• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CHROME BROWSER FOR GINGERBREAD.....

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

It has been quite a while since Google Chrome for Android was launched.

Google Chrome for desktops is one of the fastest and most used browsers of the world. But don’t know why Google was a bit late in releasing the Android version of Chrome. And also when the Chrome for Android was launched, it came just for those devices with the latest version of Android, i.e. Android IceCream Sandwich.

But majority of Android Users are still with the GingerBread version of the Android.

So here we have a good news for all. Some XDA developer has released the Gingerbread version of Chrome.

All you need to do is download and install the .apk file of Google Chrome for Android Gingerbread...

post-969956-0-84558900-1336219816_thumb.

Download Google Chrome .apk for Android Gingerbread.

Here is the link for the download : http://www.mediafire.com/?d107dm43udc27ab

post-969956-0-79590100-1336219931_thumb.

now you can use blazing fast speed of Google Chrome on your zte racer......

it is quiet fast rather than opera but it is beta version and use alot of ram nearly (20mb )........

post-969956-0-66034200-1336222258.png

post-969956-0-47948400-1336222152.png

post-969956-0-13052000-1336222183.png

post-969956-0-17553100-1336222228.png

post-969956-0-47083400-1336222204.png

this is chrome........

Edited by abhi922

Posted · Report post

can you post some screenshots please? i thought this was not for low end ldpi devices

Posted · Report post

Itz a nice browser .........

Posted · Report post

It's very similar to mireo browser.

Posted · Report post

it's quick, but still not as quick as opera mini :)

I looked on xda last night.someone wrote it was created in Russia? So its not possible to put true chrome on a 2.3.etc type ROM? but so far its working ok for me.

Edited by sam tyler

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome&hl=en

Chrome for Android is available, initially in Beta, on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.

meaning we do not have chrome for racer or any 2.3.x related devices/roms

it's out on beta for android 4+ devices, but only some have the required assets to use it, so even using android 4+ is still not a guarantee it will work. fully working on the racer........ no, :)

Edited by plegdroid

Posted · Report post

as below

post-910238-133639390559_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

very similar to miui rom's browser.. :P

Posted · Report post

it's out on beta for android 4+ devices, but only some have the required assets to use it, so even using android 4+ is still not a guarantee it will work. fully working on the racer........ no, :)

good job google :P

Posted · Report post

post-914473-0-91988400-1336416316.png so this bit is made up? (as seen on G.C. apk) do you think its safe to use on the phone?

Posted · Report post

enabling bandwidth saving mode brings nothing but showing a different language as the one shown in screenshot frm equiliym(miren browser)...

Posted · Report post

so this bit is made up? (as seen on G.C. apk) do you think its safe to use on the phone?

i think it should be safe, its just miren browser with edited strings and images (chrome stuff), you can just download casual miren on xda, should be first spot on google lol.. but i dont use it so i wont really talk about it :)

Posted · Report post

I agree with all of you.....

yes,this is not real chrome browser.....

it is fake, only fake browser .....

it is. only for fun to make others fool.....

Posted · Report post

dis is not a true Chrome browser..

coz. Google Chrome Browser n Mozilla Firefox browsers r designed only for high end devices.. vil never b able 2 taste them..

v can jus taste them on emulators.. :(