• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Add new languages / Customise app menu

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi, I was wondering if you are able to add languages to this phone. In my case, i would need arabic. Does not have to be for the menu, etc. Just to read texts mainly. If anybody has come across a decent app, any advice would be appreciate.

Also, is there anyway i could sort my apps in alphabetical order without using a new launcher? For example, using software on my pc. Manually doing it on the phone takes too long :(

Posted · Report post

Not really possible I'm sorry. Arabic needs to be compiled into the OS when built by Huawei as it needs additional code to support right to left fonts. As this will increase the size of system applications it's not normally done (operators usually only build a ROM with the languages required by the network. So far the released ROMs only have Latin-based European languages). You only have two options really.. either wait for Huawei to release an Arabic ROM (which will only happen if a mobile operator in an Arabic-speaking country takes the phone), or wait for somebody to build a replacement ROM completely from source. Both options won't be quick really.

Posted · Report post

Ok thanks for that :)

Posted · Report post

Try "More Locale 2" from Google Play Store.

Posted · Report post

Wow... thanks very much, works brilliantly so far :)

Posted · Report post

It has actually started to slow my phone down so i removed it but the language options are still there. How do i completely remove apps from a phone? Seems like there is some stuff being kept for each app i uninstall.

Posted · Report post

You will need a root browser and delete what's been left begone. Make sure that you know what you are deleting first or you could find that your phone no longer works.

Posted · Report post

I performed a factory data reset which seemed to do the trick. For future reference, how should i uninstall the apps to make sure everything from that app is deleted?

Posted · Report post

Wow, took some searching to find this thread! I've fresh installed my phone to sell to a monolingual Arabic language speaker (due to G600 upgrade) so I hope this doesn't slow it down for them after time like Alhimyaa found

Posted (edited) · Report post

edit: nvm, didnt see this topic is that old

Edited by y4ss1n