The BEST Launcher

Guest i am not a hacker

Guest i am not a hacker

Hello!

There are now many launchers available for our beloved San Diegos, from the Eye-candy launchers such as SPB-Shell 3D, to the simple Zeam Launcher.

Which one do you think is the best? There are some exclusive to ICS such as Nova and Apex which seem to be popular.

You vote!

Let's find out!

Personally I prefer GO Launcher EX, but I am going to try out Nova launcher and Apex.

Feel free to comment why and add any others.

Edited by i am not a hacker

Guest Davidoff59

I was using launcher 360 for ages but don't like their direction with the latest updates so removed today and using stock launcher

Guest FrankieADZ

LauncherPro for me, even tho I prefer the customization of other launchers like GO and ADW; I find them not to be as fast & stable for me.

if LauncherPro had the customizations found in some other it would be prefect imo :)

Guest Weezle

I currently use ADW Launcher because it was integrated into the CM7 ROM I am using and it does what I need it to, previously I used GO Launcher which I found to be usable and had some nice customizable features, if not a little resourch hungry for what it was (although that is perhaps in part due to the stock OSF ROM being a tad bloated and clunky).

I would try some others but tbh what I have fits my needs and as an engineer I am inherently lazy ;-)

Guest i am not a hacker

Why LauncherPro? It is just as smooth as GO Launcher EX, but GO has more features and is being updated more often. Is it the widgets because GO Launcher has sense style widgets too?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FrankieADZ

found another another Launcher called Holo.

not currently on the store, its on Xda and is in beta 6 stage but its really very good and worth a try imo :)

Guest i am not a hacker

Could someone explain why they use LauncherPro? I moved from it after a year of usage due to lack of updates. I moved to GOLauncher EX and it's better in every aspect. For the HTC widgets, use GO widgets with HTC widget theme or transparency theme.

Guest bladebuddy
Could someone explain why they use LauncherPro? I moved from it after a year of usage due to lack of updates. I moved to GOLauncher EX and it's better in every aspect. For the HTC widgets, use GO widgets with HTC widget theme or transparency theme.

Try running it with the v6 super charger scripts over on xda and you will soon see why ?:D

Edit On a second thought, you only need to update you're launcher if it needs updating if it does the job faster and more fluently then most then there is no need.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest Trenchy

Just moved from GoLauncher to ADW. GoLauncher was getting a little too feature rich for my simple needs and hitting the performance of my Blade. Last update in particular introduced some massive lag issues going to/from the home screen. Also, I could never find a way of stopping JUST the desktop from rotating!

It's a shame, as I do miss the theme I had on there and liked the feature that shrank down the icons and placed them on little tiles so that everything looked custom but you didn't need to wait for an updated icon set.

Guest ColdEmbrace

Just moved from GoLauncher to ADW. GoLauncher was getting a little too feature rich for my simple needs and hitting the performance of my Blade.

I moved away for the exact same reason. I'd use Zeam if I could have just 5 icons on my dock that were a little larger.