Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Guest feckineejit

STEP 1. Pauls superrecovery folder has to be downloaded to computer. (i put it on desktop, its easier): http://loadbalancing...perrecovery.zip

STEP 2. Power off phone, Pull battery and disconnect usb cable.

STEP 3. Hold Vol- replace battery, then hold power on, when the phone vibrates let go off power button, keep holding vol- for about ten seconds, (logo will stay on screen) you will be in bootloader mode now.

STEP 4. Replace usb cable,

STEP 5. Go to paul's folder you downloaded and click on 'install-superrecovery-windows.bat' .

STEP 6. Follow any instructions if any come up, if not, Pull battery, and usb cable, (i'm on service pack 3 and got no instuctions)

STEP 7. Reinsert the battery, Hold Vol+ and power button, when the phone vibrates let go off the power button, after a few more seconds let go off the Vol+ button. The phone should now boot into clockwork, (there will be blue writing) push power off button, phone will reboot then you should be rooted, there will be a superuser icon in apps folder.

Hope thats not to complicated for you, as its the best way i can explain it, i'm no good with words :)

Edited by feckineejit

Guest eirlysbill1

thanks mate. Did all up to step 5 and I could't find the bat file. That's not slang for batch file is it? I found that but wasn't sure cause I was thinking every one was talking about a .bat file. Like a file extension name. If that's right then I need to keep up better :-) all the best

Guest FrankieADZ

thanks mate. Did all up to step 5 and I could't find the bat file. That's not slang for batch file is it? I found that but wasn't sure cause I was thinking every one was talking about a .bat file. Like a file extension name. If that's right then I need to keep up better :-) all the best

Yeah it is :)

Guest eirlysbill1

Guest FrankieADZ

Well just used the guide for my G300....works like a charm, Thanks...even tho I get heartbeating moments thinking its all going south

Guest davenew

Finally plucked up courage, and have successfully installed b886, rooted, and CWM'd. Only one slight snag, in that initially, the Win7 drivers did not install of their own accord when plugged in the USB cable in USB debugging mode, so had to install them manually from the phones driver folder in ordinary USB mode, after that, all went exactly as planned.

Thanks for making all this possible, and am now happy with the G300.

Guest eirlysbill1

Yeah it is :)

Yes it is, it should look like this:http://t1.gstatic.co...#39; />' /> it won't say test bat tho :) it will say "install_superrecovery_windows" :)

Thanks boys, that did it. My old phone was a blade, and it may surprise you to know that I had actually rooted it and had installed quite a few roms via clockwork.

My hangup was simply that .bat file, duh.

Thanks again for your help and very clear instructions

Ta

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest feckineejit

Thanks boys, that did it. My old phone was a blade, and it may surprise you to know that I had actually rooted it and had installed quite a few roms via clockwork.

My hangup was simply that .bat file, duh.

Thanks again for your help and very clear instructions

Ta

Glad to be off help :)

Guest eirlysbill1

hi its me again...

Just tried to install clockwork recovery as in the OP, but when I follow the steps, it hangs up in the dos command window with a message: <waiting on device>

If it helps when ever I boot into recovery (power & vol+) there is an image of box, arrow and a droid. Then after about a minute it changes and shows a triangle sign with and exclamation point in it. It then boots into recovery, but the controls are different (to make choice I have to use the power button and not the home button)

If it helps, the same warning triangle came up when I rooted the phone.

I backed out of it all, and the phone's fine, but I don't think this install actually did?

Cheers.... again :wacko:

Edited by eirlysbill1

Hi Frankish. I'm a Newbie so please bear with me.

I want to resolve the speaker/volume problem by installing the B886 ROM.

I’ve read most of the threads on the subject but can’t find answers:

1. Should I back-up the VF stock ROM before installing B886, and if so how?

2. If the update bombs out, how to I recover to the VF stock ROM?

3. Is the phone still unlocked after installing the ROM?

Thanks

Guest FrankieADZ

Thanks

the phone will still stay unlocked after applying the B886 ROM.

Guest Davidoff59

I notice that some have Installed the super recovery with Cwm directly instead of sticking with the stock recovery. Would it help if someone posted that modified file so that its easier for those that are having trouble installing Cwm?

Guest ovecka

I am getting the G300 directly from Vodafone tomorrow but I am not using Vodafone's SIM. Does flashing the B886 rom unlock the phone or I need to unlock it first (in case they actually ship it SIM locked here)? Thanks

Guest FrankieADZ

I am getting the G300 directly from Vodafone tomorrow but I am not using Vodafone's SIM. Does flashing the B886 rom unlock the phone or I need to unlock it first (in case they actually ship it SIM locked here)? Thanks

I think ur more than likely going to need an unlock code, there are a few sellers on Ebay. that have been used by a few ppl on here & they seem to be good.

I've just called the Derby VF store and they acknowledge there is a speaker/volume problem.

They offered me a replacement (will still have fault on it!) but not a refund.

They said that if I installed an 'official' Huawei update (B886) it will NOT invalidate the warranty, in fact they said they encourage customers to do their own updates!!!

I used ‘App Backup & Restore’ to back up my apps before I upgraded to R886. It doesn’t back-up copyrighted (paid for) apps so I tried to use ‘My Android Apps’ on Google Play (as I had done before on my rooted, 2.3.5 SF) anyway it failed to restore any of my paid apps. I contacted Google Play Store support about it and this is their reply:

Thanks for providing details about the issue you're experiencing on Google Play. In reviewing the information you've provided as well as our records, it appears that this issue is related to the fact that you're not using the authorized ROM that came with your device - using any ROM besides the factory default may cause the device to have limited functionality and may cause unexpected behaviour with the Google Play Store app. Unfortunately, we won't be able to troubleshoot this issue because the issue appears to be unique to the way your device is configured, and we can't recreate the issue with our devices here. To resolve the issue, I recommend using the authorized Android operating system provided by your manufacturer that can be obtained from their website or your carrier.

I had not problems prior to the upgrade so unless the app developers can come up with a workaround I will need to go back to the stock VF ROM and then update to R885.

Edited by Guest

Guest FrankieADZ

I've just called the Derby VF store and they acknowledge there is a speaker/volume problem.

They offered me a replacement (will still have fault on it!) but not a refund.

They said that if I installed an 'official' Huawei update (B886) it will NOT invalidate the warranty, in fact they said they encourage customers to do their own updates!!!

well thats good news then, tho knowing some stores 1 would say 1 thing and another would say something completely different

Guest punjabi

Do you think someone should update the beginning of this thread as the B888 ROM is now available...

"Just found a B888 ROM from Huawei - the instructions in the rar file say it's for U8815 and looks legit. I'll be flashing it just now and seeing what it looks like.

http://www.uloz.to/xQsVH9W/v100r001c185b888-rar

http://www.uloz.to/x...001c185b888-rar

MediaFire mirror:

http://www.mediafire.com/?navhb71095je2fh"]http://www.mediafire.com/?navhb71095je2fh

Guest Frankish

Thanks

No need to backup stock VF rom as it is available on these forums in an easy to install format like the B886 rom. If the update doesn't work you just try the same one again it will work ha ha. The phone will still be sim locked.

Will update post to B888 rom once i've read some feedback on it.

Guest toge64

I haven't upgraded to B888 or done a root yet, and I need to back up my apps.

would I need to root twice as I'll need titanium to back up? how is huawei's all backup as a backup app?

Edited by toge64

Guest sparkyh0611

Hi Lads,

New to all this modding stuff so go easy......

Right, i've followed instructions and im still getting the pink screen when holding the volume button on start, i definitely have the dload folder on the sd card, ive checked half a dozen times, any ideas what im doing wrong, im using windows 7 home, the only thing i can think of is that im using a 2gb sd card??

Oh and i've done the clockworkmod and managed that okay

Any help/ideas would be appreciated