Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Guest Ash.UK
No. Titanium backup pro has the option and I think I read that es file explorer has the option to frreze. Force closing it will probably make it restart immediately as its a system app. Freezing will stop it starting at all but its always there if you want to defrost it again.

Thanks but will i need a rooted phone as mine is not?

Guest mangoben

Quick question:

If like me, you don't have a Micro SD card on your device, what's the best method to backup all my apps/contacts/msgs from the phone?

I'm on the official Vodafone B885 rom atm, and trying to update to the official B892 isn't working cos of an error (presumably due to rooting).

Before I try sorting this out I wanted to backup my stuff, and not quite sure how to go about it. I am a proper noob with this stuff (though managed rooting it OK via Paul's method when I first got the phone. This was my first smartphone so it really is in at the deep end!

Presumably I need to connect it up via USB to my laptop and copy over, but how would I know which bits to copy?

Guest glorifiedg

I'm really pissed off with this phone arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

every now and then a app freezes the g300 and I have to take of the battery for him to reboot.

The thing is: every time this happens, after I take the battery off, the phone completely wipes all of my apps!!!

Is there a solution for this?! Im getting crazy about it x/

Edited by glorifiedg

Guest droiddruid

Which Rom are you using?

Which apps are causing the problem?

I had this happen a few times on stock B885 but never since moving away from that Rom.

Guest Prog_Drummer

Quick question:

If like me, you don't have a Micro SD card on your device, what's the best method to backup all my apps/contacts/msgs from the phone?

I'm on the official Vodafone B885 rom atm, and trying to update to the official B892 isn't working cos of an error (presumably due to rooting).

Before I try sorting this out I wanted to backup my stuff, and not quite sure how to go about it. I am a proper noob with this stuff (though managed rooting it OK via Paul's method when I first got the phone. This was my first smartphone so it really is in at the deep end!

Presumably I need to connect it up via USB to my laptop and copy over, but how would I know which bits to copy?

I used Hisuite which back's up to your pc

http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/mini/201105239635/hi_suite_en/

Guest glorifiedg

Which Rom are you using?

Which apps are causing the problem?

I had this happen a few times on stock B885 but never since moving away from that Rom.

Stock 927. It's the 5th time now. :S

It happens randomly, sometimes with Ndrive, then with Gplay, then with browser. It's really random.

Guest Colossae3.23

If you buy from Voda it most probably will be locked. If you buy from the high street, you may find that they will give you a free unlock code, if you ask. Many people have done this and succeeded, but not all. Sometimes they'll want to charge you for it (up to £20 in some cases). I bought mine from their website and then purchased an unlock code off ebay for £10. But, I believe there is someone on ebay that is selling the codes now for around a fiver.

Flashing a rom, has no effect whatsoever on the lock or unlock. Totally different thing.

Also there is a thread dedicated to this issue, on this forum.

Hope that helps

Guest Hoggonator

Hi

I am new to this phone, I have routed an Orange SF for my wife in the past, but followed pretty simplistic instructions for that :) I have read through some of these threads but what I cannot see is a simple list of the available ROMs in one post that state what they address, benefits, level of stability, if they are official and any other quirks associated. I know it is a liberty but would anyone be prepared to produce a simple list please? I have a phone turning up today and cannot decide to go for B886, B888 or another one. I think that B886 is the simple let's fix the volume ROM but I have seen other comments around fixing responsiveness of the keys within other ROMs and other plus's. The information is all out there I know just spread over a few threads and a definitive overview would really help me - Thanks in advance all, this is a great forum.

Guest pelago

I agree that a good summary thread (or a wiki page - does Modaco have a wiki?) would be excellent. In the meantime, I recommended using the OTA upgrade to B892 - ignore B886 or B888.

Guest Hoggonator

Thanks for the reply :)

How does one trigger an over the air upgrade if you are not on Vodaphone (I will be slipping a GifGaf sim in once I have checked if the phone is unlocked/get it unlocked).

As an aside, can anyone reccomend a reputable, and responsive, eBay vendor of unlock codes pretty please incase the phone comes locked?

Guest pelago

The OTA upgrades will still work even if you're not connected to a Vodaphone network, as long as you have some kind of Internet connectivity. The updates will still "think" you have a Vodaphone phone, but that doesn't matter (other than the bloatware).

Guest Hoggonator

Cheers mate, seems like a good seller - just need the phone to turn up now! Vodaphone shipping states between 17:09 and 18:09!

Guest Hoggonator

Well, I have the phone, it was locked :( unlock code has been ordered so need to wait for that now.

Is there a list anywhere if bloatware that it is safe to remove to stop future OTA borking? Just done the OTA update to 892 via WIFI

Edited by Hoggonator

Guest Hogweed

Any future Voda update could update anything and if it finds it is not there it falls over. Unfortunately not predictable in advance. That's why I keep a backup of an unmolested Voda config so I can restore if needed.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest PACOSH

hey guys,

got this problem: while trying to install clockworkmode recovery (the same happens with superrecovery by paul), i have this message coming up in terminal(ubuntu) and same in cmd(winxp):

pacosh@pacosh-Comp:~/Desktop/cwm$ sudo ./install-cwmrecovery-linux.sh

sending 'recovery' (5212 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

dunno what to do, messing with it 4 hours already.. chmod applied, usb in the right mode etc.. anyone has an idea??

thx

Guest schkinx

hey guys,

got this problem: while trying to install clockworkmode recovery (the same happens with superrecovery by paul), i have this message coming up in terminal(ubuntu) and same in cmd(winxp):

dunno what to do, messing with it 4 hours already.. chmod applied, usb in the right mode etc.. anyone has an idea??

thx

i cant remember how i did it exactly , try extracting all files to the home folder and then try it

Guest PACOSH

i cant remember how i did it exactly , try extracting all files to the home folder and then try it

thats what i did, i dont think its related to pc/files location, there is some problem with writing permission or ??

Guest mr_mufy

HOw can i backup all my stck rom without install de CMW?

If I install the CMW and do the backup the menu recovery isn't the origin right? will be the CMW.

CAn some one explain to me?!

Thanks for this info.

The phone it's great, but the SW please... my San francisco it's more quiker.

I'm waithing for some dev rom, to give a blast to this hardware phone.

Guest Hogweed

hey guys,

thx

What version are you trying to install? You will get that error if you try to install a new recovery in B926/B927 ICS ROMs. You need to unlock the bootloader first. Follow instructions here http://www.modaco.com/topic/355583-guide-how-to-install-ics-403-b926/

This really should be at the top of the thread. Perhaps Frankish could edit it in.

Guest Hogweed

HOw can i backup all my stck rom without install de CMW?

If I install the CMW and do the backup the menu recovery isn't the origin right? will be the CMW.

CAn some one explain to me?!

Thanks for this info.

The phone it's great, but the SW please... my San francisco it's more quiker.

I'm waithing for some dev rom, to give a blast to this hardware phone.

You can always reinstalll standard recovery by flashing it again over CWM Recovery. For Gingerbread ROMs have a look at Atomicmod (heavily customised) and Modaco Gr2 (optimised version of stock UK Vodafone). Find both in the forums. For ICS, Infusion and soon Modaco Ir1. A build of Jelly Bean is being worked on.

All these above ROMs available in this forum.

Guest PACOSH

What version are you trying to install? You will get that error if you try to install a new recovery in B926/B927 ICS ROMs. You need to unlock the bootloader first. Follow instructions here http://www.modaco.co...l-ics-403-b926/

This really should be at the top of the thread. Perhaps Frankish could edit it in.

thank you.. i used this before already, but forgot the procedure and couldnt find it here again...