Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Guest Neillomac

Hi installed a Rom (cynagoenmod 9.1 by Dazzozo) and got all the way to the end where you "reboot system now" but when it reboots it says "unfortuneatly, setup wizard has stopped" and thats as far as the phone goes I can't get into the phone at all, anyone got any ideas? otherwise my phone is useless...

Guest uasabi

Hi there,

I have installed CM10 and before I had CM10.1 but still getting reboots randomly or by the 3G I don't know for sure. Any one can help me?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mmunic194

First of all I've read that there isn't stupid questions in this thread so I' ll use that to ask a stupid question :P

First of all I'm new in Android world, still not too familiar to improve it, so I'm more like a user... With a few problems... Some of the apps I've installed on my Huawei Ascend G300, which I like to use, do not work properly... For example: They freeze before they actually get to work, no matter what I change I do not get push notification from facebook for doesn't matter if someone sends me a message or so, drop-down menu in apps such as google translate doesn't work properly,. etc

What have I done before this post? I've changed ROM few times, and still same problems. (that's not all of course it's everything I could remember at the moment) Please, please, please somehow help me I just want to get my phone work properly. And of course I'm sorry if I haven't posted this in right place, I'll delete it if I must, but give me a guidelines, anything. -and I'm really sorry for my English I hope it will not bother you. THANK YOU!

Edited by mmunic194

Guest denzele

Give some info about which rom you're running now and before..and anything else that you did to phone ( flashed anything apart from roms)...and also which apps you're trying to run?

Guest dalyer

Hi there,

I have installed CM10 and before I had CM10.1 but still getting reboots randomly or by the 3G I don't know for sure. Any one can help me?

Thanks in advance

Suspect #1 in this case is always the use of the GB inherently unlocked bootloader with the 2030 baseband. This causes 3G reboots for many but not all users.

There are some suggested workarounds/fixes but I'm not sure if any of them are 100% certain to work.

Best bet might be to see if you can get an unlock code for the ICS bootloader from Huawei (http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2117858 and http://www.modaco.co...code-of-huawei/), revert to a stock update.app ICS ROM, unlock the ICS bootloader, re-root and then reinstall your preferred custom ROM. I'm still waiting for them to send me the ICS bootloader unlock code to try this. But as I mentioned elsewhere I normally stick on 2G most of the time anyway because 3G really kills the battery.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Hi installed a Rom (cynagoenmod 9.1 by Dazzozo) and got all the way to the end where you "reboot system now" but when it reboots it says "unfortuneatly, setup wizard has stopped" and thats as far as the phone goes I can't get into the phone at all, anyone got any ideas? otherwise my phone is useless...

Try again and make sure to do a fully clean install by wiping everything. Make sure that the MD5 checksum of the ROM zip is correct before attempting to install it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djnuness

when i try to install cwm recovery it says writing recovery failed command not alowedd?? the phone is rooted what shod i do?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest davidgardinero

For anyone trying to download the link in the first post, you might have to use a cached page

Edited by davidgardinero

• 1 month later...
Guest sarahgrace

Oh my gosh.

After hours and hours and hours.. I was so stressed out with my phone and the issues I was having (I rooted and made a mess of the stock), I was even looking at new phones because everyone was sending me to Orin, and ROM manager, and even writing in terminal and NONE worked, I was so bummed. Then this came along. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I made a whole account just to say thank you !! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sharkyo01

I think you will lose root if you flash a stock ROM update.app. But you can easily re-root.

Yes he will lose his root access when he re flashes. So make sure you re-root every time you flash. Thought I would clear it up for you :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jimllmixit

Well, I don't know what to do. I've followed the instructions on this and many other threads, I've used the http://huaweig300.com page and I can't get the phone to boot into Clockworkmod recovery at all. I follow all the instructions, I've downloaded so many "guaranteed" fixes, my computer is groaning with the weight! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I've wiped and rooted and used custom roms before, but this is stumping me. Whenever I try and boot into CWM I just get the Huawei logo and nothing else, it never goes into CWM. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong? Been on this for six hours now and getting nowhere.

Guest jimllmixit

I installed ROM manager and got it to install the custom ROM, but now it just sits at the Cyanogemod logo and does nothing, any clues from here? I can't boot the phone up to open ROM manager and I can't open it in recovery mode, any ideas?

Guest jimllmixit

All I get is the logo spinning round, I can't open anything at all. I've downloaded the official ICS firmware onto my sd card and tried that, but it hasn't done anything.

Guest noobordumb

Hi i i got a problem i just loaded up clockwork and was going to install Slim Bean and factory reset it then its not reading my SD Card and reading the system SD Card instead so would should i do? :wacko:

Should i try flashing a update?

Help is appreciated

• 1 month later...

Hi.

My G300 dont want to turn on. 

I was on CM 10.1.

When i connect via usb, computer start "finding devices driver".

I tryd with another battery, but nothing, tryd without battery, nothing.

Can i do anything with it, or?

Sorry for bad english. Thanks.

I hope it's not another one that seems to have spontaneously died?

A few people have reported this happening but there's no obvious pattern or solution ... :(

The usual advice applies - try charging it for a while, try with charger but no battery etc.

Edited by dalyer

• 2 months later...

The thread is quite old.

There may be better/more up to date ways to do the same thing.

For example:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366749-help-to-root-bootloader-and-others/#entry2177051

But browse and read some of the many threads for more.

Avoid advice that recommends the unofficial bootloader unlock (g300bootloader.exe or something like that) or anything that suggests zeroizing or changing your IMEI.

If you need to unlock the phone for use on any network then you'll probably need an unlock code as a ROM is generally not going to do this:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362050-modaco-approved-huawei-unlock-codes-request-here-375/

Hope this helps.

That's great, thanks Dalyer :)

I've already bought a code, but because of Xmas, it's been sat in my inbox waiting for me to pull my finger out and get this done :D