rom and would like to know what i have to do to it

the link is here: [url="http://rapidshare.com/files/3704562257/ReGen%201.0.zip"]http://rapidshare.com/files/3704562257/ReGen%201.0.zip[/url]

If anyone can extract it and check it for me, i will be very grateful

Thanks Craigy1892

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Craigy1892' timestamp='1354363884' post='2060895']
Hi

I recently uploaded my custom rom and would like to know what i have to do to it

the link is here: [url="http://rapidshare.com/files/3704562257/ReGen%201.0.zip"]http://rapidshare.co...7/ReGen 1.0.zip[/url]

If anyone can extract it and check it for me, i will be very grateful

Thanks Craigy1892
[/quote]

http://www.modaco.com/topic/357243-explained-like-youre-5-install-custom-roms-from-scratch-install-the-official-ics-update-root-more/

Posted · Report post

hello, my phone allways reboot itself 3-4 time every day, do you have this problem??
I try CM9 r5, galaxy S3, jelly bean sandwich B3 all rom have this problem.
When i was stock huawei 2.3 rom I dont have this problem.
I dont have sd card in the phone.

Posted · Report post

Ok I have finally got my internet connection back

I just wanna ask is there any way to get to this rom from 4.0.3 (B936)
-I was stupid and just flashed this rom but then my IMEI was lost (baseband was unknown), I panicked a little and then I updated back to ICS and everything was back in normaln but I stil want to go back to GB (this rom for example)
-I tried (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fHCqgv3Erj-IOAHssv20sxVMaphQJiVr3hebq9oQHNo/edit?pli=1) but it didnt worked (cant restore fake IMEI)
-I tried doing the official way (downgraded somehow from 944 to 936 and used official tool for downgrading but update failed every time)

I really dont know what to do anymore, so please help me

Posted · Report post

Now I am on stock GB rom (B895) and I have root
How to install this ROM and can I install it anyway ?

Do I have have to just install CWM and flash this rom?

Posted · Report post

Explain me something please: can I acces the internal card of the phone?, because I don't seem to find it. I can only access the sd card.

Posted · Report post

I've got a case of missing toggles from notifications pull-down menu. Is this normal? If not, what might be the cause?

baseband : 109808

Posted · Report post

I'm a newbie in android things...but I still want to put this ROM on my Huawei. Unfortunately I got stuck on choosing the right ClockworkMod file from the link you posted on the first page. Sebastian404's post sends me here [url="http://android.podtwo.com/recovery.php?device=hwu8815"]http://android.podtwo.com/recovery.php?device=hwu8815[/url] but as you can see there are several files... As I don't have any recovery installed yet, I should go with "fastboot method", so no zip file. Still, there are several choices and I can't tell which one is for me.
Please guide me. Thank you,

Posted · Report post

I live in portugal. It won't detect my network provider (vodafone) and it wont let me select in manually (says error) so it's of no use to me like this... someone please help!

Posted · Report post

probably you are on 2030 baseband , search forum for ics to gb patch , install right after rom install .Or try ics roms or jb .

Posted · Report post

How's the performance of this ROM? Does swap work? Is it noticeable performance-wise?

Thanks!

Hi 

I've searched the forums and had no luck.

I can't get the Sim Tool Kit (STK) to work with this rom. I had an icon for it but when I clicked it there was a warning message that the app could not be found and the icon vanished.

I downloaded a zip from another forum that claimed to be the apps from the stock rom, unzipped it to find the individual apps then tried flashing the STK zip from Clockwork Mod but although there was no error message or warning when I ran this, there is still no sign of the app.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what steps I can take to debug this problem and fix this? Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Edit: just tried with the flashlable SIM Toolkit zip from here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/362662-stock-appsmods-for-the-g300/

Still no joy. There's no icon and it doesn't show as being installed under Settings / Manage Applications  

Edited by timhardy

Posted · Report post

hy,

sorry to dig up old post but i have a little problem ...

the online kitchen is down and has been for a wile now(if been trying to get a custom rom with partition swap...) any ideea if it will be back in the future ?