Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Guest Dellboy2012

On huawei official site there are stock firmwares gb and ics. Ics is given as dload folder and that is fine, but for gb there are bunch of folders that I don't have a clue how to use. Can anyone help?

C'mon guys, I know you just missed my post. I don't think it's that tough question for you experts.

Guest another13

Hello,

I'm new with the Huawei Ascend G300 and custom ROM.

Before following the steps you give, how can I fully backup the default (vodafone) ROM and app?

I can imagine I lost the warranty if I have any problem and do not restore the default ROM.

Thanks.

Guest tattiemunch

Ok so i managed to Install Infusion and everything was working fine, however I went to unlock the handset and no dice I have to install a stock ICS ROM...

trouble is i dont know how to do this, i tried downloading B926 and extracted the dload folder to the phones SD card, i went to storage to install update from sdcard but it said "The key data cannot be backed up thus the upgrade cannot proceed"...

I'm obviously missing something, tillza mentioned an update with CWM repack...

I dont know what this means or what the heck to do!

just use any rom that has a zip eg b926,b934,b936,b940 look for the zip roms repack i think or any other ics or uniffical and you will be able to unlock it.hope this helps run the zip ones in clockwork okay.have fun.

Guest tattiemunch

just use any rom that has a zip eg b926,b934,b936,b940 look for the zip roms repack i think or any other ics or uniffical and you will be able to unlock it.hope this helps run the zip ones in clockwork okay.have fun.

run the zip ones in clockwork? do you mean put the zip file on the SD card ?

Guest tattiemunch

didnt work, i put the zip file on the SD card (B940) it has a very long file name with % in it, tried to apply update from CWM and it aborted

do i have to rename the zip file 'update.zip' ?